• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

This worries me
    im not claiming to know how good or bad JB will be as a pro, but competing against so many teams to move up is the kind of risk that can deplete our resources indefinitely if we “win” the trade
    the upside is a future HOF quality qb on said depleted roster
    Gracias but No gracias
    According to the Draft Trade Value Chart, the Bengals' #1 pick is worth 3,000 points. The Bolts' #6 pick is worth 1,600 points, leaving a shortfall of 1,400 points. This could be made up by trading next year's Bolt pick, currently valued at half of #6 overall, or 800 points, PLUS this year's #37 at 530 points, which takes us very close to 3,000. Of course, if there's a bidding war, and/or Cinci plays hardball, some teams could ring up the cash register and cough up more, sometimes much more. Agree, I hope the Bolts stay out of this. We have too many holes to fill. I would actually be open to a trade down from #6 to up to #10-12 or so...if we could get an extra 2nd rounder, that would be sweet...

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
      I don't think there's any way they give up Burrow, but you have to make the call to see what they want. If I'm them, I ask for 2 1sts, 2 2nds, Mike Williams, M. Ingram, Sproles, Rodney Harrison, Gary "Big Hands" Johnson, Ron Mix, the San Diego Chicken, the cannon & a box of those Charger Power shirts... The yellow ones....

& I would still toss & turn every night until draft day debating on pulling the trigger. I think the kid could be that good.
      I agree, but anything could happen...... maybe bengals fell in love with Hebert who has rocket arm..... which is needed in swirling winds of 3 rivers stadium....... and getting extra picks and players would be a great bonus..... having Burrow selling out tickets in LA would make NFL happy...... bengals have a bad organization that do not usually understand the difference between good and great.....

Burrow had thew greatest season of any QB in college football history...period...... and he did it against the best defenses in college football.... he is the real deal..... period and will be great competition for KC for many years.....

of course every team would love to have him so the price will be high and the eventual winner will surprise everyone...:

Chargers
      CIN
      MIA
      NE
      PIT
      Indy
      TB
      OAK
      NO
      DET
      CHI
      DEN (apparently)
      and Burrow is better than starter on many other teams.......

When there is a once in a decade type of cant miss QB, you have to go for it.....

and like I said before, if you build an OL but have no QB, you will NEVER have a great team or win championships.......

KC beat SF because KC had a great QB and SF had a good QB...... a HUGE difference......

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

This worries me
        im not claiming to know how good or bad JB will be as a pro, but competing against so many teams to move up is the kind of risk that can deplete our resources indefinitely if we “win” the trade
        the upside is a future HOF quality qb on said depleted roster
        Gracias but No gracias
        great future HOF QB's are worth many picks/players...... Once you have a great QB, then your GM will know what kind of players to build around him...... otherwise its a waste......

When you pass on a great opportunity to acquire a true elite franchisee QB, you will regret it and be horrible or mediocre for many years, like chargers did when we blew the deal for Elway......

Is an OT going to complete passes for an inaccurate QB??????

Right now the Chargers have the greatest need for a QB and are as close to picking at number one as we will do for several years, so we have to take advantage of this opportunity and sell the farm, using picks and players to get Burrow...... and in addition keep him from being a bronco, raider, steeler, or patriot.......

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

great future HOF QB's are worth many picks/players...... Once you have a great QB, then your GM will know what kind of players to build around him...... otherwise its a waste......

When you pass on a great opportunity to acquire a true elite franchisee QB, you will regret it and be horrible or mediocre for many years, like chargers did when we blew the deal for Elway......

Is an OT going to complete passes for an inaccurate QB??????

Right now the Chargers have the greatest need for a QB and are as close to picking at number one as we will do for several years, so we have to take advantage of this opportunity and sell the farm, using picks and players to get Burrow...... and in addition keep him from being a bronco, raider, steeler, or patriot.......
          again
          you’ve stumped me
          not in a good way
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

again
            you’ve stumped me
            not in a good way
            I think he's trying to say that an inaccurate QB will still be an inaccurate QB no matter how much time he was given by a great OL. I agree to a point.

i also agree that Burrow is special. Never thought it was even a glimmer of hope to grab him. But if there is, make that call & put all the cards on the table.
            ​​​​​​
            Cinncy is probably run worse than the Chargers. But not by much. This may be a chance for ol Deanie boy to save face a little bit.
            ​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
              A mock draft has us drafting Tua QB in First and TE in Second. If Chargers can Part with Rivers and Henry who still have gas in tank. They can certainly part with Bosa.

But think about how this looks to other Players. Yes Rivers is long in Tooth, HH has earned new contract, Bosa should be a Franchise Player.

