• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

How about we just focus on rebuilding our O-line?

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Tua had a good second half. Weird after the game he was limping badly but didn't notice during the game. I know he has the ankle issue.

Still rather have Burrow. We'll see how much the Chargers like him.
      yeah he was walking gingerly on that ankle after some of the plays. Dude has surgery less than 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        I would swing for the fences if I am Telesco.
        Go get Joe Burrow.
        It would not play him yeat 1. Unless he won the job.
        He may not turn out to be that great as a pro, who really knows. But, I am not betting on 39 & 40 year old Rivers. I'm getting a QB for the future. I'm trading up and paying the price.

They need to get a qb now....this is the draft - someone good will be available.

They might be able to get a solid LT in round 2.

They ain't one player away from the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

yeah he was walking gingerly on that ankle after some of the plays. Dude has surgery less than 3 weeks ago.
          I did notice him limping some after plays but be linked bad after the game. I get he had a bad wheel, just looked real bad after the game

Comment

• Silversurfer
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Los Angeles
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Regardless of whether you want a QB in the draft or not....Tua and Burrow are out of our range. Forget about them, it's not gonna happen.

In fact...Herbert may very well be picked up by Denver...I don't think Lock impressed very much. Don't forget about Tennessee...even if they pick after us, they could trade up.

I would guess Lynn would like Hurts...not NFL ready, but I'm a little intrigued...would be nice to have a QB who could escape once in awhile.

Still...I think we will be waiting another year at least before we make a big splash in the draft at QB...just my gut feeling.

If he's available I say we take him. 6'ft6 233Ibs NFL ready.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by Silversurfer; 11-13-2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

There could be at least 6 QBs with 1st round grades. And im not talking Guys like Lock and Paxton Lynch. Back of the round guys. Like maybe top 15.

Tua
              Burrow
              Fromm
              Herbert
              Hurts
              Eason

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                There could be at least 6 QBs with 1st round grades. And im not talking Guys like Lock and Paxton Lynch. Back of the round guys. Like maybe top 15.

Tua
                Burrow
                Fromm
                Herbert
                Hurts
                Eason
                I definitely don’t have Hursts as a day 1 guy and Eason needs to stay at UW for another year (too raw but love the arm).
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I definitely don’t have Hursts as a day 1 guy and Eason needs to stay at UW for another year (too raw but love the arm).
                  We'll see man. lol I dont think Hurts is a come in and light in on fire sort of guy. But i think he can be better than Baker. And he went 1. He is a little raw still but he sort of had to get aclimated to a different O and he isnt surrounded by the talent Bama has. Wilson was another guy without a 1st round grade. But Hurts strikes me as a type that can manage an O. He doesnt have Wilsons arm but the kid is smart. And works hard. I think a team can build a nice little run first offense with him and he can be efficient in that. As well as a full compliment of running plays. I think some of my hype on him has the direction of nfl offenses baked into it.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Tua
                    Burrow
                    Fromm
                    Herbert
                    Hurts
                    Eason
                    Burrow or Tua or die trying.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Burrow or Tua or die trying.
                      I think Burrow is a full blown franchise QB. I compared him to Alex Smth the other day. But i think some of that is based off his althelticism. And how he will move 10 years from now. Alex was suprisingly mobile late in his career. And i like that. Burrow will be a better passer. But will be able to make plays with his legs. Im obsessed with this trend in the NFL. I think its going to be all the rage. I dont think Lamar Jackson has a long career. So much of his passing is set up off his speed and mobility. I doubt when he slows way down he will be effective as just a passer. He still has such a long way to go to being a complete passer.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                        Did we win?
                        • Jun 2013
                        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                        • Send PM

Grab someone this year (even trade up if we can figure out a way) with the intention to let him sit behind Rivers next year. Then, Rivers is offended we took someone so high and plays his ass off next season in the new stadium while we stay healthy and make a deep run. We get one more great year from Rivers and also have a Burrow, Tua, Herbert type guy in the wings. Win-win.

There, the future of the franchise is solved...
                        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

We'll see man. lol I dont think Hurts is a come in and light in on fire sort of guy. But i think he can be better than Baker. And he went 1. He is a little raw still but he sort of had to get aclimated to a different O and he isnt surrounded by the talent Bama has. Wilson was another guy without a 1st round grade. But Hurts strikes me as a type that can manage an O. He doesnt have Wilsons arm but the kid is smart. And works hard. I think a team can build a nice little run first offense with him and he can be efficient in that. As well as a full compliment of running plays. I think some of my hype on him has the direction of nfl offenses baked into it.
                          There are uber athletes on both sides of the football.

Would we dare to save Oline to round two, given the depth ?

Our fear should be that the Chargers go status quo...no...no...no !!!
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X