• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PR#1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Lawrence's TD to pick ratio is actually not too bad...
    Folks need to keep in mind that Lawrence is only a sophomore and has an upside to the moon.

Burrow is a 5th year senior that you will never hear from again after he is drafted by the bengals.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Folks need to keep in mind that Lawrence is only a sophomore and has an upside to the moon.

Burrow is a 5th year senior that you will never hear from again after he is drafted by the bengals.

This is as ridiculous a statement as saying Lawrence is a horrible passer...they are both elite prospects....one ultra talented, another a proven and polished winner against the best teams in the country this year...too bad we couldn't settle this with a little head to head competition....

Oh wait....:whistlin:
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• PR#1
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

This is as ridiculous a statement as saying Lawrence is a horrible passer...they are both elite prospects....one ultra talented, another a proven and polished winner against the best teams in the country this year...too bad we couldn't settle this with a little head to head competition....
        Touche. Let's all watch the game Monday night.

And I have a question for the burrow lovers on this board.

How many years will it take for burrow to lead cincy to the playoffs ?

1, 2, 3, or 4 ? Maybe never ?

Please come on record with your predictions.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I have Clemson with points
          over
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Marvin Lewis never won a playoff game there. He was a yes man to a bad owner.

Whether it is Burrow ,Tua or whoever you want to name at QB. . ...the same question stands. They need more than just a QB.

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Mike Brown will probably win a Super Bowl before Dean Spanos. I'm not so sure Cincinnati doesn't have a brighter future. They seem to have alot of talent coming next year at OL(Jonah and whomever they get in 2nd to boost that line.)

Burrow won't be dominating from the beginning but I like him alot to think he'll turn Cincinnati around. All that said I still like Lawrence more.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                [/B][/SIZE]

Oh wait....:whistlin:
                I'm not sure both are elite prospects....... Burrow is a pure pocket passing super accurate QB with great mobility........ looks pro ready now.......like a cant miss....or as pro ready as one can get..... even P. Manning struggled his rookie year, though he was on a bad team......

Lawrence is a big, strong running QB with a rocket arm but in the recent playoff game he looked like he lacks touch and did not have great passing accuracy...... but he is a gamer and a winner............ he won by running the ball like a big power RB with speed.......... but he won't survive very long in NFL running that way....... his highlight videos show a lot of great throws, but my guess is he is like the Oregon QB, there are alot of off-target throws that no one is going to show off in highlight videos..... he is impressive as a player anyone would want to play with ....he has never lost a game in college so far, that does mean something..... maybe that bowl/playoff game was just a bad game for him passing the ball? I have not seen his other games.... only highlights..... a friend of mine coaches college football and loves Lawrence and Burrow..... he does not like any of the other QB's this year.......

It will be interesting to see what happens tonight....... regardless of which team wins, since it is a team game, which QB will actually pass the ball better/more accurately(which is the primary reason for selecting a QB).......

Even if Lawrence turns out to be as great as Burrow or even better?...... if Chargers cannot move from #6 to #1, to take Burrow, or up to #2 to grab Tua, we have zero chance of acquiring the #1 pick next year to get Lawrence....... since we will be drafting in late teens or 20's.....

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

That is always a great question....... bad teams/bad coaches/bad organizations can ruin even a great QB......... look how much better Brees has been with payton in NO than he was in SD???? Great coaches design a system to take advantage of what their QB and other personell can succeed at...... not like chargers coaches forcing QB and other square pegs into round holes.......

Im guessing Rivers might have won a SB or 2 if he had been a Giant, patriot, chief, donkey, PIT, etc..... vs being in SD with such horrible coaches and ownership..... would mahomes have thrown 50 TD's for Chargers???...... i think not.....

Im not sure what the CIN coach will do with Burrow...... sadly might end up wasting his career.....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I'm not sure both are elite prospects....... Burrow is a pure pocket passing super accurate QB with great mobility........ looks pro ready now.......like a cant miss....or as pro ready as one can get..... even P. Manning struggled his rookie year, though he was on a bad team......

