Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Dawson Knox also fits the underutilized label. Like him in the mid rounds.
    Yet you take Warring at 5....why???

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Yet you take Warring at 5....why???
      It is a spot where I think he will be a value.
      I also found this interesting.

The Chargers continue their evaluation process as the 2019 NFL draft draws closer and closer. The team recently decided to travel down south for some more with San Diego State's Pro Day.

Tight end coach Rip Scherer, specifically, was in attendance for it. Scherer was drawn in by former Aztec tight end Kahale Warring, according to NFL Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

I have/had him at 6 in my draft evals I did a couple of weeks ago. What is he 6 - 7 or something like that?

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Play the draft by volume.
          Trade back and get more picks since not all picks will hit, and more picks give more opportunities to hit.
          Not that it's easy to find a trading partner. But It would be nice to see the Chargers attack the draft in a different way. More often than not, if they trade, the Charger are moving up and trading away more picks than they get.

I would love to see them do this;
          Chargers trade back from #28 with Packers for #30 & #118
          then
          Chargers trade back from #30 with Cardinals for #33 & #139
          then
          Chargers trade back from #33 with Giants for #37, #142 & #143

Chargers picks after trade downs;
          Rd2.(37)
          Rd2.(60)
          Rd3.(91)
          Rd4.(118)
          Rd4.(130)
          Rd5.(139)
          Rd5.(142)
          Rd5.(143)
          Rd5.(166)
          Rd6.(200)
          Rd7.(242)

Anyways. I suspect Chargers may try and move up in rd1 or rd2 to go after a player. Telesco has done that nearly every other draft.
          But, I really hope they attack this draft much differently than previous ones and see if they can acquire picks from teams trying to move up.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

It is a spot where I think he will be a value.
            I also found this interesting.

The Chargers continue their evaluation process as the 2019 NFL draft draws closer and closer. The team recently decided to travel down south for some more with San Diego State's Pro Day.

Tight end coach Rip Scherer, specifically, was in attendance for it. Scherer was drawn in by former Aztec tight end Kahale Warring, according to NFL Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline.

Tony Pauline.
            Greg Gabriel's fav.

:thumbsup:
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
              Trade back and get more picks since not all picks will hit, and more picks give more opportunities to hit.
              Not that it's easy to find a trading partner. But It would be nice to see the Chargers attack the draft in a different way. More often than not, if they trade, the Charger are moving up and trading away more picks than they get.

then
              then

Rd2.(37)
              Rd2.(60)
              Rd3.(91)
              Rd4.(118)
              Rd4.(130)
              Rd5.(139)
              Rd5.(142)
              Rd5.(143)
              Rd5.(166)
              Rd6.(200)
              Rd7.(242)

Anyways. I suspect Chargers may try and move up in rd1 or rd2 to go after a player. Telesco has done that nearly every other draft.
              But, I really hope they attack this draft much differently than previous ones and see if they can acquire picks from teams trying to move up.
              Devil's advocate, critty, 'cause you know I always appreciate your takes.

My favorite move for quite a while is for Ed Oliver to drop to about @15, and the Chargers trade up.

Then we can go figure out Oline/DB.

I want impact...just a few pieces.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

then
                then

Rd2.(37)
                Rd2.(60)
                Rd3.(91)
                Rd4.(118)
                Rd4.(130)
                Rd5.(139)
                Rd5.(142)
                Rd5.(143)
                Rd5.(166)
                Rd6.(200)
                Rd7.(242)

That kind of thing very rarely happens in drafts where a team keeps trading down.
                ​​​​​​
                ​​​​​​Of course you have to draft the right guys but the higher the talent level, the better chance you get a good player instead grabbing a bunch of extra 4th and 5th rounders.
                End result is we went down 9 spots there so it would have to be some bad luck for the Chargers with their guys not being there.

Probably why he likes to trade up but I wouldn't mind moving back from 28 to the early 2nd netting an extra 3rd.
                Not that they can't hit on guys in later rounds but chances are in that range, most players aren't hits. Though you can argue Te'o that he traded up for. But, you have to draft the right guys and at least Te'o is still in the league. Just wasn't an impact guy.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-08-2019, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

then
                  then

Rd2.(37)
                  Rd2.(60)
                  Rd3.(91)
                  Rd4.(118)
                  Rd4.(130)
                  Rd5.(139)
                  Rd5.(142)
                  Rd5.(143)
                  Rd5.(166)
                  Rd6.(200)
                  Rd7.(242)

That's a whole lot of trading back, Critty...Bobby Beathard would be proud of you...

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Nick Bosa is a little overrated.
                    He is not as good as Joey.

At Ohio State.

Joey played 11 games as a freshman - Tackles 42 (27 solo, 15 ast) for Loss (13.5), Sacks (7.5)
                    Nick played 12 games as a freshman - Tackles 29 (17 solo, 12 ast) for Loss (7), Sacks (5)

Joey played 15 games as a sophmore - Tackles 55 (39 solo, 16 ast) for Loss (21.5), Sacks (13.5)
                    Nick played 14 games as a sophmore - Tackles 34 (19 solo, 15 ast) for Loss (16), Sacks (8.5)

Joey played 12 games as a junior - Tackles 51 (35 solo, 16 ast) for Loss (16), Sacks (5)
                    Nick played 3 games as a junior - Tackles 14 (11 solo, 3 ast) for Loss (6), Sacks (4)

Nick started hot his junior year but then missed the rest of year with injury.

I believe that if Joey wasn't his brother. Nick would not be getting so much hype as a top 5 pick.
                    He is still very good prospect. But I don't think he would be top 5-10 coming off injury if it wasn't for the bloodline factor.

I would pick Josh Allen over Nick Bosa..... Because of AVAILABILITY FACTOR...I think I will get many more games played from Allen over the next 5 seasons than I would Nick Bosa.

Is that just me? Would any of you take Allen over Bosa?
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

I have Allen ahead of Bosa on my board. Allen is significantly more scheme/position flexible with a higher ceiling.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

then
                        then

Rd2.(37)
                        Rd2.(60)
                        Rd3.(91)
                        Rd4.(118)
                        Rd4.(130)
                        Rd5.(139)
                        Rd5.(142)
                        Rd5.(143)
                        Rd5.(166)
                        Rd6.(200)
                        Rd7.(242)

Telesco hasn't traded up in 3 year (half his tenure as GM).

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

028) QB Jarrett Stidham, NT Dexter Lawrence, OC Erik McCoy, OG Kaleb McGary, FS Nasir Adderley
                          060) OT Yodny Cajuste, RB Bryce Love, CB Justin Layne
                          091) TE Josh Oliver, FS Deionte Thompson
                          130) OT Isaiah Prince
                          166) LB Te'Von Coney
                          200) WIL Jawuan Johnson, CB Isaiah Johnson, ILB TJ Edwards, WR Jalen Hurd
                          242) WR John Ursua, ILB Titus Davis, NT Olive Sagapolu CB Kemon Hall

UDFA) FS Chris Johnson, CB Mark Fields, P Corey Fatony, OT Casey Tucker, ILB Josiah Tauaefa
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X