Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Still haven't figured this one out. Is not on the mobile template
    Im sorry man i forgot to get back with you on this. This is only a desktop feature.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Burrow makes all the throws. Also has the cleanest pocket I’ve ever seen and some amazing WRs he’s throwing to. Is it okay I’m not gaga over him?
      I'm not a fan - given the position he'll be chosen. I do want one of those LSU interior offensive linemen.

Burrows, Tua, Herbert, Eason, Hurts, Fromm.....on a glance, this appears to be the deepest qb class in a long time.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

just wasted my time watching qbs: Burrow, Herbert, Eason, Hurts, Tua

My rankings:

1. Tua - love how he moves within the pocket and scans the field, great footwork & command, nice - accurate arm, nice touch on long ball
        2. Eason - oodles of talent, keeps feet moving within pocket and scans the field, very good footwork, fantastic arm, accurate, questionable decisions, rumored to have a questionable work ethic, can throw on the move going both ways, Mahomesesque - without Mahomes consistent ability to spot people at the last second and throw from different platforms (critics blasted Mahomes for that)
        3. Burrows - gets the job done, knows where to go with the football, adequate arm, decent accuracy......looks to run a bit too much when climbing the pocket, inaccurate under pressure, not great on the move as a passer, not a great long ball, effectiveness as a runner won't carry over to NFL, decent footwork, could release the ball more quickly.....gets the job done.
        4. Herbert - great arm, accuracy a big, big concern, underrated runner.....need to see more.
        5. Hurts - 2nd round guy, inaccurate long ball, looks to run when climbing the pocket, slower release than one would like, can spot people on the move (but not first rate), you think he'll be a bust - but then makes a play in the pocket.
        Last edited by powderblueboy; 11-22-2019, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Burrow makes all the throws. Also has the cleanest pocket I’ve ever seen and some amazing WRs he’s throwing to. Is it okay I’m not gaga over him?
          Not always but he can and does scramble away from the rush. He is much fleet footed than Rivers and can get away from pressure but he wont be a scrambling QB in the NFL,.... which is fine with me, i just want a QB who can escape when he has to.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
            just wasted my time watching qbs: Burrow, Herbert, Eason, Hurts, Tua

My rankings:

1. Tua - love how he moves within the pocket and scans the field, great footwork & command, nice - accurate arm, nice touch on long ball
            2. Eason - oodles of talent, keeps feet moving within pocket and scans the field, very good footwork, fantastic arm, accurate, questionable decisions, rumored to have a questionable work ethic, can throw on the move going both ways, Mahomesesque - without Mahomes consistent ability to spot people at the last second and throw from different platforms (critics blasted Mahomes for that)
            3. Burrows - gets the job done, knows where to go with the football, adequate arm, decent accuracy......looks to run a bit too much when climbing the pocket, inaccurate under pressure, not great on the move as a passer, not a great long ball, effectiveness as a runner won't carry over to NFL, decent footwork, could release the ball more quickly.....gets the job done.
            4. Herbert - great arm, accuracy a big, big concern, underrated runner.....need to see more.
            5. Hurts - 2nd round guy, inaccurate long ball, looks to run when climbing the pocket, slower release than one would like, can spot people on the move (but not first rate), you think he'll be a bust - but then makes a play in the pocket.
            Tua is hurt too much for my taste. Dudes been really banged up the last two seasons and didnt finish this one.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Tua is hurt too much for my taste. Dudes been really banged up the last two seasons and didnt finish this one.
              Agree...let's not draft damaged goods, please...been burned too many times in that dept....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Agree...let's not draft damaged goods, please...been burned too many times in that dept....
                Also agree.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I didn't take his current health status into account. He would easily be the safest if healthy. Everyone of those guys has question marks. Eason might be the guy (especially behind Rivers) - but his work ethic scares me. Burrows depends too much on tucking the ball and running in big moments - it will get him killed in the NFL.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

AJ Epenesa is a monster.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I didn't take his current health status into account. He would easily be the safest if healthy. Everyone of those guys has question marks. Eason might be the guy (especially behind Rivers) - but his work ethic scares me. Burrows depends too much on tucking the ball and running in big moments - it will get him killed in the NFL.
                      So that leaves Hurts, Herbert and Fromm...even if Hurts's long ball is inaccurate as claimed, I don't care so much; I'd rather dink and dunk with short ball and a few intermediate throws anyway...plus an occasional scramble...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        AJ Epenesa is a monster.
                        Only problem there, Fleet, is Epenesa is slated to go somewhere in the first round...and we need a QB and OT bad...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So that leaves Hurts, Herbert and Fromm...even if Hurts's long ball is inaccurate as claimed, I don't care so much; I'd rather dink and dunk with short ball and a few intermediate throws anyway...plus an occasional scramble...
                          Im not sure he’s that inaccurate. How about WF Jamie Newman? Good size/strength (6’4” 230+) with wheels, accurate, strong arm, makes the throws ... he’s not the runner Hurts is but might be a better QB. he’s also hurt right now but its non-throwing shoulder with reports of no structural damage. Where might he fall to?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X