Lawrence is a big, strong running QB with a rocket arm but in the recent playoff game he looked like he lacks touch and did not have great passing accuracy...... but he is a gamer and a winner............ he won by running the ball like a big power RB with speed.......... but he won't survive very long in NFL running that way....... his highlight videos show a lot of great throws, but my guess is he is like the Oregon QB, there are alot of off-target throws that no one is going to show off in highlight videos..... he is impressive as a player anyone would want to play with ....he has never lost a game in college so far, that does mean something..... maybe that bowl/playoff game was just a bad game for him passing the ball? I have not seen his other games.... only highlights..... a friend of mine coaches college football and loves Lawrence and Burrow..... he does not like any of the other QB's this year.......

It will be interesting to see what happens tonight....... regardless of which team wins, since it is a team game, which QB will actually pass the ball better/more accurately(which is the primary reason for selecting a QB).......

Even if Lawrence turns out to be as great as Burrow or even better?...... if Chargers cannot move from #6 to #1, to take Burrow, or up to #2 to grab Tua, we have zero chance of acquiring the #1 pick next year to get Lawrence....... since we will be drafting in late teens or 20's.....
                    I ran out to grab some lunch and on radio ESPN dude had Boomer on discussing the great Burrow v Lawrence (pro prospect) question. He said its not a contest at all, not even close. Lawrence is head and shoulder the far better prospect of the two. He said he expects teams will all assign him higher grades when all is said and done.

take it for what its worth - one guy's opinion. (technically two - they agreed). I happen to agree with it as well, if I owned the team I'd tank the 2020 season to get Lawrence if I wouldn't get caught. But i'm also pretty stupid and I would definitely get caught, stripped of my #1 pick, and stuffed in the ass.

I would have no problem with Burrow as QB1.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

That is always a great question....... bad teams/bad coaches/bad organizations can ruin even a great QB......... look how much better Brees has been with payton in NO than he was in SD???? Great coaches design a system to take advantage of what their QB and other personell can succeed at...... not like chargers coaches forcing QB and other square pegs into round holes.......

Im guessing Rivers might have won a SB or 2 if he had been a Giant, patriot, chief, donkey, PIT, etc..... vs being in SD with such horrible coaches and ownership..... would mahomes have thrown 50 TD's for Chargers???...... i think not.....

Im not sure what the CIN coach will do with Burrow...... sadly might end up wasting his career.....
                      Once again, Drew Brees was a two-time pro bowler his final two years with the San Diego Chargers. He was already good and got better, like all quarterbacks, as he aged.
                      His arm strength improved for one thing after the surgery.

Archie Manning is one of the few qbs i can think of whose career was ruined by playing for a bad team. That's why he didn't want his son to follow the same fate. Is Burrow if really good, Cincy should be much improved.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Once again, Drew Brees was a two-time pro bowler his final two years with the San Diego Chargers. He was already good and got better, like all quarterbacks, as he aged.
                        His arm strength improved for one thing after the surgery.

Archie Manning is one of the few qbs i can think of whose career was ruined by playing for a bad team. That's why he didn't want his son to follow the same fate. Is Burrow if really good, Cincy should be much improved.
                        Brees was good, not great in SD, our we never would have drafted Rivers....... most people judge Brees based on his massive stats lines.... of yardage, TD's.... etc...... my point is he never would have achieved those massive totals playing outdoors in AFC, with horrible conservative chargers coaching and no OL.....etc..... Peyton is not about just winning games, the NO is dominating a bad team, that has no chance to catch up they keep pouring on the yardage and points......one year they were playing the winblewss colts without manning, and were up by around 40 by halftime.... they were still throwing the ball in 4th quarter till the scored over 60 points!..... which helped Brees beat marino's yardage record..... that would never have happened in SD...... with marty, turner, lynn, etc.....

Every coach Rivers has had has been happy once we have a lead and as long as game is close prefer to run even if not successful...... in NO, Payton loves to run up as high a score as possible ....he has brees throwing even with huge leads....... therefore in NO with that brilliant coach, Brees has racked up astonishing yardage nd point totals...... that he could never have done in SD.......or most places for that matter..... there are very few coaches who are not conservative......

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

so far both QB's are showing why they are highly regarded...... in college are the DB's allowed to hold the receivers?...... the clemson defenders are hanging all over the LSU receivers..... yet zero flags.....

Comment

Working...
                          X