Think about this, Chargers are willing to take a risk on New QB and TE and Possible get rid of best Defensive Player. Not sure but if I was a Charger player, I’d be looking to move to a team who does not shot them selves in both feet, After getting Kicked in the nuts.
              Would it look like the FO went and got a new franchise QB to set the team up for success for the next 15 yrs?
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Carr has more talent than any QB Gruden's ever had.. Gannon had the one good season and Johnson rode a #1 defense to a SB.

Gruden is the king of scrub QB signings. I hope he signs Cam as well.
                Gannon had a few good seasons at Oakland - should have lead Oakland to 3 AFC championship games if the officials correctly applied the tuck rule.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Giving up a fortune to draft Burrows would be a huge mistake.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Bucky Brooks positively nailed it this morning in a piece at NFL.com.

The post season awards went to Lamar (unanimous MVP), Kyler (OROY) & Patrick (SB MVP).

This puts the cherry on top of the coming of the era of playmaker QBs over fundamentally sound pocket passers.

Dlineman are becoming more athletic, Olinemen are getting progressively worse, and in a case of "trickle up" very young QBs are bringing new skill sets.

Some weaknesses are being brushed aside, such as accuracy, as NFL scouts and GMs are looking for QBs that can move.

It's coming. Stop being stuck in the '70s. Mobile QBs. WingBacks (RB/WRs). DBs/LBs who can cover.

Say goodbye to your "maulers" and "roadgraders." They are irrelevant in modern NFL football. And learn what James Campen is all about before mocking particular Olinemen to LAC.

:coffee:

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Bucky Brooks positively nailed it this morning in a piece at NFL.com.

The post season awards went to Lamar (unanimous MVP), Kyler (OROY) & Patrick (SB MVP).

This puts the cherry on top of the coming of the era of playmaker QBs over fundamentally sound pocket passers.

Dlineman are becoming more athletic, Olinemen are getting progressively worse, and in a case of "trickle up" very young QBs are bringing new skill sets.

Some weaknesses are being brushed aside, such as accuracy, as NFL scouts and GMs are looking for QBs that can move.

It's coming. Stop being stuck in the '70s. Mobile QBs. WingBacks (RB/WRs). DBs/LBs who can cover.

Say goodbye to your "maulers" and "roadgraders." They are irrelevant in modern NFL football. And learn what James Campen is all about before mocking particular Olinemen to LAC.

:coffee:
                      And what is Campen all about???......do tell..........

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                        Giving up a fortune to draft Burrows would be a huge mistake.
                        I see it both ways. I said on here earlier that we don't HAVE TO draft a QB in the 1st. 2 ways this will work. 1) Bring in Bridgewater or even Mariota & possibly an OL via FA, then draft more OL. 2). Bring in OL via FA & draft.1 at #6, then go after Hurts in the 2nd. Is that going to win us a Super Bowl? Maybe. Maybe not
                        But
                        Burrow is a different animal, in my opinion. He carved threw the toughest conference in college football like a chainsaw through butter. Then hung 42 on the best D. Coordinator in football. If there is a smidgen of a chance, take your shot. I would take it on the chin for another year or 2 until we make up for those lost pics to get him. I was discussing on here earlier how we don't want the kid to be beaten alive like David Carr. The difference is Burrow isn't a statue. He can move. Sure if he gets hurt then the Monday morning QBs will say, "SEE! I TOLD YOU SO!!"
                        But you could get killed on the way to cash in your winning lottery ticket. Get in the damn car.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I see it both ways. I said on here earlier that we don't HAVE TO draft a QB in the 1st. 2 ways this will work. 1) Bring in Bridgewater or even Mariota & possibly an OL via FA, then draft more OL. 2). Bring in OL via FA & draft.1 at #6, then go after Hurts in the 2nd. Is that going to win us a Super Bowl? Maybe. Maybe not
                          But
                          Burrow is a different animal, in my opinion. He carved threw the toughest conference in college football like a chainsaw through butter. Then hung 42 on the best D. Coordinator in football. If there is a smidgen of a chance, take your shot. I would take it on the chin for another year or 2 until we make up for those lost pics to get him. I was discussing on here earlier how we don't want the kid to be beaten alive like David Carr. The difference is Burrow isn't a statue. He can move. Sure if he gets hurt then the Monday morning QBs will say, "SEE! I TOLD YOU SO!!"
                          But you could get killed on the way to cash in your winning lottery ticket. Get in the damn car.
                          I don't see Mariota and Hurts doing a thing for us.

Comment

Working...
                          X