• Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

1. Cincy = JB
    2. Redskins move on from Trent Williams. They've been patient and I suspect they hoped TW would come back. They have to protect their young QB if they want him to develop.
    3. Lions have to take Chase Young. They're missing a pass rusher.
    4. This move will be controversial as this is a PON move. Giants nab Tristan Wirfs here. RT Mike Remmers is a FA and, quite frankly, is not the guy you want protecting your young QB. In the end, they may trade back if another team wants to move ahead of MIA for QB Tua. But the smart move would be to draft a guy that would make both of your young stars (Jones and Barkley) better. And I'm not so sure another team is going to give up the amount of draft capital necessary to move up to #4 to draft Tua (injury concerns).
    5. Miami takes Tua.

IMO, Espenesa doesn't have the sudden explosition/acceleration that you need from a pass rusher in the top-10 picks (unlike Young). Okudah is top-10 worthy but CB's aren't the premium position that a QB/OT/pass rusher is. And the CB position is deep this year. Any of those top-5 teams can still get a very good CB in the early 2nd round.

I rarely predict any of the top-5 picks correctly, so it will probably go differently. But this is what I would do if I were these respective teams' GM... based on my philosophy of drafting.
    Solid takes...the wild card, of course, is the Giants...if I was a NY fan, I would love for them to trade back...G-men can get some swag, and help their team out a lot by trading out...but the other big variable is the Skins. New coach and GM romance Trent Williams a bit, instead of sending him packing? Then they take Young, and the Giants have to take Thomas...so what do the Lions do?

I think they too could use a trade back, and still nab Espenesa later...

If Tua comes out, and looks good in the medical, the first 6 picks are gonna be very interesting. Almost guarantee a trade...if we are involved, I just hope it's us moving back, not up.

One constant narrative in TTs presser was he needed to do a better job of getting Lynn the pieces he needs to win...that tells me we aren't going to be as conservative this off season, as in the past. I also don't think we will be going QB first, especially if it would require a trade up, which it most certainly would. Rookie QB isn't likely to save TT and Lynn...and trading up uses up picks they need now, for this team. Just my gut analysis..

In the end, this is all a lot of impatient speculation by us fans, who want the offseason to get kicked off already...lol. We just don't have enough information for any real predictions. Rivers return/exit is key to understanding our overall strategy...FA signings will also dictate, obviously, what positions we will target in the draft.
    Last edited by Lone Bolt; 01-03-2020, 07:00 AM.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Getting Lynn the pieces he needs to win,
      IMV translates to there being certain player types, with certain skills, at certain positions...ie PON over BPA.

Nutty rarely gets the top five correct, he says...trades, more than one, for QBs could easily be in the cards 1-5.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Getting Lynn the pieces he needs to win,
        IMV translates to there being certain player types, with certain skills, at certain positions...ie PON over BPA.

Nutty rarely gets the top five correct, he says...trades, more than one, for QBs could easily be in the cards 1-5.
        Wood, do u mean trade as in trade down with a team wanting a QB?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wood, do u mean trade as in trade down with a team wanting a QB?
          Trades. Not involving LAC. Right after Burrow. 1-5 as stated. Actually 2-5.

Of course the trade down mock,
          the one that gets us extra picks,
          always wins the mock derby.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Trades. Not involving LAC. Right after Burrow. 1-5 as stated. Actually 2-5.

Of course the trade down mock,
            the one that gets us extra picks,
            always wins the mock derby.
            Okay, yes, I'm thinking there will be a lot of QB-hungry teams trading up to 2-5 for Tua and/or Herbert...the feeding frenzy will likely happen...another poster speculated TT may trade UP to #4 just to snag Herbert before someone else does...

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Okay, yes, I'm thinking there will be a lot of QB-hungry teams trading up to 2-5 for Tua and/or Herbert...the feeding frenzy will likely happen...another poster speculated TT may trade UP to #4 just to snag Herbert before someone else does...
              If we keep trading down to stockpile picks and do it correctly we could have the entire 7th round all to ourselves. How cool would that be?

Sometimes you just have to nut up and use the pick you have to get the best player available at your pick.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Ron Rivera will likely go defense (Young or Brown)
                Here’s my shocker...
                Lions go Herbert
                Herbert will blow away the combine and Patricia buys time with a rookie QB
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

If we keep trading down to stockpile picks and do it correctly we could have the entire 7th round all to ourselves. How cool would that be?

Sometimes you just have to nut up and use the pick you have to get the best player available at your pick.
                  It used to drive me nuts the way Bobby Beathard would trade down like that...on the other hand, if a team offered us their #10 overall and this year's high 2nd rounder, I might be tempted...
                  Last edited by Topcat; 01-03-2020, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Ron Rivera will likely go defense (Young or Brown)
                    Here’s my shocker...
                    Lions go Herbert
                    Herbert will blow away the combine and Patricia buys time with a rookie QB
                    This would not surprise me, especially if Tua stays for his senior year. In that case, after Burrow to the Bungles, it could be a feeding frenzy for Herbert in picks 2-6. QB's are always at a premium in the draft.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

It used to drive me nuts the way Bobby Beathard would trade down like that...on the other hand, if a team offered us their #10 overall and this year's high 2nd rounder, I might be tempted...
                      We've all wondered just what it was that drove you nuts - now we know :More Q Please:
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

We've all wondered just what it was that drove you nuts - now we know :More Q Please:
                        Thanks, Roo...and a Happy New Year to you, too!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

We got Woody....we got Nutty...can we call Topcat Kitty? I will....next time he modifies a quote and says "fixed it for you!"
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X