• Send PM

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Yea...I'm smitten with old Joe too...there is no denying he certainly looks like the real deal...been watching him play a lot...but he is a Bengal...I'd bet my paycheck on it.
      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Brown goes top 8 beachcomber - so you won't have to worry about that.
        of course, and.... the skinny on Star Lotulelei leading up to the draft was that he could go No. 1 overall, and.... we all know the ending to that story.

my heart wants to see what we'd be like w/the likes of a D'Andre Swift, but my mind "knows" that we'd be SB bound if and when we added a NT like D. Brown.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Silversurfer
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Los Angeles
          • Send PM

Is Jordan Love a poor mans Mahomes? He will probably be there when we pick.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
            I have seen him play many times and he is not even in the same solar system as Mahomes.

This season, Love completed 263/434 passes (60.6%) for 3085 yards, 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. He has rushed 71 times for 159 yards (2.2 yards per carry) and no rushing TDs.

Mahomes last season in college he completed 388/591 (65.7%) for 5052 yards, 41 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He rushed 131 times for 285 yards (2.2 yards per carry) and 12 rushing TDs.

Love's previous years were better but he is just not faintly close to a guy like Mahomes.

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I have seen him play many times and he is not even in the same solar system as Mahomes.

This season, Love completed 263/434 passes (60.6%) for 3085 yards, 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. He has rushed 71 times for 159 yards (2.2 yards per carry) and no rushing TDs.

Mahomes last season in college he completed 388/591 (65.7%) for 5052 yards, 41 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He rushed 131 times for 285 yards (2.2 yards per carry) and 12 rushing TDs.

Love's previous years were better but he is just not faintly close to a guy like Mahomes.

YIKES

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

In one of what will be 10 million mocks, the Athletic has us taking: 10. Los Angeles Chargers — Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

Herbert is a perplexing prospect around the league. Some believe he will be a top-10 pick while others wouldn’t touch him in the first round. How Herbert does throughout the process in his meetings with NFL evaluators will be crucial. The Chargers are expected to be one of the teams doing extensive work on the quarterback class.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                  Love has a poor TD to pick ratio. He loves to play hero ball, which gets him into trouble a lot. Oops, now, where have we seen THAT before? PASS...

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

I’m willing to gamble on Love (as high as 3rd perhaps) but he is going to be a trie project between the ears.

I wouldn’t count on him being a starting qb any time soon.
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      In one of what will be 10 million mocks, the Athletic has us taking: 10. Los Angeles Chargers — Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

Herbert is a perplexing prospect around the league. Some believe he will be a top-10 pick while others wouldn’t touch him in the first round. How Herbert does throughout the process in his meetings with NFL evaluators will be crucial. The Chargers are expected to be one of the teams doing extensive work on the quarterback class.
                      He isn't a first rounder in my view either. His stats are very decieving.

Love,..... Don't want him. We already have Stick who is comparable , and maybe has more potential. Dont see starting potential in Love.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-13-2019, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        I’m willing to gamble on Love (as high as 3rd perhaps) but he is going to be a trie project between the ears.

I wouldn’t count on him being a starting qb any time soon.
                        That sounds about right...maybe 4rth round.

He reminds me of Paxton Lynch....expected to go with the first read much of the time.
                        He lacks primarily Mahome's arm strength and awareness.

I think the odds are against him being a long term answer as starter.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

There is a very good chance that, in spite of his poor TD to INT ratio this year, Jordan Love gets overdrafted.

Upside will be emphasized, and previous performance.

Numerous teams will be looking for the next Lamar...will the Chargers be one of them ?

We would run a different offense from Rivers, with Tyrod leading the teansition.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X