• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    All this talk about Tua and Burrow...you guys are all smokin' the shit. LOL. Doesn't matter how great you think they are, or will be...the Bengals and Dolphins will be taking them, and I doubt they will be fielding anything but outrageous offers...and not only do I think we shouldn't do that...I doubt our front office would do that.

I mean...I hate to piss on anybody's parade...honestly....but give me a realistic scenario where we are in a position to get either one of those guys. We would have to finish with 4-6 wins to even be in range....I doubt we do that poorly.

I also doubt Miami or Cincy are sellers....especially if Tua tests out well next spring.

I have actually been watching some Tua footage lately...have to admit, really like the arm talent...I haven't seen much of that in some of the games this year...but going back to last season, I see what all the fuss is about. I would be worried about the injury issues, but not actually upset if we took him...except I just don't think we will even get the chance.

I'm calling my shot....if we take a QB first round this year? Jalen Hurts. Lotta RPO capable QBs have been in our training camps lately...including Stick. That is not an accident. If the ownership is behind TT going forward, and TT is behind Lynn...that's how it's going down.
    Who knows? I don't quite agree with your certainty. I see 4 - 6 wins as most probable. They need to go 3 - 2 the rest of the way to avoid it: not likely.

One thing is for certain, a bad team's new GM is risking his job on Tua remaining healthy. They generally don't like that risk: just get a franchise LT and wait for next year.

Nor will GMs want to trade up far to assume it. There are no teams sitting out there with most of the pieces in place, but just waiting for a franchise qb.
    Chargers are probably the closest to that description.

As for Burrow, I think people here are overrating his draft stock a tad.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      It's too risky to take Tua at 11.
      It's not too risky to take Tua at 2.

Got it.
      Lmao

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

IMV 'Roo , TPB is grossly undervaluing Tua's arm talent,
        and freaking out about this "injury prone" shite.

I do not care how good AL WRs are.
        Dime after dime.
        And the comp is Rivers.
        SMH.
        Tua is very talented. Top 5 talent.

If the most recent injury was almost anything else, like a broken foot or hand. Then I think it has little impact on his draft stock.

But this hip injury is extremely serious. If all goes perfectly he will be out a full year and back to 100% and have no furture complications. That is if it all goes perfect. If there are any complications at all, it can derail his entire career.

I could be wrong, but I think he falls out of top 10 and possibly falls out of top 20. Even with a positive medical report on recovery. And If there is questionable recovery reports, he probably isn't drafted until after pick 25.

If he falls out of rd 1.
        TT can draft him in rd 2.

Watch Gruden draft him because he has the extra 1st. I don't think he like Carr. So I could see them spending a 1st rd pick on him.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Draft scenario.
          Chargers win a couple games and end up 6-10. Pick 12th area.

Broncos trade up and draft Burrow.
          Raiders use their 1st on Tua.
          Bengals draft Herbert.
          Dolphins possibly draft a QB too.
          4QBs gone before Bolts pick.
          Jeudy, Thomas, Wirfs are picked top 10 by Giants or Redskins and Lions.

Chargers were not willing to pay the price to move up and get a QB, So Chargers draft J.Okudah-CB.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I can't see the Raiders drafting Tua. Gruden does not dislike Carr as his QB....not to mention, Mayock will bring him into reality IF he even suggests it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

If the most recent injury was almost anything else, like a broken foot or hand. Then I think it has little impact on his draft stock.

But this hip injury is extremely serious. If all goes perfectly he will be out a full year and back to 100% and have no furture complications. That is if it all goes perfect. If there are any complications at all, it can derail his entire career.

I could be wrong, but I think he falls out of top 10 and possibly falls out of top 20. Even with a positive medical report on recovery. And If there is questionable recovery reports, he probably isn't drafted until after pick 25.

If he falls out of rd 1.

Watch Gruden draft him because he has the extra 1st. I don't think he like Carr. So I could see them spending a 1st rd pick on him.
              I don't think he likes Carr either. I'd take Carr of the wire if i were TT ...
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

If he falls out of rd 1.

Where are you getting your medical intel ? Scouting intel ?

