• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
    Curious to see whos the top QB out of our scout list. I know they were fixated on Bosa coming out that one year, wonder who is the golden QB they are high on.
    My sources say it's Tua. :thumbsup:
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• alex8080
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Tua may be there at 11

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post
        Tua may be there at 11
        Tua may get hurt attending the combine.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Okay, I am going to put this out there right now. Kicker. We always are scrap heaping, looking for a gem and we have not had consistency for years. Injuries, misses and chokers galore for us. I am putting Rodrigo Blankenship down as my 3rd round choice RIGHT NOW. Yeah, I know that you should never draft a kicker up high, blah, blah, blah. But figure this.......with all of the possessions in a game, your team scores 3 TD's and 3 FG's. 30 points. Not a far fetched or a greedy total IMHO. Well your kicker is directly responsible for 12 of your 30 points or 40% of your final score. That's on par with that of a great WR or running back play for a game, right?

I have watched this kid kick for 4 years and he is ALL of that. And for the love of OUR 3rd round choices, I'll take a chance on a true 15 year game changer over a Mager or some D3 tackle.

Respect the SPECS!!!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

My sources say it's Tua. :thumbsup:
            So am I getting the right vibe from you....that Tua is your guy? Really? Boy, I'm not feeling that at all...I have only watched some smatterings of Alabama football this year, so maybe I haven't seen a fair sampling, but I am not impressed, never mind the injuries. Very possible this guy's success is more about the team around him, than his actual talent.

Even if he comes out next spring, and blows people away with NFL throws, interviews, etc...doesn't it scare the shit out of you, the injuries? Maybe I'm just snake bit, with all thats happened this year, but geesh...
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

blue man is just waiting to fire up the bench Tyrod Taylor thread.opcorn:

It's only a matter of time......no later than week 3 of next year.

Might as well fire it up now.
              Call me crazy, but yeah I want solid QB performance any way I can get it.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Tua may get hurt attending the combine.
                LOL
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Classic
                  Hall Of Fame
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                  Okay, I am going to put this out there right now. Kicker. We always are scrap heaping, looking for a gem and we have not had consistency for years. Injuries, misses and chokers galore for us. I am putting Rodrigo Blankenship down as my 3rd round choice RIGHT NOW. Yeah, I know that you should never draft a kicker up high, blah, blah, blah. But figure this.......with all of the possessions in a game, your team scores 3 TD's and 3 FG's. 30 points. Not a far fetched or a greedy total IMHO. Well your kicker is directly responsible for 12 of your 30 points or 40% of your final score. That's on par with that of a great WR or running back play for a game, right?

I have watched this kid kick for 4 years and he is ALL of that. And for the love of OUR 3rd round choices, I'll take a chance on a true 15 year game changer over a Mager or some D3 tackle.

Respect the SPECS!!!
                  Have you seen how this much team protects Badgley? They were willing to have him not be on IR for several weeks because they believe in him.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

The junior QBs
                    Tua
                    Eason
                    Fromm
                    Love
                    Newman.

The senior QBs
                    Burrow
                    Herbert
                    Hurts

I am saying no to all the junior QBs who declare. Some may pan out. Tua is clearly the most talented. But availability is the best ability and he seems like he could be on IR half his career. That hip injury is an enormous red flag. No thank you.

The senior QBs. Herbert...meh. He seems like he will get his chance to be a starting franchise QB in NFL but I'm not sure of he has what it take to be great.
                    Hurts, No thank you. Unless its rd 5 to be Joe Burrow back up. I think Hurts can win games in the NFL. Just dont want him as the franchise QB for 15 seasons.

If im drafting to find 15 years of franchise QB play.
                    Joe Burrow is the man the Chargers must draft.
                    Trade up to #1. Pay the price.

He is the most accurate passer of all the QBs in the draft. Better under pressure and more accurate 10yds down field than the rest of these QBs. Good mobility to buy time or get a few yards and he throws accurately on the move. He has great pocket awareness and keeps eyes downfield. He understands coverage and where the ball should go.

Bengals absolutely have to draft him.
                    But I think they would be willing to trade out for the right price. If I'm the Bengals GM, I say no to any offer. QB driven league. They need a QB.
                    But maybe they will think they are so smart, they trade down and get Tua or Herbert and be fine with them at QB. I'm hoping they think that and are willing to trade out.

