• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

WR CeeDee Lamb * this dude is the goods and suspect he will be long gone by Charger time
    WR Henry Ruggs 3 * think this guy is pretty good but wouldn’t spend our first (or second) on him
    WR Jerry Jeudy * not a unanimous all world wideout, but prolly a solid for (hopefully) someone else
    WR Jalen Reagor * tempting given our situation, albeit don’t think he is the better get than other needs
    SR Aaron Fuller * suspect this guy is gonna be sneaky good, and would love it if he lasts ‘til day three
    WR DeVonta Smith * does he have some Courtland Suttonesque value to him, albeit not interested
    WR Laviska Shenault * sounds like a lotta frosting and not so much cake to his game
    WR Collin Johnson * was all that before the season started, and has (pretty much) faded from memory

Can’t say I’d pass on Cedarian Lamb as can’t imagine him not be exceptional and the ideal Keenan replacement if we decide we can’t afford to resign him, and def looking Fuller/slot receiver @some point, albeit wish to stay relatively clear of this position in lieu of linemen or near can’t miss prospects

TE Albert Okwuegbunam * have seen this guy slotted day three and would be interested then
    TE Michael Pinckney * dude has had some press, albeit not of interest atm, @least speaking for myself

Peoples seem to think we need a hedge for HH, and might tend to agree, albeit not sure who is the guy/good value @TE in this installment ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

OT Andrew Thomas * lock solid prospect that will be sitting in someone else’s clubhouse come our pick
      OT Andrew Wirfs * agree that he may be one of my fave Chargers fantasies, but will be on another team
      OT Austin Jackson * this guy is a wildcard/dark horse given the other guy from ‘SC awhile back on Dallas
      OT Josh Jones * a name that gets tossed high and low, albeit have yet to be hooked/intrigued
      OT Alex Leatherwood/Jedrick Wills * if you’re TT how do you draft a “maybe” from Ol’ Flukerland ??
      OT Mekhi Becton * got the size/measurables, albeit is he NFL good ??
      OT Lucas Niang * peoples like him, albeit have had nothing that makes me cling on here
      OT Calvin Throckmorton * ‘nother name that gets some love, albeit see no good reason there either
      OT Trey Adams * not sure why anyone would want to take that injury risk, ‘specially post Pouncey/Okung

Lotta noise here, and would hate to spend draft capital here just cuz it’s a need…. lame/terrible draft strategy…. pls go long and hard in FA along the Oline…. If someone (good) here lands in your lap, fine.

OG Tyler Biadasz * somewhat reminiscent of the OC that went to Dallas, albeit think he’x an OG for us
      OG Trey Smith * like this guy, fairly sizable risk factor, and if so, which round do you put your call in ??
      OG Netane Muti * love this guy, albeit if you want to retain your job, you pass due to injury history

Like Quinton Spain in FA here, and would prefer to take a late round gambit on Trey Smith or even Muti, rather than spend early draft capital on Biadasz, and given how Billy Price turned out from a bit ago.

OC Creed Humphrey * lotta noise ‘bout this guy, albeit haven’t gotten on board, and don’ think I will
      OC Jake Hanson * this guy scares/intrigues me, cuz def seems like someone the Chargers would draft
      OC Lloyd Cushenberry * seems like an AL guy and have little reason to doubt he would succeed
      OC Darryl Williams * love this guy’s intangibles, albeit he had a rough go against Derrick Brown

Not sure how we are positioned here given the unknown that is Mike Pouncey’s health, other than he was a health risk before we signed him, and nothing gets better ‘bout that situation, and Qberry has surprised, as wasn’t counting on him for much of anything, and won’t surprise me if we go OC this year
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

NT Derrick Brown * still hopin’ we see a repeat of the Star Lotulelei press that he’d go No. 1 overall
        NT Neville Gallimore * lotta hoss here and not sure he wouldn’t be a good addition (for someone else)
        NT Leki Fotu * like the intangibles, albeit Star’s brother puts a wee damper on my certainty for him ??

Pls get us a real NT, as can’t see many things more essential to any hope re: a SB 55 appearance

DT Javon Kinlaw * man this guy looks the part, albeit am holding off for now
        DT Marvin Wilson * ‘nother guy w/a lotta hype @one point, albeit not my cuppa tea atm
        DT Raekwon Davis * seems like he could be a solid, but not sure if it’s the ‘Bama thing that has me wary

We are full to the brim here w/JJ, Jerry ‘n Cortez, and doubt that any of these guys reset the table ??

