• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Burrow is a lock to go #1. I would not be surprised if Tua didnt drop much. He could still be the 2nd QB taken. Stick has some of the qualities of these QBs. We wonder what Hurts would look like on other teams...i wonder what Stick would look like. That kid was a prolific runner and passer. Had he been 6' 5 he may have ended up a Wentz type riser.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Burrow is a lock to go #1. I would not be surprised if Tua didnt drop much. He could still be the 2nd QB taken. Stick has some of the qualities of these QBs. We wonder what Hurts would look like on other teams...i wonder what Stick would look like. That kid was a prolific runner and passer. Had he been 6' 5 he may have ended up a Wentz type riser.
      All the more reason to give Stick some touches some time this regular season...

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

All the more reason to give Stick some touches some time this regular season...
        Now that we are mathematically out of it i would think Rivers will most likely be ceding some snaps.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not sure I have the answer, and will be more surprised than not if we don't draft him.... personally hope we go Swift round one and hold tight 'til our second to select Hurts, and....

the main difference between him and the other top tier QBs (Burrow, Fields, Lawrence, etc.) is that he is def a running QB, as he has more rushing TDs than most any of the name RBs.

the question becomes is that too much risk/exposure for you once he gets to the NFL as your starting/franchise QB ??

again personally, don't see how we don't draft him.... pretty much guaranteed AL is gonna be back, and think you've got to give him what he wants going forward.... he obviously is just playing things out w/PR (hopefully for one more year), as he clearly wants an RPO QB.

it worked pretty well for us going LT/Brees back 2 back.... hopefully w/lower draft slotting there will be less long-term dollars there, and more monies for a (SB) defense.
          Mind boggling why you want a RB in the first round. Even if Gordon leaves, a RB shouldn't be a priority.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Burrow-Not happening. Whoever is in front of us will take him

Tua-Interesting. The injury scares me...but it will surely scare other teams, and allow him to fall to us. It is one hell of a gamble, but with a good prognosis, and holding a clipboard for a year...might be the break this francise is due for. His 2018 tape is good stuff...

Herbert-All the tools...so why isn't he in the running for a Heismann? He stayed in school, but didn't really nail it. If he nails the draft process though, maybe his underwhelming season was a product of what was around him...might be another true blue chip QB prospect, and very possibly in our range.

Hurts-The more I watch this season, the more I don't know...I want to see him put that team on his back, and make a fight of it in the playoff game...with his arm as much as with his legs...and I want to see few or no mistakes...then he also has to nail the process in the spring...then maybe I put him in the mix in the first.

If we resign Rivers, and manage to add a few solid to good olinemen in free agency...I could see us taking Tua or Herbert, and learn them behind Rivers. Great situation, really...if we could make the numbers work...too early to tell. Depends on who we show the door, who restructures, and what Rivers gets.

If we don't sign Rivers? Got a feeling we will be going RPO, and very possibly a Jalen Hurts, Love outta Utah St., or even that Jamie Newman from Wake Forrest...

By the way...not sure I see Tua as an RPO guy going forward...you gotta like him for his arm and moderate mobility. I don't know if we can call him a running QB anymore.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Eason was at U. of Georgia with Fromm.
              Yep my bad. Got the colleges mixed up. I knew 3 QBs were with one school. 2 transferred.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Tua-Interesting. The injury scares me...but it will surely scare other teams, and allow him to fall to us. It is one hell of a gamble, but with a good prognosis, and holding a clipboard for a year...might be the break this francise is due for. His 2018 tape is good stuff...

Herbert-All the tools...so why isn't he in the running for a Heismann? He stayed in school, but didn't really nail it. If he nails the draft process though, maybe his underwhelming season was a product of what was around him...might be another true blue chip QB prospect, and very possibly in our range.

Hurts-The more I watch this season, the more I don't know...I want to see him put that team on his back, and make a fight of it in the playoff game...with his arm as much as with his legs...and I want to see few or no mistakes...then he also has to nail the process in the spring...then maybe I put him in the mix in the first.

If we resign Rivers, and manage to add a few solid to good olinemen in free agency...I could see us taking Tua or Herbert, and learn them behind Rivers. Great situation, really...if we could make the numbers work...too early to tell. Depends on who we show the door, who restructures, and what Rivers gets.

If we don't sign Rivers? Got a feeling we will be going RPO, and very possibly a Jalen Hurts, Love outta Utah St., or even that Jamie Newman from Wake Forrest...

By the way...not sure I see Tua as an RPO guy going forward...you gotta like him for his arm and moderate mobility. I don't know if we can call him a running QB anymore.
                I wonder what we do if Tua is available when we pick - agree that his injuries really scare me.

I'm not sure Hebert's season has been underwhelming. He has 32 TDs, 5 ints and completed 67% of his passes and has his team in the top 10.

Please just say no to Love - he is HORRIBLE!

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

New Draft Breakdown apparently.

INTRO 2020 Portfolio Sample - SAFETIES,Explanation for Mark's Scouting Process Owner Contact: Mark Jarvis,Video Editors,Welcome ...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I've really soured on Herbert. Think he is over rated. Needs to go to a dink and dunk west coast offense. He isn't accurate enough for ours. I have him third round right now.

Never seen Newman play.. As others haven't so I can't say. I don't go by highlight videos. And Tua isn't a RPO QB and lord help him if he does run. He wasn't really a running QB before his injury. Burrow has run a lot more than him.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      Interesting they have several QB's rated above Burrow:

image.png

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                        Interesting they have several QB's rated above Burrow:

image.png
                        Won't matter in the end. This is Dec and when are these guys gonna realise Herbert is overrated.?

​​​

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

At OT, how can they not have Thomas and Wirfs listed?

image.png
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X