Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

No. TPB Steve. Might be our best football guy. Steve is my mentor regarding the game. He and I have been doing the draft thing together for years now. Getting him back is a huge plus for this forums draft discussions.
    Awesome! More draftniks, with solid football takes, makes the draft season that much more fun.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Spoke with Steve yesterday. Hes logged in a couple times. Im hoping he chimes in this draft process. That would be pretty epic imo.
      That would be awesome.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
      225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That would be awesome.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Thoyd. :nod:
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Awesome! More draftniks, with solid football takes, makes the draft season that much more fun.
            You will learn a lot about the game. The X's and O's. I know ive learned a lot from him.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Ontario , Canada
              • Send PM

Here is a good site iding draft needs for each team updated through the year, more often during and after FA.

They have our top needs as ILB and TE. We needed some backup help but wondering if they also see Perryman w his injuries an issue too. Next are DE, OT, OLB , QB all at 3 ( 1 is highest need)

We need more help on the D IMO. I just hope they don't go TE, QB w a high rnd pick.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I see DL & OL after 28.

There are stud TEs up and down the draft if we want a two-headed monster w/HH.

But I do not see 3 down LBs after @ 28.

I like Tre Lamar for leadership, size, sand in pants, and projected durability @ ~ 93, but teams will pass with him in there.

The MIKE/NLB has important coverage responsibilities for gusD deep middle of the field.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

As always, Telesco tips his hand towards team needs in FA. He usually goes out to add some stop-gap type FA to fill immediate needs, so the rookies don't have to play.

Then we go into the draft and can swing for the fence a bit. Lately, we have been doing pretty well on almost every pick. Mix in all the help we add in the street FA right after the draft, I like our chances to add some quality players.

I don't mind adding help at TE or QB (early), but it needs to be the Keenan Allen type pick. Guy who has no business being available dropping to us, like Allen was in the 3rd when we took him. I don't expect it to happen though.

The big unknown is the draft with all the DL. When a draft has a glut at a position, teams will often feel like they can wait and address other needs first. Then when they get drafted, they fly off the board.

But DL, and especially the edge rushers are such a huge need for every team, they might try and get rich with multiple high picks and start the rush early. If it does, then someone like Devin White who might normally be a 10-20 pick, could drop to us. Or one of the top OT.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    As always, Telesco tips his hand towards team needs in FA. He usually goes out to add some stop-gap type FA to fill immediate needs, so the rookies don't have to play.

Then we go into the draft and can swing for the fence a bit. Lately, we have been doing pretty well on almost every pick. Mix in all the help we add in the street FA right after the draft, I like our chances to add some quality players.

I don't mind adding help at TE or QB (early), but it needs to be the Keenan Allen type pick. Guy who has no business being available dropping to us, like Allen was in the 3rd when we took him. I don't expect it to happen though.

The big unknown is the draft with all the DL. When a draft has a glut at a position, teams will often feel like they can wait and address other needs first. Then when they get drafted, they fly off the board.

But DL, and especially the edge rushers are such a huge need for every team, they might try and get rich with multiple high picks and start the rush early. If it does, then someone like Devin White who might normally be a 10-20 pick, could drop to us. Or one of the top OT.
                    I am seeing a whole slew of ORTs @ 28 and @ ~ 60. Some have holes that Pat Meyer can work on.
                    A dark horse for me is Michael Jordan, who I project to play C, ORG, or ORT. But, say Jawaan Taylor, that's tempting @ 28.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Ontario , Canada
                      • Send PM

I have to give them credit for their success at each pick. They hit w the top picks where they can't go too wrong like Bosa, Melvin Gordon, Hunter Henry and Derwin James. Mike Williams is good too where there is a high risk factor w WRs as high picks.

And most of their other picks have had a great success rate. They are finding starters in the mid and later rounds. Keenan Allen was a steal in the 3rd rnd. Dan Feeney is a solid guard (In teh top 15 in the Lindy's positional grades) , Kyhzir White was doing well at OLB, Denzel Perrymen is good ( just injuries) , Desmond King, Jatavis Brown is decent, Justin Jones, Justin Jackson, Darius Philon , Kyle Emmanuel and the other picks including the UDFA CBs who were starting all show they can play.

They seem to lock onto players they want in each round and just take them vs going BPA or trading up and down but it seems to be working well.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

I'm not even sure the OL position is all that important. Shuffle the rest of the guys and play the 5 best.

I think Schofield is a better RT than OG, but Barksdale at RT made a better overall OL, so put Schofield at OG, and he never got in the mix at RT. This offseason, just find places to let guys compete and let TC decide who starts.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
                          I have to give them credit for their success at each pick. They hit w the top picks where they can't go too wrong like Bosa, Melvin Gordon, Hunter Henry and Derwin James. Mike Williams is good too where there is a high risk factor w WRs as high picks.

And most of their other picks have had a great success rate. They are finding starters in the mid and later rounds. Keenan Allen was a steal in the 3rd rnd. Dan Feeney is a solid guard (In teh top 15 in the Lindy's positional grades) , Kyhzir White was doing well at OLB, Denzel Perrymen is good ( just injuries) , Desmond King, Jatavis Brown is decent, Justin Jones, Justin Jackson, Darius Philon , Kyle Emmanuel and the other picks including the UDFA CBs who were starting all show they can play.

They seem to lock onto players they want in each round and just take them vs going BPA or trading up and down but it seems to be working well.
                          The midround hits are so important.
                          Hopefully the agents for the players we need to retain are reasonable.
                          Build that roster !

Comment

Working...
                          X