• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Thanks brother. Hey, I liked that site you posted the other day. Very helpful. I miss Draft Breakdown...
    Yeah breakdown was epic. I wish xfinity had a game replay/on demand for the games they show on espn with the sky cam. Its so much better for watching the qbs and skill guys. I have an email in to my buddy Brian who has taken over the old sraft scout database. Im hoping we can get access to a nice film database of some sort.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Fleet, wait till u see Wood come out with his draft clustas...that's where he really excels...
      Saw them last draft. Most of you guys were here for that. Its was still just an odd period for us with so many new members still getting acquainted. Now that most of us are integrated i expect things to be a little more active with the draft.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

As it stands now, we have the number 10 pick in the draft.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          As it stands now, we have the number 10 pick in the draft.
          If somebody can convince me Hurts will last till the second round, I'm down with an OL. Just not seeing it.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

The playoffs QB numbers are insane. Hurts probably skewed because of conference. But this should really be a fun bowl season. Hyped.

​​​​​​Fields- 431 plays, 3,424 yrds, 68% comp, 50 TDs, 1 INT
            Lawrence- 414 plays, 3,579 yrds, 68% comp, 41 TDs, 8 INTs
            Burrow- 535 plays, 5004 yrds, 77% comp, 51 TDs, 6 INTs
            Hurts- 528 plays, 4914 yrds, 71% comp, 51 TDs, 7 INTs

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              The playoffs QB numbers are insane. Hurts probably skewed because of conference. But this should really be a fun bowl season. Hyped.

​​​​​​Fields- 431 plays, 3,424 yrds, 68% comp, 50 TDs, 1 INT
              Lawrence- 414 plays, 3,579 yrds, 68% comp, 41 TDs, 8 INTs
              Burrow- 535 plays, 5004 yrds, 77% comp, 51 TDs, 6 INTs
              Hurts- 528 plays, 4914 yrds, 71% comp, 51 TDs, 7 INTs
              Can you imagine Hurts playing behind that LSU Oline??

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Can you imagine Hurts playing behind that LSU Oline??
                Or with those WRs, CEH, Randy Moss' son at TE. Creed Humphrey is one of the best IOL in the country. They have a young stud OT but hes playing OG at the moment. Hurts has Lamb. A musical chairs OL. Never panics. Calm under pressure. Metronomic heart rate. Watching the overhead film of him he goes through his progressions and anticipates. Throws his guys open. Im not sure if he makes all the throws. His perimeter outs look a little soft. Not a bunch of zip. Similar to Jackson. LSU, Pro Day. He has an opportunity to improve his stock. Im not 1st round with hm at this point. I think hes somone that comes into the league...struggles and then gets better. Guys who work like he does often do. His post game work outs are pretty legendary.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Curious then, what is missing to make him a first round talent in your eyes? Pro QBs struggle with those perimeter outs, I just don’t see the negatives to not draft him mid-first round. Especially when you factor in his mental game, which is unreal for a college QB (and a lot of pros lol).

Also did you see Hurts’s tweet? Fucking fantastic, I love this kid!
                  Last edited by blueman; 12-09-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Curious then, what is missing to make him a first round talent in your eyes? Pro QBs struggle with those perimeter outs, I just don’t see the negatives to not draft him mid-first round. Especially when you factor in his mental game, which is unreal for a college QB (and a lot of pros lol).

not sure I have the answer, and will be more surprised than not if we don't draft him.... personally hope we go Swift round one and hold tight 'til our second to select Hurts, and....

the main difference between him and the other top tier QBs (Burrow, Fields, Lawrence, etc.) is that he is def a running QB, as he has more rushing TDs than most any of the name RBs.

the question becomes is that too much risk/exposure for you once he gets to the NFL as your starting/franchise QB ??

again personally, don't see how we don't draft him.... pretty much guaranteed AL is gonna be back, and think you've got to give him what he wants going forward.... he obviously is just playing things out w/PR (hopefully for one more year), as he clearly wants an RPO QB.

it worked pretty well for us going LT/Brees back 2 back.... hopefully w/lower draft slotting there will be less long-term dollars there, and more monies for a (SB) defense.
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

I think its the route tree and his ability to break down a defense at the line. He is a little raw. But he shows growth every year. Its not always that difficult in the conference he pays in. That is another knock. Hes not Mahomes. Not as athletic as Murray. And Murray has struggled. Baker sucks. Im not opposed to that conference as i think the NFL is really adopting the style of offense we see there. I want to see him make all the throws with authority. And while he can run and make a lot of plays with his legs i dont really see him ripping with speed. There are times when i think hes holding back. But he will go out and run a sub 4.5. He will show his amazing lower body strength. He will test really well. But he needs to use that athleticism. The other thing is full blown leadership or that sort of vocal presence. Kind of quiet.

Bama runs its players every year through testing and Hurst is a freak. Go back and look into his Bama testing and you will see an abundance of lower body strength.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I think I get what you're saying, like he hasn't developed what he hasn't needed to develop yet? And can he?

Agree about growth every year, don't think he's done yet. He seems smart enough to be able to go through those breakdowns, I think as good as he's been in college his best is yet to come.

Saw a mock with Herbert going first and Burrow dropping to us at like the 12th pick?! Is it liars month already?

Comment

• alex8080
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I think its the route tree and his ability to break down a defense at the line. He is a little raw. But he shows growth every year. Its not always that difficult in the conference he pays in. That is another knock. Hes not Mahomes. Not as athletic as Murray. And Murray has struggled. Baker sucks. Im not opposed to that conference as i think the NFL is really adopting the style of offense we see there. I want to see him make all the throws with authority. And while he can run and make a lot of plays with his legs i dont really see him ripping with speed. There are times when i think hes holding back. But he will go out and run a sub 4.5. He will show his amazing lower body strength. He will test really well. But he needs to use that athleticism. The other thing is full blown leadership or that sort of vocal presence. Kind of quiet.

Bama runs its players every year through testing and Hurst is a freak. Go back and look into his Bama testing and you will see an abundance of lower body strength.
                          only 1 big 12 qb has ever won a playoff game. not far off in your deduction

Comment

Working...
                          X