Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    I’d consider the trade down with Bucs/Falcons:

Top WR with mid round 1st
    Hurts with 37
    Near top OT with extra 2nd

Even if you swap the bottom two picks, that would be the minimum haul, likely a sweetener in the deal too. Three BIG needs, with elite to very good talent. I’m down.
    I am okay trading back if Simmons is off the board

Jaguars to 9 if they want Tua
    Bucs or Falcons if they truly want to move up

I just don't like the idea of passing on Simmons for more picks. That to me is Polamalu v 2.0

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

What’s the lowest you would be willing to trade down to?

For me, its 13. At 13 we should still be able to get Herbert or Thomas. At 14, probably not.

of course, I’d want next years #1 plus more to do it.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Falcons are too low for my liking.....id ask for their 2nd and 3rd or 4th and next years 1st going that low. Prefer to trade with a team that has multiple firsts or seconds to get those extra picks. Niners, Jags, Dolphins...of course they have to be willing to trade as well.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          What’s the lowest you would be willing to trade down to?

For me, its 13. At 13 we should still be able to get Herbert or Thomas. At 14, probably not.

of course, I’d want next years #1 plus more to do it.
          That all depends on the offer.
          My general rule for our #6......
          1) if our “All-Pro” prospect is there pick him
          2) trade downs must include multiple picks
          3) #11 or lower requires vital 2021 draft capital
          4) TT just text me. I’ll tell you the correct direction we should go.
          5) SIMMONS or die

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yeah, seen that comparison before, waaaaay off base IMHO.
            I think Hurts is a slightly more athletically gifted and arm talented version of Easton Stick. Hurts is much closer to Stick's level of arm talent than he is to Herbert's. Herbert actually is slightly more athletic than Wentz and has a stronger arm. That does not always tanslate into being a better QB in the NFL, but the physical tools are certainly there.

The more time that goes by, the more convinced I am that Herbert is the best of this year's draft eligible QBs. I still would not take him at #6 overall, but I would take him before Tagovailoa and Burrow.

It continues to amaze me how people are so high on Burrow, Tagovailoa, Hurts and Love, players with, in my view, some pretty major issues, and yet people want to rag on Herbert all day and night long. He may not be worthy of #6 overall, but Herbert is pretty darn gifted with ability.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I think Hurts is a slightly more athletically gifted and arm talented version of Easton Stick. Hurts is much closer to Stick's level of arm talent than he is to Herbert's. Herbert actually is slightly more athletic than Wentz and has a stronger arm. That does not always tanslate into being a better QB in the NFL, but the physical tools are certainly there.

The more time that goes by, the more convinced I am that Herbert is the best of this year's draft eligible QBs. I still would not take him at #6 overall, but I would take him before Tagovailoa and Burrow.

It continues to amaze me how people are so high on Burrow, Tagovailoa, Hurts and Love, players with, in my view, some pretty major issues, and yet people want to rag on Herbert all day and night long. He may not be worthy of #6 overall, but Herbert is pretty darn gifted with ability.
              I think Hurts is more than slightly better than Stick but it dont mean i want to use a first round pick on him. As much as you rag on this QB class, its still a better class than last years. I do think with some pine time behind Tyrod and coaching that Herbert can be fixed with his accuracy issues. Tua's fragile body cant be fixed and Love i think is most likely to bust. They are way over hyping him.

Burrow i think is going to be good but out of the gate he will probably struggle like many rookie QB's do that start year 1, so that wont be a surprise. Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs as a rookie and only completed 56%. Too bad he will end up a Bengal.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                Day One...
                • Mar 2019
                • Brentwood, 94513
                • Send PM

Let change the Simmons or Die chant to Simmons or OT.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

I'll take talent over numbers every time. If TT cannot find a terrific impact impact starter with 2020's #6, we need a new GM & scouting department.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                    Let change the Simmons or Die chant to Simmons or OT.
                    QB won't surprise me much but my favs are Brown, Simmons, Okudah, OT in that order.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                      I'll take talent over numbers every time. If TT cannot find a terrific impact impact starter with 2020's #6, we need a new GM & scouting department.
                      above all else - this!!

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                        Day One...
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Brentwood, 94513
                        • Send PM

Sonorajim, I wouldn't be shocked it Tua. He is a winner, consensus number one for a few years. So if he is there at 6 I can see it. I just see Simmons being a piece to put this defense over the top, now. Tua if healthy can also. But is he healthy? We don't know that's the rub. Simmons is a Beast day one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think Hurts is more than slightly better than Stick but it dont mean i want to use a first round pick on him. As much as you rag on this QB class, its still a better class than last years. I do think with some pine time behind Tyrod and coaching that Herbert can be fixed with his accuracy issues. Tua's fragile body cant be fixed and Love i think is most likely to bust. They are way over hyping him.

Burrow i think is going to be good but out of the gate he will probably struggle like many rookie QB's do that start year 1, so that wont be a surprise. Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs as a rookie and only completed 56%. Too bad he will end up a Bengal.
                          I agree that this year's QB class is better than last year's, which was on the weak side of QB draft classes.

I do not think anyone wants Hurts at #6 overall. I was responding to some people preferring Hurts at #37 to Herbert at #6. I would much rather have a player with value that I can actually use even if I have to overpay somewhat for him versus paying a high value (albeit not the highest draft value) for a player that would likely have very limited use at best (a career backup). I do not see Hurts on his best day as being a significant upgrade over Taylor. IMO, he would likely be Taylor's backup indefinitely.

I think Herbert's "accuracy issues" are wildly overstated and that he will at least have average accuracy for an NFL starting QB to go along with plus abilities in most of the other areas.

I completely agree with your takes on Tagovailoa and Love.

Comment

Working...
                          X