• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You obviously don't watch Oregon games. Most of Herberts throws are 0-5 yards. He isn't very accurate with 10+ yards. Like last week. He sucked and finished 14-26 and at one point had seven straight incompletions. If not for his RB going over 200 yards, they struggle to win that game and did still.

He has had a handful of games like that this hear and I've posted that his stats in one game against ASU weren't as good as they seem. He wasn't good.
    I have watched him play a few times and came away impressed. I have read several profiles that have him going as the second QB in the draft afterTua got hurt. Since he could very well be available when we pick, I would not be surprised if he was a Charger.

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

If we pass on QB or OL. Isiah Simmons could be gamechanger on defense.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        At OT, how can they not have Thomas and Wirfs listed?

image.png
        Underclassmen are listed on the right hand column.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Been going back and forth with the creator Jesse for a couple hours. I was completely lost on where the film was located. I would click on the film link and it would bring up the profile. I was expecting to see a video or youtube page. The links are shown here. Really happy this man is doing this for us. I do believe he was behind Draft Breakdown.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

From the co owner.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I have watched him play a few times and came away impressed. I have read several profiles that have him going as the second QB in the draft afterTua got hurt. Since he could very well be available when we pick, I would not be surprised if he was a Charger.
              Me too...I know what Boltjolt is saying, and to some degree I agree with him...it is a little concerning. One could speculate that his lack of consistently lighting it up was due to coaching, game plan, and personel?
              Taking him with our first pick... I am not totally sold...but not against it either. Tough matchup in the bowl game with Wisconsin...I'll be watching that closely. Don't know if we see him in the Senior bowl? And of course the workouts. I hope we do more than just kick the tires on this kid, whether we are serious about a first round QB or not. There is a reason he has been in the mix as a blue chip talent since the beginning of last year...the tools are there. Like you said...it wouldn't shock me if we ended up picking him...I could see us going in a number of different directions...but this is definitely one of them.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

According to Daniel Popper, he thinks Rivers is back as our QB next season, the Chargers will draft OL and not likely draft Rivers replacement until 2021. Not sure if that is just his speculation or something he heard from the team, but he seemed pretty sure about it, which was much more definitive than what he posted the past few weeks. Almost makes it sound like he was told something.

I guess we’ll see.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                  If we pass on QB or OL. Isiah Simmons could be gamechanger on defense.
                  You always like to get a star...and BPA, when it comes to that type of talent, is a way I would like to go in most drafts...but sometimes the needs are just too great. OL is obvious...not so obvious is QB, but I think we will know in a couple of months. Very good prospects at both those positions will likely be there for the taking when we pick. Can't see us passing...unless it's Chase Young. That's generational talent right there, lol...but he will be long gone.

There is an old timer saying my pops used to use, to describe it when someone tried to work an easy shortcut through a tough situation(instead of doing it the right way), or when someone tried to gain far more from a deal than they rightfully deserved...he would say they "tried to cut a fat hog in the ass". I think that is what we tried to do with that line...and it blew up in our face. For the sake of their jobs, I don't think this staff will be doing that this year. The only reason we don't pick oline in the first this year, is if Rivers has truly fallen out of favor, all the way to the top, and they greenlight Telesco to move on. Then it's very possibly a QB. But I'm gonna say no to just about every other position.
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

According to Daniel Popper, he thinks Rivers is back as our QB next season, the Chargers will draft OL and not likely draft Rivers replacement until 2021. Not sure if that is just his speculation or something he heard from the team, but he seemed pretty sure about it, which was much more definitive than what he posted the past few weeks. Almost makes it sound like he was told something.

I guess we’ll see.
                    Trade off is no big FA signings then, just Rivers + rookies.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I guess we’ll see.
                      Okay, so NEXT YEAR Rivers is REALLY going to ALMOST stop slinging the rock into coverage for picks that lose us games...sigh...

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Trade off is no big FA signings then, just Rivers + rookies.
                        The MO of this team is not to sign big FA anyway.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, so NEXT YEAR Rivers is REALLY going to ALMOST stop slinging the rock into coverage for picks that lose us games...sigh...
                          The downside to Rivers coming back is the 10 million posts complaining about him that you guys will leave in every thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X