• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

...still looking for a mid round swing tackle, at least.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      There's probably 15 tier 1 guys in the draft and 40 tier two guys as always. I don't expect a tier 1 guy to fall to pick 28. So we're looking to pick one of the tier 2 guys, not a faller. I'd be looking for a faller at the end of round 2, not round 1.
      The first instance that jumps to mind is the Chiefs w/ either of Jamal Charles or Kareem Hunt in the third.

Sometimes players can be overshadowed by more celebrated teammates or are viewed as being one dimensional.

There are always the unheralded, off Broadway/Sammy small school guys who drop as well.

My list would look something like this:

QB Brett Rypien, Ryan Finley, Jarrett Stidham
      RB Damien Harris, Bryce Love
      WR Kelvin Harmon, AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
      TE Josh Oliver
      OT Isaiah Prince
      3T Jerry Tillery

WIL Devin Bush
      CB Justin Layne
      Last edited by beachcomber; 02-04-2019, 12:32 AM.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I hope we can find a Nick Mullins type late in the draft and focus on the better ones in the next draft.
        IMG_5365_Z189CGn.jpg

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ironic that the link you posted doesnt have Stidham named as a first or second rounder and calls this class, as i have been saying, ...."not very good from top to bottom". And the QBs in the second round he named he called a roll of the dice lol.
          Not sure what you see in Stidham that is a first rounder. Would be such as wasted pick for a team so close. There is just no way we can afford to pas on guys like Wilson, Adderley or Simmons if he falls to draft a QB we dont need yet. I think that would really hurt us trying to get over the playoff hump we cant seem to get over. For a development type QB, id use a 4th on him if he were there but i hope we can find a Nick Mullins type late in the draft and focus on the better ones in the next draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

None if those guys you listed was close to a first round pick or was slated to take Brady's spot and most didn't amount to anything.
            Closest was Garopolo as a late second.

You can't miss on first rounders and we don't need a first round QB this year and Stidham isn't worth one anyways so let NE have him....which I doubt they use a first round pick on a QB as you showed.

​​​​He will sit like all those others you named because Brady isn't retiring for a few more years.
            The only team that has used a first round pick on a QB that sat for three years was GB and that was because Favre kept saying he was retiring and always changed his mind.

Rivers and Brady have said they want to keep playing so I wouldn't expect them or us to use a first on a QB. Again, this class stinks for franchise QBs but if you want a backup, it's stacked with those.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-04-2019, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

come April, not only do I suspect that Stidham is slotted in the first round by most pundits/draftniks, but will go on record that also surmise that he will turn out as the best QB out of this class, and.... Rivers sat for a fair bit behind Brees.

if I'm John Spanos and Philip plays two more years, I'd prefer to hit the ground running come 2021, 'specially if Stidham is as good as me thinks he just might be.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Could also do that in 2020 with a better talented QB class.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Dane Brugler, one of the better pundits,
                  has us taking Andre Dillard OT @ 28,
                  filling a major need.

Also in his latest mock,
                  Brugler has us taking
                  Jahlani Tavai,
                  sleeper LB,
                  out of Hawaii
                  @ 60.
                  Tavai has been injured
                  so he is under the radar.

Interesting takes by Brugler,
                  also as to priority PON.

Adderly AND Deionte were on the board @ 28,
                  as far as FS goes.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Dane Brugler, one of the better pundits,
                    has us taking Andre Dillard OT @ 28,
                    filling a major need.

Also in his latest mock,
                    Brugler has us taking
                    Jahlani Tavai,
                    sleeper LB,
                    out of Hawaii
                    @ 60.
                    Tavai has been injured
                    so he is under the radar.

Interesting takes by Brugler,
                    also as to priority PON.

Adderly AND Deionte were on the board @ 28,
                    as far as FS goes.
                    Nice to see the pundits coming around to our need for an OT big time. I'd be concerned about taking a player with an injury history in the 2nd.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

We took one in the first round last year.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

"baby Bolt"

think he checks the AL boxes.... tough/mobile QB.... question is where do you project his intangibles ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

reading the Dexter Lawrence report/analysis.... sure seems to check all the (Chargers) boxes,

Get the latest NFL draft news. Watch live streaming draft videos & video highlights. Follow our NFL draft tracker, draft history & mock draft commentary.

Comment

Working...
                          X