• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Geez Jordan Love 5th overall? I brought him up as a 2nd or 3rd round guy. What is it they see that our board draft geniuses dont see? Maybe its upside? Potential? Crazy to see him this high. Looks like i hit it on the nail. I stated he would be one of those guys that rockets up boards based on athleticism and potential. But already? Curious to see what his pro day entails. I think scouts like his potential.

​​​​​​https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ua-tagovailoa/
    I like Jordan Love! I posted a video of an analyst breaking down his game about a month ago on another thread. I watched his BYU (2018) game, his Mich St (2018) game, and his Wake Forrest (2019) game. He's impressive. Had an OC change in 2019. In 2018, he threw a lot of quick hitters, slants, and RB in the flat. In 2019, he went more vertical. Various schemes, various throws.

1st round seems like a stretch. Chan Gailey will be MIA OC next year. So I think he fits what Gailey likes to do. MIA has 3 1st rounders in 2020. They also have a lot of needs. Maybe they take Love with the 18th pick? Maybe the 25th?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

With how deep the WR class is id love a guy like Reagor to drop to the 3rd. Didnt have a huge year. Hope that drops him some. Get a discount on a player who would have had huge numbers on a better offense.

This kid is crazy good on punt returns as well. Slot. Outside. PR. Really looking at this round for a WR or RB.
      Me likey BIG TIME...not a stretch to take him in the third, we are picking high...I would also consider trading up a bit, maybe use our comp pick(4th?) to snag him. Perfect addition to our WR corps.
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        We got Woody....we got Nutty...can we call Topcat Kitty? I will....next time he modifies a quote and says "fixed it for 'ya (you)!"
        There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

With how deep the WR class is id love a guy like Reagor to drop to the 3rd. Didnt have a huge year. Hope that drops him some. Get a discount on a player who would have had huge numbers on a better offense.

This kid is crazy good on punt returns as well. Slot. Outside. PR. Really looking at this round for a WR or RB.
          Hope his hands are better than Butterfingers Benji...

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            We got Woody....we got Nutty...can we call Topcat Kitty? I will....next time he modifies a quote and says "fixed it for you!"
            Topcat wants to clean house. He has more important things to do than quibble about semantics.

Please defecate outside, not inside.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Hope his hands are better than Butterfingers Benji...
              I think its funny so many fans on twitter want to replace Benjamin with Robby Anderson. Who wants 10M a year. Why must we desire the same mistakes every year? Telesco will probably draft our 3rd #1 WR. Im not quite sure also why fans want to grab a Lamb or Jeudy? We cant cant even fill up our current stars stat sheets.

3rd or 4th for a WR and RB. Focus on trenches. Or get a full time D player at 6.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Oregon RT Calvin Throckmorton

Oregon QB Justin Herbert

Wisconsin C Tyler Biadasz

Rose Bowl

Does everyone see Center Tyler Biadasz as 4th Rounder? Building consensus for a 4th Round Charger draft cluster.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I like Jordan Love! I posted a video of an analyst breaking down his game about a month ago on another thread. I watched his BYU (2018) game, his Mich St (2018) game, and his Wake Forrest (2019) game. He's impressive. Had an OC change in 2019. In 2018, he threw a lot of quick hitters, slants, and RB in the flat. In 2019, he went more vertical. Various schemes, various throws.

1st round seems like a stretch. Chan Gailey will be MIA OC next year. So I think he fits what Gailey likes to do. MIA has 3 1st rounders in 2020. They also have a lot of needs. Maybe they take Love with the 18th pick? Maybe the 25th?
                  Me too, amigo. I like Jordan Love as well. At #6 to Miami? No comment.

That said, Jordan Love's deep ball touch is something to behold. I was watching Love's Wyoming and Air Force games, a brilliant TD throw on a deep out. He's tall, he has quiet feet in the pocket, good awareness, and strong enough to spin out of pressure, re-set and throw, or pull the ball down and run effectively. I see a 100% throw-first attitude from Jordan Love. Love that.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

I think its funny so many fans on twitter want to replace Benjamin with Robby Anderson. Who wants 10M a year. Why must we desire the same mistakes every year? Telesco will probably draft our 3rd #1 WR. Im not quite sure also why fans want to grab a Lamb or Jeudy? We cant cant even fill up our current stars stat sheets.

3rd or 4th for a WR and RB. Focus on trenches. Or get a full time D player at 6.
                    Jeudy or Lamb would be WR#1.
                    There would be matchup issues.
                    Whatevs.
                    'Specially after TT's epic presser,
                    This fan is pivoting in your direction.
                    v3 soon.
                    And there will be a v4.
                    Deal with it.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Oregon RT Calvin Throckmorton

Oregon QB Justin Herbert

Wisconsin C Tyler Biadasz

Rose Bowl

Does everyone see Center Tyler Biadasz as 4th Rounder? Building consensus for a 4th Round Charger draft cluster.
                      Anything is possible...but right now I think he could go as high as the late first round...but probably second, and gone in the third for sure...but that is by pundit lists...who knows. Team needs, blocking schemes, etc can slip centers down the board on draft day sometimes.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

I like your thinking...but one possibility? They say fuck it, and go all in the next 2 years with Rivers. If you like some of our lineman, and can add a couple in FA...you put a vet line in front of Rivers...then you might see them adding a dynamic WR early, and Gordon is likely gone, so RB is also possible first 3 rounds.

Stars? Williams is solid, and has his uses, but he has yet to be a star. KA isn't getting any younger...if not for Pattons(#3 wr) drops, we might have been right in that KC game. We do need another WR. Love to see Henry get 16 games in next year, but...

I like the kid out of TCU in the top of the third...but who knows what TT/Lynn are thinking. Might see a Lamb or Jeudy picked in the first.... I'll groan...but if we did address the oline in FA, I could live with it.

CB, NT, RT, Guard, WR, RB...some will get addressed FA, some early in the draft...but one or more positions? We are gonna have to decide to go forward with what we have. Just hope they pick it right, and it works this year, the way it didn't with the oline last year.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

we need speed. Our offense moves like a plowhorse

Comment

Working...
                          X