• chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

IMV 'Roo , TPB is grossly undervaluing Tua's arm talent,
    and freaking out about this "injury prone" shite.

I do not care how good AL WRs are.
    Dime after dime.
    And the comp is Rivers.
    SMH.
    IMO, Tua's talent is undeniable. I think Burrow will go first and Tua will go second. The team doctors will check him our at Indy. His ankles should be fine by then. If he should drop to the Bolts, I hope they take him.
    I understand the people that are leery due to his injuries but that kind of talent is worth the risk. I don't expect him to fall to us but Derwin James said"you never know". :whistlin:

Considering all things, I won't surprised if Tua returns for his Senior year. Kind of like "prove it"
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

IMO, Tua's talent is undeniable. I think Burrow will go first and Tua will go second. The team doctors will check him our at Indy. His ankles should be fine by then. If he should drop to the Bolts, I hope they take him.
      I understand the people that are leery due to his injuries but that kind of talent is worth the risk. I don't expect him to fall to us but Derwin James said"you never know". :whistlin:

Considering all things, I won't surprised if Tua returns for his Senior year. Kind of like "prove it"
      I would be shocked. Close calls with the potential career ending injury would be enough to drive him pro.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Chip Toutt, MD performed the procedure on Tua.

Izzat a good enough source for TPB minions...doubt it...haters gonna hate.

"Tua is more likely to get mauled by a bear than get AVN," says Chip.

In other news there are eleven bear attacks per year in North America.

:coffee:
        I understand.
        The issue im having is that it wasn't just a dislocation at the hip. The posterior wall of the hip was fractured which is a longer healing process than just the hip dislocation. So it wasn't just the ball popping out of the joint. The back wall of the hip socket is broken. It was a medical emergency. He had to get to the hospital immediately.
        Hopefully he does not develop any AVN or get mauled by a bear.

AVN is not the only concern, there is also chance for post tramatic arthritis as well as heterotopic ossification. Possible nerve damage. There is cartilage that was likely damaged. Tendons could be damaged. Blood vessels impacted. How bad was the fracture, how many pieces needed to be repaired. How much of the fracture bone was severely displaced.

Im guessing to repair the wall fracture they had to place screws and plating and may have needed to do bone grafts.

Then during rehab. Does all go well. Did he lose any range of motion. Is there lingering pain during movement. Full weight bearing can not happen until the wall is fully healed, which is 4 months or there can shifts in the bone and create instability in the socket.

I took kinesiology, anatomy and other classes in school. I work at a hospital doing analysis on all medical equipment, its use, safety, and maintenace requirements. So, I have a little understanding of human body and medicine.
        And I always stay at Holiday Inn Express.

I hope he recovers fully. But I have to put an big red flag on Tua because of the fractured posterior wall.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I understand.
          The issue im having is that it wasn't just a dislocation at the hip. The posterior wall of the hip was fractured which is a longer healing process than just the hip dislocation. So it wasn't just the ball popping out of the joint. The back wall of the hip socket is broken. It was a medical emergency. He had to get to the hospital immediately.
          Hopefully he does not develop any AVN or get mauled by a bear.

AVN is not the only concern, there is also chance for post tramatic arthritis as well as heterotopic ossification. Possible nerve damage. There is cartilage that was likely damaged. Tendons could be damaged. Blood vessels impacted. How bad was the fracture, how many pieces needed to be repaired. How much of the fracture bone was severely displaced.

Im guessing to repair the wall fracture they had to place screws and plating and may have needed to do bone grafts.

Then during rehab. Does all go well. Did he lose any range of motion. Is there lingering pain during movement. Full weight bearing can not happen until the wall is fully healed, which is 4 months or there can shifts in the bone and create instability in the socket.

I took kinesiology, anatomy and other classes in school. I work at a hospital doing analysis on all medical equipment, its use, safety, and maintenace requirements. So, I have a little understanding of human body and medicine.
          And I always stay at Holiday Inn Express.

I hope he recovers fully. But I have to put an big red flag on Tua because of the fractured posterior wall.

I am sure you understand that Dr. Chip had a good look at things
          on the cameras attached to the instruments used for surgery on Tua.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

If your backup has to play a quarter or half the time, why draft a QB who is injury prone?

