• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Cool, so now he has two surgically repaired ankles and a hip in 1.75 college seasons.
    Tua is on a roll...I'd like to pick him, but with his injury history, it's just, ahem...TOO, UH...risky...

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Cool, so now he has two surgically repaired ankles and a hip in 1.75 college seasons.
      The only injury i'd be concerned about with Tua is the hip dislocation - and its obviously a major concern. He's expected to fully recover -
      we'll see. The two minor surgical procedures over the two high ankle sprains wouldn't get me worked up.

I wouldn't automatically right him off. If he drops, i'd think long & hard about passing on him.

Jame's lateral meniscus tear his sophomore year contributed to his dropping - that's a major injury.
      No one here wrote him off for that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The only injury i'd be concerned about with Tua is the hip dislocation - and its obviously a major concern. He's expected to fully recover -
        we'll see. The two minor surgical procedures over the two high ankle sprains wouldn't get me worked up.

I wouldn't automatically right him off. If he drops, i'd think long & hard about passing on him.

Jame's lateral meniscus tear his sophomore year contributed to his dropping - that's a major injury.
        No one here wrote him off for that.
        The fact he has had three surgeries in not even 2 full college seasons is alarming enough for me.

It don't get easier in the NFL with 16 games and preseason.

A meniscus tear isn't major for a young guy. That only catches up to you later in life as it contributes to your cartilage wearing down faster depending on how much they cut out.
        I've had one in each knee, .now....had both knees replaced last year.

​Guice had a meniscus tear repaired after week one and is back playing.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

The fact he has had three surgeries in not even 2 full college seasons is alarming enough for me.

It don't get easier in the NFL with 16 games and preseason.

A meniscus tear isn't major for a young guy. That only catches up to you later in life as it contributes to your cartilage wearing down faster depending on how much they cut out.
          I've had one in each knee, .now....had both knees replaced last year.

​Guice had a meniscus tear repaired after week one and is back playing.
          It is my understanding that guys occasionally come back from high ankle sprains.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

It is my understanding that guys occasionally come back from high ankle sprains.
            Lol, they do but i can't say i ever heard of someone getting surgery like that on one....especially both less than a year.

Just seems fragile to me and I'd like to see us have more durability on this team. The way he is getting hurt do we really want to see him scramble and run if we draft him?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Lol, they do but i can't say i ever heard of someone getting surgery like that on one....especially both less than a year.

Just seems fragile to me and I'd like to see us have more durability on this team. The way he is getting hurt do we really want to see him scramble and run if we draft him?
              Actually, and I don't like that they do this, but the surgery was not needed...he only had it to facilitate his return to the field. The surgery is a cheat that stabilizes a bone attachment that the injured ligament is responsible for...they basically put in an artificial anchor while the ligament heals. Left alone, it would heal on it's own, albeit over a greater period of time.

How the fuck this bionic shit is different from using banned performance/recovery drugs is beyond me...it's artificial as hell...but I will say it's not the surgery that concerns me for his future, but his tendency to get high ankle sprains and a dislocated hip...sorry. Hard pass on those genes.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

We want him to be like Kyler,
                not RG III.

Accuracy.
                Decision making.
                Pocket awareness.

We will miss PR in his prime,
                whether it is Tyrod,
                or whether it is almost any of these rookies.

My suspicion is that it is going to be Tyrod.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

not RG III.

Accuracy.
                  Decision making.
                  Pocket awareness.

whether it is Tyrod,

Yup. At least until his play starts costing us games.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yup. At least until his play starts costing us games.
                    blue man is just waiting to fire up the bench Tyrod Taylor thread.opcorn:

It's only a matter of time......no later than week 3 of next year.

Might as well fire it up now.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

not RG III.

Accuracy.
                      Decision making.
                      Pocket awareness.

whether it is Tyrod,

Lynn's career as a head coach might depend on it. .And he doesn't necessarily have a good track record
                      of inserting unproven talent into the lineup. I don't think he could survive another 4 - 12 type season.

& how will PR's play be affected by front office personnel leaking to Canfora that he is no longer wanted?
                      Makes no sense, outside of the fact that it is the typical classless move that the Spanos have embedded into this organization.

Can they once let a faded star leave with some semblance of dignity? Of course not. Perhaps they want Tyrod to start now &
                      see what they have with him.

Stick (or the rook) would have to really ball next preseason to have any chance of starting.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Los Angeles
                        • Send PM

Curious to see whos the top QB out of our scout list. I know they were fixated on Bosa coming out that one year, wonder who is the golden QB they are high on.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Lynn's career as a head coach might depend on it. .And he doesn't necessarily have a good track record
                          of inserting unproven talent into the lineup. I don't think he could survive another 4 - 12 type season.

& how will PR's play be affected by front office personnel leaking to Canfora that he is no longer wanted?
                          Makes no sense, outside of the fact that it is the typical classless move that the Spanos have embedded into this organization.

Can they once let a faded star leave with some semblance of dignity? Of course not. Perhaps they want Tyrod to start now &
                          see what they have with him.

Stick (or the rook) would have to really ball next preseason to have any chance of starting.
                          Stick may hang around another year, i'd give him 30% odds of retaining QB3 next year, and out of league the following year. throwing down my marker again - he is not an NFL QB, he's a guy who can run.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X