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

DE Chase Young * scary monster
          DE AJ Epenesa * thought he’d go to Ron Rivera’s team, albeit not sure where to now ??
          DE Kenny Willekes * lotta love for this guy early on, has slipped some, and not sure am in on him ??

w/Joey ‘n Rochell, thinkin’ dude would have to be pretty much beauty and the beast to make hay here

OLB Yetur Gross Matos * like this guy some, albeit he has too many uneven reviews for my taste
          OLB Curtis Weaver * suspect this guy has some talent, albeit not sure of his longterm projection ??
          OLB K’Lavon Chaisson * somethin’ ‘bout this guy gets me going, and same uneven reviews for him
          OLB Julian Okwara * he’s got the Notre Dame thing goin’ for him, and if he gains weight, then….
          OLB Alton Robinson * seems like he could be a solid, albeit hasn’t quite emerged as a talent quite yet
          OLB Terrell Lewis * unwarranted hype/projection far as I can tell, w/’Bama risk factor on top of that

Not sure any of these guys are big difference makers, and not sure of our need w/the both of Supa Mel and Uchenna, and…. don’t rest on your laurels/sit on your hands (team Tommy John)

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

SAM Evan Weaver * liked him early, albeit he had some troubles vs. Oregon…. overhyped/rated ??
            SAM Paddy Fisher * have seen him day two/three and think there might be some value/talent there ??

Think we’ve got a semblance of a roster spot here if and when we might find irresistible value ??

MLB Dylan Moses * mighty tempting, albeit his hype might have outflanked his real worth/value
            ILB Kenneth Murray * pretty much a 3-4 ILB far as I can tell, and that has some round one dissenters
            ILB Troy Dye * ditto for above re: a 3-4 ILB…. no thank you,

Denzel all the way, and w/Jon Bostic in FA far as I’m concerned, and put Dru somewhere else (thanx AL)

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

WIL Isaiah Simmons * not sure how you pass on this guy (save for D. Brown/Wirfs ?) if he’s there
              SS Xavier McKinney * fringe first rounder that would be better left for someone else ??
              SS Hamsah Nasirildeen * gotta thing for this guy, and if Jatavis/AP are not resigned, then interested
              SS Brandon Jones * got some love here last year, and personally doubt he’s fallen off that much

Is this a sneaky need for us, given both our hoped for starting safeties went down or out, not to mention special teams, and sub packages ?? if we make a trade and garner extra picks, am looking hard here.

FS Grant Delpit * despite all the preseason hullaballoo, pretty much a no thank you to his tackling 4me
              FS Ashtyn Davis * bad boy from Cal, that can’t get my head around on ??

Am a (big) Nasir proponent, and can’t argue w/Rayshawn’s “elite” metrics :smile: (aka we good here)

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

CB Jeffrey Okudah * dude’s got the measurables and talent, and not into CBs this high
                CB Kristian Fulton * if we did go CB early, think this guy would top my list as shutdown CB
                CB Jaylon Johnson * sneaks in and out of early consideration, but like him plenty much as well
                CB CJ Henderson * can’t speak to his intangibles, as he really doesn’t do it for me
                CB Trevon Diggs * think he’d be a great follow up to Ramsey in Jax, as not interested as a Charger
                CB Shaun Wade * not a headliner, but wondering how good this guy might (really) be ??
                CB Jeff Gladney * ‘nother guy who I have no to little reason to believe he won’t be pretty darn good
                CB Cameron Dantzler * reportedly someone who the Chargers are interested in, w/variable draft stock
                CB Paulson Adebo * not a chance in the world would I draft this guy…. completely overblown

Personally have some late round/day three guys that intrigue me, and am also a Facyson fan, so not the pressing need that some have storied for us, albeit word has it that team Tommy John has identified it as a top priority, which pretty much ensures we will hit it early here, and for better or worse ??

