• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
    Armon Watts or Trysten Hill would be good 4th-5th choices. Y'all know who the 5-6 1st rd DTs are. Wren would be my 3rd rd guy.
    I like Wren but another guy I think is over hyped in here, which is not to say is a bad thing, its just what we need so we tend to maybe over rate some guys,.... though in like him better than Saunders.. Another, is Thornhill. I like him too but just think he is more 2nd- early 3rd rounder.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-21-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      The issue with Saunders is disengaging from blocks.

But look at his athleticism, his ability to penetrate and close.

A small school 1TECH, I project him to 3TECH #2 for us, and a perfect fit behind Justin Jones.

The only negative while Khalen learns technique is, the snaps at 1TECH will be minimal.

I see a more athletic version of Philon.
      ALL sammy small schools the entire draft wu-dai?

:bertstare:
      Last edited by powderblueboy; 04-21-2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I like Wren but another guy I think is over hyped in here, which is not to say is a bad thing, its just what we ned so we tend to maybe over rate some guys,.... though in like him better than Saunders.. Another, is Thornhill. I like him too but just think he is more 2nd- early 3rd rounder.
        I finally saw a bit of wren against washington: he looked a lot like Chris Jones ----------- he Needs a swiM Move

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

ALL sammy small schools the entire draft wu-dai?

:bertstare:
          No. No. No.
          Only this guy.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I finally saw a bit of wren against washington: he looked a lot like Chris Jones ----------- he Needs a swiM Move
            Not saying he is vastly over hyped in here, just think 3rd round is more his place, maybe 4th. For us I have to remind myself we pick late so probably by won't make it to our 4th.

Chris Jones was rated a 6.2 by NFL.com. That would be top 15-20 in this draft class. First round anyways. Wren is rated a 5.65, still good but falls in the chance to become starter category. I didn't see a lot of him, AZ college games don't keep my interest much lol.

And just to clarify , I'd be ok with either. Chargers front office are the paid experts, just don't like to reach if possible.
            I like them all, even Saunders but Saunders to me is the most over hyped in here and don't expect much from him as a rookie.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-21-2019, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

The issue with Saunders is disengaging from blocks.

But look at his athleticism, his ability to penetrate and close.

A small school 1TECH, I project him to 3TECH #2 for us, and a perfect fit behind Justin Jones.

The only negative while Khalen learns technique is, the snaps at 1TECH will be minimal.

I see a more athletic version of Philon.
              Great point, Wood. What I see watching Saunders is, he may not totally disengage blockers all the time, but all the while, he is PENETRATING, as you point out...PUSHING THE POCKET...and isn't THAT one of the main roles of a DT? Push the pocket, and you push the QB into the waiting arms of Boss and Ingram...yes, YES...COME TO PAPA!!!

image.jpeg
              Last edited by Topcat; 04-21-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The word for the day, and this draft: penetrating.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

I really like Clayton Thorson and even though we have more important priorities than Rivers succesor, I would love to see the Chargers take Thorson in the 3rd rd and have him learn from Phillip for two years.

Really talented kid who made the best out of a truly awful situation at Northwestern.
                  Last edited by UglyTruth; 04-21-2019, 04:07 PM.
                  Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                  - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                  - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                  - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                  - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                  - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                  - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

No. No. No.
                    Only this guy.
                    So V5 is out...I like the first 3 picks...solid. Not to nitpick, but even though I see Saunders being versatile enough to play both DT positions, I think he ultimately is Mebanes replacement. We supposedly like the more athletic, penetrating type 1 techs...and Saunders fits the bill.

Regardless, love to have that kid on this team. One of my favs.

I'm still convinced we don't touch oline early...but if we do, I like Risner a lot.
                    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Watch his 2018 MICHIGAN STATE tape. He abuses their OC/IOL. Really get to see his explosive traits.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• alex8080
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                        I really like Clayton Thorson and even though we have more important priorities than Rivers succesor, I would love to see the Chargers take Thorson in the 3rd rd and have him learn from Phillip for two years.

Really talented kid who made the best out of a truly awful situation at Northwestern.
                        completely agree

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Ontario , Canada
                          • Send PM

Here is CBS's 7 rnd mock draft for us. The table format feature works great on this site btw. First forum that makes it easy to cut and paste table like information. Usually it gets scrunched and you have to set your own tabs.

1 28 OT Kaleb McGary, Washington
                          2 60 DT Dre'Mont Jones, Ohio State
                          3 91 OLB Germaine Pratt, NC State
                          4 130 CB Kris Boyd, Texas
                          5 166 G Phil Haynes, Wake Forest
                          6 200 WR DaMarkus Lodge, Ole Miss
                          7 242 QB Easton Stick, North Dakota State
                          When you're mock drafting for the Chargers, there's no need to brainstorm any trade scenarios. In each of the last two years, they've methodically made one pick per round when it was their turn. Last year my seven-round mock predicted they would hold to form. No reason to change it up this year, as the team kicks off its draft with an ascending tackle prospect whose great combine gives him a great chance at being the first offensive lineman off the board once you get past the normal top tier of players expected to go in the top 20. McGary is an immediate starter at right tackle, or the Chargers could choose to move him inside and help solidify the interior.

While the value at defensive tackle would be solid at No. 28, getting Jones at No. 60 could be an absolute steal. He's a penetrating force on the interior who will give the team's pass rush another dimension while addressing a clear position of need. In the third round, the Chargers add another piece to a linebacker corps that needed overhauling this offseason. Pratt has the ability to develop into a starter at outside linebacker.

Boyd is a bit of a wild card at corner but one who has the speed and strength to succeed. He could also be an option as a safety down the road. Haynes has been a bit undersold in the predraft process but I think he emerges as a starter at guard eventually. Lodge has been overshadowed by his Ole Miss counterparts but he has the potential to be a contributor at the NFL level. Stick makes for a nice developmental prospect who has a chance to stick as a backup.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...all-the-picks/

Comment

Working...
                          X