Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
    I'm all in on Joe Burrow hype train. Absolute dominating performance against a good Alabama team. I think we might have to trade up now because no way Miami or Cincinnati pass on him.
    Tua would be a good option too.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Huge for the Miami Dolphins
      Well huge for the bungals at 0-8
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Tua had a good second half. Weird after the game he was limping badly but didn't notice during the game. I know he has the ankle issue.

Still rather have Burrow. We'll see how much the Chargers like him.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Regardless of whether you want a QB in the draft or not....Tua and Burrow are out of our range. Forget about them, it's not gonna happen.

In fact...Herbert may very well be picked up by Denver...I don't think Lock impressed very much. Don't forget about Tennessee...even if they pick after us, they could trade up.

I would guess Lynn would like Hurts...not NFL ready, but I'm a little intrigued...would be nice to have a QB who could escape once in awhile.

Still...I think we will be waiting another year at least before we make a big splash in the draft at QB...just my gut feeling.
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

I honestly think a NFL GM could decide to draft most players from about 20 colleges.

Ohio State. Defense, O-line & WR.
            Alabama. Defense, O-line, TE & WR.
            LSU. Defense, O-line & WR.
            Georgia. Defense, O-line, TE & WR.
            Iowa, O-line, D-line, TE & DB
            Clemson. D-line & WR.
            Notre Dame. O-line. D-line.
            N.C. State. D-line.
            Virgina Tech. DB.
            Florida State. D-line & DB.
            Michigan State. DB.
            Michigan. Defense.
            Stanford. O-line & D-line.
            Washington. D-line & DB.
            Auburn. D-line & O-line.
            Texas A&M. D-line/Edge.
            Wisconsin. O-line & D-line.
            USC. O-line, D-line, DB & WR.
            Florida. O-line & Defense.

Any top 25 prospect from any school.
            And the QB, RB, Kicker from any school.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

I would swing for the fences if I am Telesco.
              Go get Joe Burrow.
              It would not play him yeat 1. Unless he won the job.
              He may not turn out to be that great as a pro, who really knows. But, I am not betting on 39 & 40 year old Rivers. I'm getting a QB for the future. I'm trading up and paying the price.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                Regardless of whether you want a QB in the draft or not....Tua and Burrow are out of our range. Forget about them, it's not gonna happen.

In fact...Herbert may very well be picked up by Denver...I don't think Lock impressed very much. Don't forget about Tennessee...even if they pick after us, they could trade up.

I would guess Lynn would like Hurts...not NFL ready, but I'm a little intrigued...would be nice to have a QB who could escape once in awhile.

Still...I think we will be waiting another year at least before we make a big splash in the draft at QB...just my gut feeling.
                We could trade up too. If they like a QB bad enough, you should go to get him. I'd be ok with that as long as they upgrade the OL in the process.

It's a QB driven league. Get the guy you think will be here for years to come.

Agree it could be another year but it won't be easier getting aQB if we pick in the 20's . We weren't expected to be bad this year so take advantage of it.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-10-2019, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

or could it be an LT/Brees redux w/D'Andre Swift and Jalen Hurts ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    At this point who knows. I don't think Hurts is the QB Brees was in college and I really don't think we will draft a RB in the first round.

In anycase it's way too early (for me) to be projecting any kind of mock for us but can't see RB being on that list in the first round with the holes this team has.

But it's only Nov.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Swift is not close to the same skillset of LT.

Now your guy, Fotu, is an interesting prospect. Stout, huge motor, resets LOS, has some PR upside, really flexible w/lateral movement, uses his grip strength/length to disengage, straightline speed to power is devastating.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Swift is not close to the same skillset of LT.

Now your guy, Fotu, is an interesting prospect. Stout, huge motor, resets LOS, has some PR upside, really flexible w/lateral movement, uses his grip strength/length to disengage, straightline speed to power is devastating.
                        not matchin' up/comparing the either of Swift nor Hurts w/the either of LT nor Brees…. just wondering if drafting those two @RB/QB could put us over the hump/get us jump started similar to how the franchise took off after drafting RB round one and QB round two, w/LT 'n Brees.... pure conjecture, and.... can't say 'tis outta the realm of possibilities ??
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

not matchin' up/comparing the either of Swift nor Hurts w/the either of LT nor Brees…. just wondering if drafting those two @RB/QB could put us over the hump/get us jump started similar to how the franchise took off after drafting RB round one and QB round two, w/LT 'n Brees.... pure conjecture, and.... can't say 'tis outta the realm of possibilities ??
                          I’m definitely in the market for a new RB in the draft but not Swift. He will go in the top 50 picks. I would spend our draft capital on other positions groups. We have Austin & Justin who are legit players able to produce. RB in the 3rd or later.
                          Guys I like Vaughn, Feaster, Warren II, Dillon, Rountree III, Perine, Sermon, Moss.

Im not going to breakdown QBs in my rating system any longer because the most important part is a QBs mental makeup. This is the key factor that allows a QB to be successful. We can all see accuracy, throwing motion/mechanics, mobility, arm strength, etc but without knowing what is between his ears all the other is useless.
                          Last edited by like54ninjas; 11-10-2019, 04:37 AM.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X