The MDs central to this procedure are saying Tua may throw for scouts in Indy.

Furthermore, NFL GMs were canvassed,
                and their thinking is that Tua still goes mid round 1,
                putting him right in our wheel house.

Please reconsider.
                Do not sully your reputation any further.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Draft scenario.
                  Chargers win a couple games and end up 6-10. Pick 12th area.

Broncos trade up and draft Burrow.
                  Raiders use their 1st on Tua.
                  Bengals draft Herbert.
                  Dolphins possibly draft a QB too.
                  4QBs gone before Bolts pick.
                  Jeudy, Thomas, Wirfs are picked top 10 by Giants or Redskins and Lions.

Chargers were not willing to pay the price to move up and get a QB, So Chargers draft J.Okudah-CB.
                  LOL...classic Charger way...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Where are you getting your medical intel ? Scouting intel ?

The MDs central to this procedure are saying Tua may throw for scouts in Indy.

Furthermore, NFL GMs were canvassed,
                    and their thinking is that Tua still goes mid round 1,
                    putting him right in our wheel house.

Please reconsider.
                    Do not sully your reputation any further.
                    Wood, actually, there appears to be a lot of uncertainty regarding Tua's injury, especially this part:

"“The thing that makes it uncertain is that when the hip dislocates and it fractures off part of the cup part of the hip joint,” Lowe explained Saturday, “(and) sometimes it disrupts the blood supply to the end of the femur — the lower leg part of the hip joint.”

That is what is called avascular necrosis (AVN) and is what forced legendary Auburn running back Bo Jackson to retire from both football and baseball in the early 1990s, and eventually led to severe arthritis and the need for a hip replacement at the age of 29.

"The Bo Jackson (situation) is the outlier, not the norm, (but) that is a possibility," said Mark Adickes, a former NFL offensive lineman, practicing orthopedic surgeon and medical expert for ESPN and DirecTV's FantasyZone. "And for a guy that is the potential No. 1 pick in the NFL draft, that's a scary thought."

AVN is certainly the worst-case scenario for Tagovailoa, and one of the reasons for the quick response by doctors. It is believed that because Tagovailoa’s dislocated hip was reduced within minutes of the injury occurring Saturday, it’s less likely there was much or any disruption of the blood supply to the femur.

"It's an understatement to say that this affects his draft status, because it certainly does," Adickes said.

Tagovailoa will likely remain on crutches for roughly six weeks before progressing to weight-bearing rehabilitation and then an exercise program roughly 3 months out from surgery, which would be about the time of next year’s NFL Combine.

“This may be one of those things that makes you think that, hey, let’s let this heal and come back for a fourth year and let everything take care of itself from there too,” suggested Lowe, who acknowledged the complexities of such a decision. “The other side of that is, even with this injury … there may well be a whole lot of teams that are willing to take the risk that he’s going to be fine.”

While being the No. 1 overall pick might be out of the question at this point, Adickes believes Tagovailoa can still be a potential first-round option, or at worst a high supplemental draft pick next summer."

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                      I'm calling my shot....if we take a QB first round this year? Jalen Hurts. Lotta RPO capable QBs have been in our training camps lately...including Stick. That is not an accident. If the ownership is behind TT going forward, and TT is behind Lynn...that's how it's going down.
                      Welcome to the Hurts club! Lots of room on this bandwagon lol.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

IMV 'Roo , TPB is grossly undervaluing Tua's arm talent,
                        and freaking out about this "injury prone" shite.

I do not care how good AL WRs are.
                        Dime after dime.
                        And the comp is Rivers.
                        SMH.
                        I'd take CeeDee Lamb good (and much safer bet, even as a receiver), over Tua's injury history.... not to mention you've got Trey Adams as a chaser ?? !!

wu you're outta your tree.... your injury immunity/Teflon has taken on never before seen heights, :O

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Chip Toutt, MD performed the procedure on Tua.

Izzat a good enough source for TPB minions...doubt it...haters gonna hate.

"Tua is more likely to get mauled by a bear than get AVN," says Chip.

In other news there are eleven bear attacks per year in North America.

:coffee:
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X