• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He won't make it to the Chargers pick in round #2. There will definitely be 4 and probably 5 quarterbacks chosen before the Chargers 2nd round pick.

Cincy, Miami, Jacksonville, Chargers, Carolina, Oakland?, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh?, Chicago?, New Orleans, New England (beachcomber just vomited right there), all could use a young promising qb.

Of that group, Cincy, Miami, Jacksonville, Carolina, & Tamp Bay definitely will consider one.
    Word is Tampa will resign Winston. If they do, they aren't spending a first in a QB.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      So...this afternoon, you can pick up Wake Forrest vs Michigan State, and give QB Jamie Newman a look. But the big game to watch is USC vs Iowa...OT Tristan Wirfs will be on display, as well as OT Austin Jackson vs DE Epenesa...

I don't really have an interest in adding a 4th round QB in Newman...but I always try to keep an open mind as to how we approach the future QB issue. You just never know...and there is some flashy film on him, and tools to like.

I am back on the Wirfs bandwagon...and look to see if my opinion of him is confirmed...the kid is a monster, and at this point is worthy of the #7 pick...upgrades every tackle we have on the roster, save Okung.

Austin Jackson is a guy who may not last to our second...even if he does, can he play both sides? I like Pipkens to continue behind Okung, unless a special LT talent is available...I don't think Jackson is that, so if he can't play both sides, it may be a moot point. Have to do a little more research. If he can...he might be a solid pickup in the second, if we go QB or defense in the first.
      Austin Jackson is an elite prospect. He was a 5-star college recruit, 5th OT nationally, and Top 50 overall recruit nationally.
      He is a TOP TIER athlete with size, movement skills, natural power, insane length (reported over 36” arms), smart, and has a solid work ethic. He is still somewhat raw technically but his upside is the highest CEILING of all OT prospects in this class.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Word is Tampa will resign Winston. If they do, they aren't spending a first in a QB.
        Tagging him is what im hearing.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He won't make it to the Chargers pick in round #2. There will definitely be 4 and probably 5 quarterbacks chosen before the Chargers 2nd round pick.

Cincy, Miami, Jacksonville, Chargers, Carolina, Oakland?, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh?, Chicago?, New Orleans, New England (beachcomber just vomited right there), all could use a young promising qb.

Of that group, Cincy, Miami, Jacksonville, Carolina, & Tamp Bay definitely will consider one.
          With 2 first rounders in the low teens and 3 third rounders to fill immediate needs, I say Chuckie is moving on from Carr. His 2 firsties are just a couple apart right now, so when he gets there if there are still a couple of QB's he likes than he can take a position player and wait. If not then he bags a QB faller like Eason IMHO. I would hate to see a guy like Eason in our back yard.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 12.37.54 PM.png

Comment

• PR#1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

With 2 first rounders in the low teens and 3 third rounders to fill immediate needs, I say Chuckie is moving on from Carr. His 2 firsties are just a couple apart right now, so when he gets there if there are still a couple of QB's he likes than he can take a position player and wait. If not then he bags a QB faller like Eason IMHO. I would hate to see a guy like Eason in our back yard.
              If those extra picks are from the Mack trade then chuckie is looking like a genius.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Fleet copies my drafts...:lol:

Those are my prospects.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Fleet copies my drafts...:lol:

Those are my prospects.
                  Haha. I have been pretty quiet here. Not seeing who many of you guys like or dislike. But im not surprised we all like many of the same. Im doing these mocks and posting them on twitter. Just in a constant mode of trying to get new members here to talk Bolts.

Some of these mocks will have players i havnt really studied. Simmons is a no brainer. Have been a Jackson fan for a long time. My brother and I are huge SC fans. Duvernay is a beast.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Haha. I have been pretty quiet here. Not seeing who many of you guys like or dislike. But im not surprised we all like many of the same. Im doing these mocks and posting them on twitter. Just in a constant mode of trying to get new members here to talk Bolts.

Some of these mocks will have players i havnt really studied. Simmons is a no brainer. Have been a Jackson fan for a long time. My brother and I are huge SC fans. Duvernay is a beast.
                    I saw one of yours yesterday at Twitter.
                    We are all thinking similarly.
                    There have been several hits for me, Fleet.
                    RBs/WRs midrounds.
                    The OTs.
                    Of course we are all diligently trying to squeeze value out of this.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Its a good draft at many of the positions of need for us.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Going with Taylor/Stick at QB? Gutsy.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Yea....so I'm gonna go ahead and take Newman off my watch list. Highlight videos looked good at times, but he really isn't a natural passer, after watching him play today. The only place I see this kid in the pros is as a late round/UDFA pick up for a true RPO team...his athleticism and raw arm are desireable...but the kid has no accuracy, and sometimes the ball didn't even look right coming out of his hand. Pass. Lewerke was more impressive.
                          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X