Just feel that Burrow has the it factor and the NFL will not be too big for him. When he is playing in the title game this year. He may think ....when I was 6, I was at Rose Bowl watching family. Now it's me. Ive been waiting for this day. I was born to do this.
                    Then he will throw for 400yds and 4 TDs and get MVP.

I'm all they way out on that limb.
                    Its Burrow or bust for me.

You can have the field.
                    Any/All QB drafted in 2020 draft.
                    Their careers in NFL vs Burrow.
                    I'll take Burrow. You get the field to beat him.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      The junior QBs
                      Tua
                      Eason
                      Fromm
                      Love
                      Newman.

The senior QBs
                      Burrow
                      Herbert
                      Hurts

I am saying no to all the junior QBs who declare. Some may pan out. Tua is clearly the most talented.. But availability is the best ability and he seems like he could be on IR half his career. That hip injury is an enormous red flag. No thank you.

The senior QBs. Herbert...meh. He seems like he will get his chance to be a starting franchise QB in NFL but I'm not sure of he has what it take to be great.
                      Hurts, No thank you. Unless its rd 5 to be Joe Burrow back up. I think Hurts can win games in the NFL. Just dont want him as the franchise QB for 15 seasons.

If im drafting to find 15 years of franchise QB play.
                      Joe Burrow is the man the Chargers must draft.
                      Trade up to #1. Pay the price.

He is the most accurate passer of all the QBs in the draft. Better under pressure and more accurate 10yds down field than the rest of these QBs. Good mobility to buy time or get a few yards and he throws accurately on the move. He has great pocket awareness and keeps eyes downfield. He understands coverage and where the ball should go.

Bengals absolutely have to draft him.
                      But I think they would be willing to trade out for the right price. If I'm the Bengals GM, I say no to any offer. QB driven league. They need a QB.
                      But maybe they will think they are so smart, they trade down and get Tua or Herbert and be fine with them at QB. I'm hoping they think that and are willing to trade out.

Just feel that Burrow has the it factor and the NFL will not be too big for him. When he is playing in the title game this year. He may think ....when I was 6, I was at Rose Bowl watching family. Now it's me. Ive been waiting for this day. I was born to do this.
                      Then he will throw for 400yds and 4 TDs and get MVP.

I'm all they way out on that limb.
                      Its Burrow or bust for me.

You can have the field.
                      Any/All QB drafted in 2020 draft.
                      Their careers in NFL vs Burrow.
                      I'll take Burrow. You get the field to beat him.

The prognosis is very positive post surgery.
                      We will know with great certitude about AVN well before the draft.
                      Of course, bears do occasionally maul, don't they ?
                      Top ten GMs will not want to assume the perceived risk.
                      They will draft OTs, WRs and defenders.
                      You know what TT will do, Critty.
                      And who's to say Burrow is not a one year wonder, like Trubisky ?

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The prognosis is very positive post surgery.
                        We will know with great certitude about AVN well before the draft.
                        Of course, bears do occasionally maul, don't they ?
                        Top ten GMs will not want to assume the perceived risk.
                        They will draft OTs, WRs and defenders.
                        You know what TT will do, Critty.
                        And who's to say Burrow is not a one year wonder, like Trubisky ?
                        Turbisky went 8-5 his junior year and declared.
                        He may have been name Mr Ohio football like Burrow.
                        But he wasn't an all state 1st team point guard like Burrow was. He didn't beat teams like Alabama.
                        Mitch lost the Sun bowl game to Stanford throwing 2 interceptions and losing a fumble and completing 59%. He scored a late TD pass to make it look close.

Burrow is 78%
                        Trubisky was 68% with an easier schedule his final season.

There is no comparison.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Turbisky went 8-5 his junior year and declared.
                          He may have been name Mr Ohio football like Burrow.
                          But he wasn't an all state 1st team point guard like Burrow was. He didn't beat teams like Alabama.
                          Mitch lost the Sun bowl game to Stanford throwing 2 interceptions and losing a fumble and completing 59%. He scored a late TD pass to make it look close.

Burrow is 78%
                          Trubisky was 68% with an easier schedule his final season.

There is no comparison.

Until someone trades up for Joe.

Comment

Working...
                          X