Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Depends on who you read. His overall strength and athleticism are best in class.
    Simply my thoughts on him. I see him as a better fit at OG.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Simply my thoughts on him. I see him as a better fit at OG.
      Could be. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'd use #6 on a Quentin Nelson. I see him as an athletic RT with potential to dominate.
      Wirfs isn't my 1st choice overall but is my 1st OT based on high ceiling.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I still prefer Thomas.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Could be. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'd use #6 on a Quentin Nelson. I see him as an athletic RT with potential to dominate.
          Wirfs isn't my 1st choice overall but is my 1st OT based on high ceiling.
          I think Naing is a better prospect and by pundit lists I can get him in round 3.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            I still prefer Thomas.
            Over Wirfs, I do too.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

IMV we need a quality offensive lineman--a much needed infusion of talent.

Any of five positions--does not have to be round 1.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                IMV we need a quality offensive lineman--a much needed infusion of talent.

Many of five positions--does not have to be round 1.
                fixed
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

The problem I have with people saying that we don't have to draft an OL with our pick is how many rookies end up starting? The vast majority of rookies who start are 1st and early 2nd picks.

It's not that it can't happen in other spots, but it is unlikely. And it is not going to help the rookie develop to throw him in on day one if he is still learning the playbook and the fundamentals of the position.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    The problem I have with people saying that we don't have to draft an OL with our pick is how many rookies end up starting? The vast majority of rookies who start are 1st and early 2nd picks.

It's not that it can't happen in other spots, but it is unlikely. And it is not going to help the rookie develop to throw him in on day one if he is still learning the playbook and the fundamentals of the position.
                    The Chargers are currently a team without a franchise QB...... if you dont have a QB, then you dont know what type of personnel to build around him. A right handed QB needs a top LT..... a left handed QB needs a top RT........ a guy with a strong arm like mahomes or Hebert needs super fast WR's to take advantage of that deep arm...... a guy like more precise passer like Burrow or Tua will; need better route runners..... as well as speedsters to run deep.....

The mobility of the QB also affects the type of OL you draft..... big maulers or lighter more mobile OL????

Great teams/organizations do not force players into a system, they instead acquire their franchise QB and build a system and personnel around that QB

First the Chargers have to acquire our franchise QB, then only after that, build the appropriate parts around them.........

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

The Chargers are currently a team without a franchise QB...... if you dont have a QB, then you dont know what type of personnel to build around him. A right handed QB needs a top LT..... a left handed QB needs a top RT........ a guy with a strong arm like mahomes or Hebert needs super fast WR's to take advantage of that deep arm...... a guy like more precise passer like Burrow or Tua will; need better route runners..... as well as speedsters to run deep.....

The mobility of the QB also affects the type of OL you draft..... big maulers or lighter more mobile OL????

Great teams/organizations do not force players into a system, they instead acquire their franchise QB and build a system and personnel around that QB

First the Chargers have to acquire our franchise QB, then only after that, build the appropriate parts around them.........
                      Ok, I'm willing to deal #6, #37 and next year's first rounder for Burrow...but if the Bungles start asking for our first rounders the next 2-3 years, uh, no...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Someone knows what E. Stick looked like last year in pre-game practices ?
                        Is there a P. Mahomes type QB in this draft ? Drafted at 10 and ... wow !

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

It’s pointless to talk about these qbs because the offense is under construction
                          its hard to evaluate how Tyrod or Stick performed under the offense tailored to Rivers
                          Tyrod and Stick are simply clues as to what offense we’ll be attempting (and I emphasize attempting)
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

Working...
                          X