• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Folks...I have been neglecting checking on film for Jacob Eason...kinda blew it off. He has been a consensus 2nd rounder thus far, so whats the big deal, right?

Tonight I watched 1 highlight video, and 4 abbreviated games, complete with his mistakes, and this guy might have the most talented arm in the draft. Laser slants, deep throws, touch throws...and I mean dropping it in the bucket over the DBs shoulder...not to mention several beautiful throws flat out dropped by his receivers. He looks off safetys, goes thru progressions, and is mobile enough to escape the pocket..I'm stunned he is not higher on most boards, and predict before it is all said and done, he might go as high as the top half of the first round.

Sure, you get to see him make some errant throws and bad decisions...some turnovers too...but he also made a ton of pressure throws and third down conversions...recommend anyone to check out the youtube abbreviated games on him...surprising stuff...heard rumors that he didn't master the playbook, which raised questions about his work ethic? In the games I saw, he looked anything but lost.

Honestly...just by eye test alone? And I have watched about 3-4 abbreviated games for both...I put this guy above Herbert, easy. Something to think about.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      Folks...I have been neglecting checking on film for Jacob Eason...kinda blew it off. He has been a consensus 2nd rounder thus far, so whats the big deal, right?

Tonight I watched 1 highlight video, and 4 abbreviated games, complete with his mistakes, and this guy might have the most talented arm in the draft. Laser slants, deep throws, touch throws...and I mean dropping it in the bucket over the DBs shoulder...not to mention several beautiful throws flat out dropped by his receivers. He looks off safetys, goes thru progressions, and is mobile enough to escape the pocket..I'm stunned he is not higher on most boards, and predict before it is all said and done, he might go as high as the top half of the first round.

Sure, you get to see him make some errant throws and bad decisions...some turnovers too...but he also made a ton of pressure throws and third down conversions...recommend anyone to check out the youtube abbreviated games on him...surprising stuff...heard rumors that he didn't master the playbook, which raised questions about his work ethic? In the games I saw, he looked anything but lost.

Honestly...just by eye test alone? And I have watched about 3-4 abbreviated games for both...I put this guy above Herbert, easy. Something to think about.
      But the name “Eason” translates as either the son of Adam, or another meaning “Protector” or “Great One.” While the latter seems promising (yet ironic as there is no protection around the QB position), it does not fit the nature theme (Leaf, Brees, Rivers, Stick, etc). I just don’t see this working out.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

thats kinda what I got.I admit I dont watch near enough college ball to spout wisdom n such but if I was gonna take a chance on a QB this draft with Borrow n Tua probably gone I would grab Eason in the 2nd and not be to pissed about it.If our coaching staff arent a bunch of imbeciles maybe just maybe they can coach this kid up to be a pro.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

thats kinda what I got.I admit I dont watch near enough college ball to spout wisdom n such but if I was gonna take a chance on a QB this draft with Borrow n Tua probably gone I would grab Eason in the 2nd and not be to pissed about it.If our coaching staff arent a bunch of imbeciles maybe just maybe they can coach this kid up to be a pro.
          I am guessing he won't be there at 37, so if we want a QB and don't take one at 6, I'm thinking we'll have to trade up to get him.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

2) MEKHI BECTON (OT) UL 6’ 7” 345#
            - Massive human with incredibly nimble feet. Mekhi has a quality kick step that covers ground, HUGE wingspan & length, insane POWER in both lower & upper body, hand strikes produce major impact/can completely change a defender’s path/balance, vice like power in his grip strength, FINISHER, down & drive blocking uproot defenders, good mover to the 2nd level/hook blocks/reach blocks, adequate pulling ability. Improvement areas include stunt reco/passoff, field orientation in space on some screens, inside spin counters. Mekhi has improved each year at UL with major improvements in technique, weight, flexibility, balance, and footwork. His ceiling is elite with continued technique improvement.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• alex8080
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

you won't get eason nor love in the 2nd. i don't speculate on hypothetical trade downs, so it's qb at #6 or not

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

2) MEKHI BECTON (OT) UL 6’ 7” 345#
                - Massive human with incredibly nimble feet. Mekhi has a quality kick step that covers ground, HUGE wingspan & length, insane POWER in both lower & upper body, hand strikes produce major impact/can completely change a defender’s path/balance, vice like power in his grip strength, FINISHER, down & drive blocking uproot defenders, good mover to the 2nd level/hook blocks/reach blocks, adequate pulling ability. Improvement areas include stunt reco/passoff, field orientation in space on some screens, inside spin counters. Mekhi has improved each year at UL with major improvements in technique, weight, flexibility, balance, and footwork. His ceiling is elite with continued technique improvement.
                Congratulations on noticing some player other than a QB.

This guy is still a 20 yr. old kid! He was 360 last year so he's shown he's willing to lose some weight to improve.
                Worth keeping an eye on.:shock:
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Man the thought of Rivers standing behind a behemoth like that.Oh the trophies we would have.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Congratulations on noticing some player other than a QB.

This guy is still a 20 yr. old kid! He was 360 last year so he's shown he's willing to lose some weight to improve.
                    Worth keeping an eye on.:shock:
                    Me and QB mentions or was that in general?

Yes, Mekhi’s body composition has really changed since his freshmen year. With a S&C coach like Lott, he could become an incredibly powerful kodiak with a dancer’s feet, long arms, huge wingspan, and a Finisher’s mindset.
                    Last edited by like54ninjas; 01-10-2020, 08:29 PM.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

There is a huge huge drop off after Burrow and Tua........

Herbert is not great, except on paper......

Will Brinson is joined by Brady Quinn and Ryan Wilson on the Pick Six podcast to break down Justin Herbert's struggles at Oregon and which top prospects to k...

Eason looks better than Herbert, so why are none of the so called experts putting him in first round above Herbert? And why did he leave Georgia for Washington??

I surely dont want chargers to skip QB at 6 and waste a 2nd rounder on Love or hurts who both suck bad like our 3 backup QB's did last year.....
                      Last edited by Charge!; 01-10-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Classic
                        Hall Of Fame
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

There is a huge huge drop off after Burrow and Tua........

Herbert is not great, except on paper......

Will Brinson is joined by Brady Quinn and Ryan Wilson on the Pick Six podcast to break down Justin Herbert's struggles at Oregon and which top prospects to k...

Eason looks better than Herbert, so why are none of the so called experts putting him in first round above Herbert? And why did he leave Georgia for Washington??

I surely dont want chargers to skip QB at 6 and waste a 2nd rounder on Love or hurts who both suck bad like our 3 backup QB's did last year.....
                        If I remember correctly Eason left Georgia because Fromm won the job. Eason had suffered a injury his 1st year there before sitting out last year so he could transfer.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

If I remember correctly Eason left Georgia because Fromm won the job. Eason had suffered a injury his 1st year there before sitting out last year so he could transfer.
                          This is mostly correct...wasn't able to win back the job, because Fromm came in and played really well...

Very impressed with the arm talent, but definitely a guy you would want to sit a year or two behind, say, Rivers?
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X