And he isn't even a running QB. A high of 190 yards at Alabama for 3.3 a carry.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-26-2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

I am sure you understand that Dr. Chip had a good look at things
              on the cameras attached to the instruments used for surgery on Tua.
              Yes. I'm sure he did excellent work.
              im not concerned about the doctor doing the best job possible. There is 80% chance of full recovery that won't require eventual hip replacement at some point in his life. So it makes sense the doctor expects a full recovery.

Im concerned because no matter how great the surgical repair was, it is still the posterior wall that needs to heal. And there is potential for complications that surgery can not prevent. Higher likelyhood to develop hip arthritis. Bones not healing as well as expected. Nerve damage. And even after successful surgery and recovery the joint just never is truly back to 100%. Statistically there is a 20% chance Tua will require a hip replacement in 5 years.

They can say he will be ready to throw for scouts in the spring. And he may very well be. But the reality is, it will take anywhere from 12months to 24months to fully recover.... As the body can not improve that quickly from this injury. And he will see doctors for the rest of his life in regard to the hip to try and prevent development of arthritis.

I feel bad for him. But this injury has a 20% chance to end his career early.

I would draft him. Just not with a 1st rd pick.
              I would spend maybe a 2nd, but prefer a 3rd or 4th on him. Perhaps we get a Keenan Allen 3rd rd special. 1st rd talent drops to 3rd because of injury. And TT scopes him up.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Not hating, Wood, come on...we're just expressing legit concern over Tua's injury and prognosis...we will know a lot more by draft day...in the meantime, I think we ALL need to be careful not to jump on the bandwagon of any damaged goods player until he shows otherwise...after getting burned by Verrett, Adderley, etc., don't we have a right to be at least a little hesitant to pull the trigger on damaged goods? At least in round 1?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Yes. I'm sure he did excellent work.
                    im not concerned about the doctor doing the best job possible. There is 80% chance of full recovery that won't require eventual hip replacement at some point in his life. So it makes sense the doctor expects a full recovery.

Im concerned because no matter how great the surgical repair was, it is still the posterior wall that needs to heal. And there is potential for complications that surgery can not prevent. Higher likelyhood to develop hip arthritis. Bones not healing as well as expected. Nerve damage. And even after successful surgery and recovery the joint just never is truly back to 100%. Statistically there is a 20% chance Tua will require a hip replacement in 5 years.

They can say he will be ready to throw for scouts in the spring. And he may very well be. But the reality is, it will take anywhere from 12months to 24months to fully recover.... As the body can not improve that quickly from this injury. And he will see doctors for the rest of his life in regard to the hip to try and prevent development of arthritis.

I feel bad for him. But this injury has a 20% chance to end his career early.

I would draft him. Just not with a 1st rd pick.
                    I would spend maybe a 2nd, but prefer a 3rd or 4th on him. Perhaps we get a Keenan Allen 3rd rd special. 1st rd talent drops to 3rd because of injury. And TT scopes him up.

If there was a 95 - 99% chance that Tua completely recovers, with no consequences, than he goes top 3.
                    There needs to be some element of doubt for him to drop to the Chargers.
                    What you are describing isn't necessarily a bad thing.

There is risk with every player. I think there is big risk picking Burrows, because of his lack of elite measurables and footwork.
                    One doesn't know how his game will translate to the NFL.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Wood, he'd be playing for the Chargers. He'd more likely get mauled by any of the other 11 players on the other team. And it sure as hell would happen more than eleven times a year.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not hating, Wood, come on...we're just expressing legit concern over Tua's injury and prognosis...we will know a lot more by draft day...in the meantime, I think we ALL need to be careful not to jump on the bandwagon of any damaged goods player until he shows otherwise...after getting burned by Verrett, Adderley, etc., don't we have a right to be at least a little hesitant to pull the trigger on damaged goods? At least in round 1?

What legit concerns are there when the prognosis is so positive ?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Wood, he'd be playing for the Chargers. He'd more likely get mauled by any of the other 11 players on the other team. And it sure as hell would happen more than eleven times a year.
                          Tua will start year two,
                          along with Adams.

Comment

Working...
                          X