Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You're fast or you're not. He is not by his timed run.
    His short area quickness and COD are excellent/elite. Sounds like a perfect fit for a box safety or cover 2 scheme.
    Still a good football player just will be a limited scheme player in the NFL.
    I may eat my words here as I just read that Rapp may still be nursing a groin injury.
    If true, this would definitely hinder his ability to run. But then why did this not disrupt his ability to excel at the 3cone, 20 & 60 yard shuttles? Questions to be answered.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

You're fast or you're not. He is not by his timed run.
      His short area quickness and COD are excellent/elite. Sounds like a perfect fit for a box safety or cover 2 scheme.
      Still a good football player just will be a limited scheme player in the NFL.
      Lol. His "timed speed" varied from 4.57 to 4.72 depending on the stop watch referenced. Putting a lot of value on a quoted time with high variance and a high ability of timing error. If his time was 4.64 (avged) are u still that concerned for a FS?Me thinks you put way too much value on that. Be ware, that is what has caused the Raiders to draft that way. I personally like Thornhill and the kid out of FL. But u said Rapp will fall to day 3. I will make u any bet u want he goes in top 3 rds, and likely before our 2nd.

His tape is awesome, and he is the best tackling FS in the draft.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Lol. His "timed speed" varied from 4.57 to 4.72 depending on the stop watch referenced. Putting a lot of value on a quoted time with high variance and a high ability of timing error. If his time was 4.64 (avged) are u still that concerned for a FS?Me thinks you put way too much value on that. Be ware, that is what has caused the Raiders to draft that way. I personally like Thornhill and the kid out of FL. But u said Rapp will fall to day 3. I will make u any bet u want he goes in top 3 rds, and likely before our 2nd.

I like Rapp had him as my #75 rated prospect when I originally posted my board. Yes MAJOR concerns with him in any kind of single high role. Hence why I had him at #75 before his not great timed speed.
        I wouldn't take him till day 3 but wouldn't be surprised to see him go day 2.

Raiders use to love speed as the only prerequisite or maybe a Heismen. I do have a metric system that I have standards for positions as ideal candidates but game tape is 75% of my prospect evaluations.

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I may eat my words here as I just read that Rapp may still be nursing a groin injury.
          If true, this would definitely hinder his ability to run. But then why did this not disrupt his ability to excel at the 3cone, 20 & 60 yard shuttles? Questions to be answered.
          Maybe Rapp got injured AFTER those drills...

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Maybe Rapp got injured AFTER those drills...
            Perhaps, even though reported the groin was injured during the RoseBowl
            Last edited by like54ninjas; 04-03-2019, 07:45 PM.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I like Rapp had him as my #75 rated prospect when I originally posted my board. Yes MAJOR concerns with him in any kind of single high role. Hence why I had him at #75 before his not great timed speed.
              I wouldn't take him till day 3 but wouldn't be surprised to see him go day 2.

Raiders use to love speed as the only prerequisite or maybe a Heismen. I do have a metric system that I have standards for positions as ideal candidates but game tape is 75% of my prospect evaluations.
              yeah...he isnt a burner but he isnt slow either. Still like G-J and Thornhill better although i am not huge on going S in rd 1.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Perhaps, even though reported the groin was injured during the RoseBowl
                Okay, then, what if Rapp got injured during the Rose Bowl, was kind of healed up before the combine, did the drills, then re-aggravated the injury either during or after the drills?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, then, what if Rapp got injured during the Rose Bowl, was kind of healed up before the combine, did the drills, then re-aggravated the injury either during or after the drills?
                  Of course that is possible.
                  So is that fact that he is a 4.6/4.7 guy. That my friends is the Jahleel Addae speed we are looking to replace. Rapp does tackle better but he is far from a ballhawk and hasn't produced more than 60 tackles in a season.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

So is that fact that he is a 4.6/4.7 guy. That my friends is the Jahleel Addae speed we are looking to replace. Rapp does tackle better but he is far from a ballhawk and hasn't produced more than 60 tackles in a season.
                    We are replacing Addaes bad angles and missed tackles. And he doesn't play as fast as Rapp does.
                    Most FS aren't real fast and of course I'd love a fast one but even some of the best ones weren't burners. Ed Reed ran a 4.57.

I don't know what Rapps deal is why he ran a 4.72, but if he was injured at all and can run a 4.6, I'd be fine with that. His shuttles we're great so he has the closing speed forfplays in front of him and is a sure tackler.

That said, I'd still prefer Rapp in round 2. Would love Thornhill in round 2 but maybe we trade back a bit from 28 and get him early in round 2 and get an extra pick.

Wish the draft were this weekend

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We are replacing Addaes bad angles and missed tackles. And he doesn't play as fast as Rapp does.
                      Most FS aren't real fast and of course I'd love a fast one but even some of the best ones weren't burners. Ed Reed ran a 4.57.

I don't know what Rapps deal is why he ran a 4.72, but if he was injured at all and can run a 4.6, I'd be fine with that. His shuttles we're great so he has the closing speed forfplays in front of him and is a sure tackler.

That said, I'd still prefer Rapp in round 2. Would love Thornhill in round 2 but maybe we trade back a bit from 28 and get him early in round 2 and get an extra pick.

Wish the draft were this weekend
                      Me too. 3 weeks from today brother.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Well, I guess Rapp has a bad rap against him then...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I heard Gus Bradley volunteered to run the official clock on Rapp's 40....:shifty:

Rapp apologists claimed he was running much faster in the weeks leading up to his pro day...take it for what it's worth. If we are at all interested in Rapp, I'm sure his tape will be telling on how fast he really is...but I haven't heard about us bringing him in for a workout...so who knows. Me, love the kid, and it would be great if really is faster than that time, but ends up sliding to us in the second because of it.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X