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  CB Jeffrey Okudah * dude’s got the measurables and talent, and not into CBs this high
                  CB Kristian Fulton * if we did go CB early, think this guy would top my list as shutdown CB
                  CB Jaylon Johnson * sneaks in and out of early consideration, but like him plenty much as well
                  CB CJ Henderson * can’t speak to his intangibles, as he really doesn’t do it for me
                  CB Trevon Diggs * think he’d be a great follow up to Ramsey in Jax, as not interested as a Charger
                  CB Shaun Wade * not a headliner, but wondering how good this guy might (really) be ??
                  CB Jeff Gladney * ‘nother guy who I have no to little reason to believe he won’t be pretty darn good
                  CB Cameron Dantzler * reportedly someone who the Chargers are interested in, w/variable draft stock
                  CB Paulson Adebo * not a chance in the world would I draft this guy…. completely overblown

Personally have some late round/day three guys that intrigue me, and am also a Facyson fan, so not the pressing need that some have storied for us, albeit word has it that team Tommy John has identified it as a top priority, which pretty much ensures we will hit it early here, and for better or worse ??
                  They've put off from drafting a corner for a long, long time, & the two they've drafted have been busts.

Wilkes and Bradley should help Telesco a lot in drafting the right guy. Hopefully, its a lock down corner type that lets them do different things.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Jeez beachy, thanks for all the write-ups, very appreciated.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Below is the updated NFL Draft order for 2020 through Sunday's late afternoon Week 15 games. NFL Draft order 2020
                      Pick No. Team Record
                      1. Cincinnati Bengals 1-13
                      2. New York Giants 3-11
                      3. Miami Dolphins 3-11
                      4. Washington Redskins 3-11
                      5. Detroit Lions 3-10-1
                      6. Arizona Cardinals 4-9-1
                      7. New York Jets 5-9
                      8. Jacksonville Jaguars 5-9
                      9. Los Angeles Chargers 5-9
                      10. Denver Broncos 5-9
                      11. Carolina Panthers 5-9
                      12. Atlanta Falcons 5-9
                      13. Oakland Raiders 6-8
                      14. Cleveland Browns 6-8
                      15. Indianapolis Colts 6-7
                      16. Philadelphia Eagles 7-7
                      17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7-7
                      18. Oakland Raiders (via 7-7 Bears)
                      19. Tennessee Titans 8-6
                      20. Jacksonville Jaguars (via 8-6 Rams)

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        OT Andrew Thomas * lock solid prospect that will be sitting in someone else’s clubhouse come our pick
                        OT Andrew Wirfs * agree that he may be one of my fave Chargers fantasies, but will be on another team
                        OT Austin Jackson * this guy is a wildcard/dark horse given the other guy from ‘SC awhile back on Dallas
                        OT Josh Jones * a name that gets tossed high and low, albeit have yet to be hooked/intrigued
                        OT Alex Leatherwood/Jedrick Wills * if you’re TT how do you draft a “maybe” from Ol’ Flukerland ??
                        OT Mekhi Becton * got the size/measurables, albeit is he NFL good ??
                        OT Lucas Niang * peoples like him, albeit have had nothing that makes me cling on here
                        OT Calvin Throckmorton * ‘nother name that gets some love, albeit see no good reason there either
                        OT Trey Adams * not sure why anyone would want to take that injury risk, ‘specially post Pouncey/Okung

Lotta noise here, and would hate to spend draft capital here just cuz it’s a need…. lame/terrible draft strategy…. pls go long and hard in FA along the Oline…. If someone (good) here lands in your lap, fine.

OG Tyler Biadasz * somewhat reminiscent of the OC that went to Dallas, albeit think he’x an OG for us
                        OG Trey Smith * like this guy, fairly sizable risk factor, and if so, which round do you put your call in ??
                        OG Netane Muti * love this guy, albeit if you want to retain your job, you pass due to injury history

Like Quinton Spain in FA here, and would prefer to take a late round gambit on Trey Smith or even Muti, rather than spend early draft capital on Biadasz, and given how Billy Price turned out from a bit ago.

OC Creed Humphrey * lotta noise ‘bout this guy, albeit haven’t gotten on board, and don’ think I will
                        OC Jake Hanson * this guy scares/intrigues me, cuz def seems like someone the Chargers would draft
                        OC Lloyd Cushenberry * seems like an AL guy and have little reason to doubt he would succeed
                        OC Darryl Williams * love this guy’s intangibles, albeit he had a rough go against Derrick Brown

Not sure how we are positioned here given the unknown that is Mike Pouncey’s health, other than he was a health risk before we signed him, and nothing gets better ‘bout that situation, and Qberry has surprised, as wasn’t counting on him for much of anything, and won’t surprise me if we go OC this year
                        Good research, Beach! I'll have to take a closer look at some of these...

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

The Chargers are probably in the 6-11 range. They have a very small chance of grabbing the #2 spot.

The NFL Draft Order table provides the probabilities of your team's selection order.

Comment

Working...
                          X