Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

The kid from FIU, J. Morgan, in rounds 3-5. We’ve had multiple meetings with him.
    He looked good at the combine...if there is a late round gem at QB, I think he could be it. May seem like I'm plucking low hanging fruit, beings he is from Green Bay, but he would be a good fit there...he needs time, and Rodgers has plenty left in the tank.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by boltfanseattle View Post
      If tua drops to 6, and Giants take an OT, we have the choice between:

Tua and Simmons

Who do you take???
      Simmons

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Tua and Simmons

Who do you take???
        Asked and answered. Simmons everytime.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Send PM

Taking Tua or Herbert at #6 seems sensible...but if either one of those guys is there, and we take Simmons? I'll have a new found respect for TT...takes balls and vision to go against the grain.

The whole Tom Brady thing seemed like such a sell out thing to do, and hopefully was fueled by ownership more than staff and coach. Understandable, going into the new stadium, trying to rebrand the Chargers...but I would have hated it.

If they go QB at #6, it might be the right move...but we won't really know for sure if they are all in on the guy, or just think it's the best chance to fill that need. Take Simmons with a QB on the board? That tells me they got a plan, their plan, and they are sticking to it. That I can respect, whatever the outcome.

Edit: It also tells me they aren't sure about Tua/Herbert...and got the stones to say no.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Taking Tua or Herbert at #6 seems sensible...but if either one of those guys is there, and we take Simmons? I'll have a new found respect for TT...takes balls and vision to go against the grain.

The whole Tom Brady thing seemed like such a sell out thing to do, and hopefully was fueled by ownership more than staff and coach. Understandable, going into the new stadium, trying to rebrand the Chargers...but I would have hated it.

If they go QB at #6, it might be the right move...but we won't really know for sure if they are all in on the guy, or just think it's the best chance to fill that need. Take Simmons with a QB on the board? That tells me they got a plan, their plan, and they are sticking to it. That I can respect, whatever the outcome.

Edit: It also tells me they aren't sure about Tua/Herbert...and got the stones to say no.
            Exactly. If they pass on one or both of the QBs for Simmons - it tells me they have a plan and didn't value the QB position to warrant the pick at 6. Granted, if you hit on QB - even if he is the 15th ranked player on your board and you take him 6 and he works, thats fine. But the Rams went for Goff, now paying Goff - he doesn't look "special"

Dak was later rounds; Russell Wilson - you can find good players. Just have to find the right person/player!.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Anybody else read that blurb on rotoworld a few days ago, where a "GM friend" of TT's said that Lynn was bullish on Tyrod, and Telesco actually liked Justin Herbert a lot? I'll bet if you opened the windows in TT's office, I'll bet the smoke would just come rolling out...like a set piece in a Cheech and Chong movie...

I'll bet Telesco has all the other GM's numbers in his phone programmed with Fleetwood Macs "Little Lies" as the ringtone....

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                Anybody else read that blurb on rotoworld a few days ago, where a "GM friend" of TT's said that Lynn was bullish on Tyrod, and Telesco actually liked Justin Herbert a lot? I'll bet if you opened the windows in TT's office, I'll bet the smoke would just come rolling out...like a set piece in a Cheech and Chong movie...

I'll bet Telesco has all the other GM's numbers in his phone programmed with Fleetwood Macs "Little Lies" as the ringtone....
                Let the trade downs begin....if Simmons is gone.

I wonder though,. .since they are drafting from home and the HCs and other staff won't be with them in the same room (I assume) if trading with other teams will be very minimul this year particularly in the first round.

Puzzles me when I think about how they are going about this

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Let the trade downs begin....if Simmons is gone.

I wonder though,. .since they are drafting from home and the HCs and other staff won't be with them in the same room (I assume) if trading with other teams will be very minimul this year particularly in the first round.

Puzzles me when I think about how they are going about this
                  I think there will be more trading. With the limited facetime, private workouts, etc some teams will be looking to get guys they have few ? about.
                  Hopefully, we can be recipients of more draft capital with a couple of smart trade downs.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

I think the draft at top could be all about QBs, Defense & WRs. The offensive lineman might drop a little. In part because so many teams and the offensive schemes get ball out quick or they play a lot of pass snaps from shotgun.

I would not be surprised to see in top 10

3 QBs Burrow, Tua, Herbert
                    2 WRs Jeudy, Lamb
                    2 DL Young, Brown
                    1 LB, Simmons
                    1 CB, Okudah
                    1 OL, ??????? And if a 2nd is taken then one of the above dropped out of top 10. Or perhaps Love is taken for a 4th QB in top 10. And there are no offense line taken in top 10.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Tua and Simmons or Thomas/Wills/Becton

Who do you take???
                      Thomas/Wills/Becton

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        I think the draft at top could be all about QBs, Defense & WRs. The offensive lineman might drop a little. In part because so many teams and the offensive schemes get ball out quick or they play a lot of pass snaps from shotgun.

2 WRs Jeudy, Lamb
                        2 DL Young, Brown
                        1 LB, Simmons
                        1 CB, Okudah
                        1 OL, ??????? And if a 2nd is taken then one of the above dropped out of top 10. Or perhaps Love is taken for a 4th QB in top 10. And there are no offense line taken in top 10.

Kinlaw, a #2 EDGE prospect; Chaisson for me, and not only 2 but 3 OT/OL prospects are top 10 possibilities.
                        Love the draft and how different teams have different evaluations.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

2 WRs Jeudy, Lamb
                          2 DL Young, Brown
                          1 LB, Simmons
                          1 CB, Okudah

personally would take both 'Bama guys outta there, Herbert, perhaps/prolly Brown, and add @least 3 of the 4 OLs.... one of 'em is likely to bust, just not sure which one it is (well almost not sure

(no Love in top ten either.... think he goes twentysomething)
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X