• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

See...if we pass on a big 3 receiver to move back, and all we get are some midround picks, some on here will flipout...but not me. For all we know, our brass has zero interest in going WR in the first, and are locked in on RT...so...get whatever the hell you can, and move back...midrounds are full of IOL, RBs, LBs, DTs...all needs...pick up a couple more players to compete and develop, while still getting the guy they wanted all along, regardless of what some FANS want? No complaints here, no matter what I mock...

Trust in Jim and Joe...
    Depends on what spot you move back from. I know the Jimmy Johnson chart is just a guide. - but you don't want undersell for the 5th pick in the draft. A 3rd and a 4th in this years draft to the Jets or Vikings would be selling low. The Jets would need to add a 2025 pick to move back from 5 to 10

The Vikings - two thirds isn't going to cut it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
      My theory on how the Chargers can assist a MN/AZ trade cutting out NY from moving up to 4 if they indeed want JJ….and/or AZ refuses to go no lower than 5 so they can draft their top WR.

Vikings gets 4 1800 pts
      AZ gets 5 1700 + MN 5th 29 pts & save $ on MH/Nabers contract
      Chargers get 11 + 23 2010 pts

trade could easily be tweaked with a late pick or two
      Just can’t see the Patriots moving down and taking Nix or Penix at 11.
      Arizona is getting screwed on this deal - 1729 points when the value of the pick is 1800

I like the framework of the deal but I think AZ would want more than a 5th to move back one spot.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

See...if we pass on a big 3 receiver to move back, and all we get are some midround picks, some on here will flipout...but not me. For all we know, our brass has zero interest in going WR in the first, and are locked in on RT...so...get whatever the hell you can, and move back...midrounds are full of IOL, RBs, LBs, DTs...all needs...pick up a couple more players to compete and develop, while still getting the guy they wanted all along, regardless of what some FANS want? No complaints here, no matter what I mock...

Trust in Jim and Joe...
        Right now they are the equivalent of the new Sheriff coming into town and half the Bar ends up dead an hour later! Then to make it worse they think that more offensive linemen are the answer with high draft picks. I wonder what these two would do if Kellen Winslow Sr. and LT were on the board at #5? Basically my answer is Fuck offensive linemen in the first round if your inside the top 15 and you don't need a Left Tackle. If they want to beat us to death with bad football go back and watch games with no Mike Williams and KA. QJ will never be Money in the bank when you need to convert third downs consistently. That amounts to lots of stalled drives...If you need a tackle then Move the fuck up from #37 with a second rounder for next year rather than moving down from #5. I'm good with moving down if it nets us two High thirds in this years draft as it could very well suit out needs for additional picks of players we could use. I would still take Brian Thomas at #11 and use those third rounders for an additional receiver, RB, TE, and other PON.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Depends on what spot you move back from. I know the Jimmy Johnson chart is just a guide. - but you don't want undersell for the 5th pick in the draft. A 3rd and a 4th in this years draft to the Jets or Vikings would be selling low. The Jets would need to add a 2025 pick to move back from 5 to 10

The Vikings - two thirds isn't going to cut it.
          So...just for example...if they really want JC Latham, you are saying stay at 5 and take Latham...vs moving back, getting 2 players, AND Latham on a cheaper rookie contract, just so we dont sell low?

I hope our guys arent that stubborn...
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

So...just for example...if they really want JC Latham, you are saying stay at 5 and take Latham...vs moving back, getting 2 players, AND Latham on a cheaper rookie contract, just so we dont sell low?

It means you have to do something else and your a bit dense in your thinking. I'm glad that we have a coach that is concerned about fixing our lines but not at the maximum detriment of everything else.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

they can move down quite a bit and still get Latham imo.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

With the 5th pick - I am taking top 2 or 3 talent - if you remove the QBs. Even with the QBs, Nabers and MHJr might be ahead of Maye and Daniels

If they like latham - thats fine. But if you are trading back - get the value of the 5th pick. If I had to guess, the grades between players isn't a perfect stair case. Meaning the value between 5 and 10 is not the same as 10 and 15, My guess10 is closer to 20 than 5 is to 10
                I am fine taking the player over not getting a very good deal to move from 5

I am very good if the pick is Nabers or MHJr at 5. But, if i am trading back - I am getting a boat load

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

With the 5th pick - I am taking top 2 or 3 talent - if you remove the QBs. Even with the QBs, Nabers and MHJr might be ahead of Maye and Daniels

If they like latham - thats fine. But if you are trading back - get the value of the 5th pick. If I had to guess, the grades between players isn't a perfect stair case. Meaning the value between 5 and 10 is not the same as 10 and 15, My guess10 is closer to 20 than 5 is to 10
                  I am fine taking the player over not getting a very good deal to move from 5

I am very good if the pick is Nabers or MHJr at 5. But, if i am trading back - I am getting a boat load
                  Latham is a RT, and RT's are not #5 picks. you are correct, good sir.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

they can move down quite a bit and still get Latham imo.
                    Seems like there are a few really good RT candidates
                    Latham
                    Fuanga
                    Mims

Again, I am fine trading back but I am getting maximum value - if not sign me up for Malik or Marvin

Hell, if MN trades with AZ and four QBs go top 4
                    Hortiz might get the TOP player on his draft board at pick number 5

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Seems like there are a few really good RT candidates
                      Latham
                      Fuanga
                      Mims
                      An upgraded right tackle is going to solve our problems vs. a top tier receiver like Nabers and MHjr after we jettisoned our quality talent. This football math does not equate.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

What sucks about trading with MIN, is they don’t have a 2nd or 3rd in this coming draft.

I think Hortiz is going to be wheeling and dealing if he does get 11 and 23. I wouldn’t be surprised if they
                        even move back up to 8 to get a player they want then trade down and acquire multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd using both those 1st rounders.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

You people arent listening...and you have no clue what they are gonna do...if Jim wants a RT, thats what he is picking...dont get pissy with me...i aint making the pick...sheesh. we stay at 5, im picking Marvin, but im not jim. All im saying is if he wants fuaga or latham, he is gonna get one of those guys, and makes sense to get whatever he can, selling high or low, to move back and get his guy anyway.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X