• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He has the Chargers at #10 taking the Oregon QB.

and, this will make wu-dai puke, the patriots taking Wirfs at #30
    Bless his heart.
    McShay makes me want to vomit convulsively.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

There is also talk that Andrew Thomas is unrefined.

Jedrick Wills is rising too late.

I'll let you take the heat for not going Oline @ ~ #9.

:runaway:
      D. Brown, A. Thomas, Isaiah Simmons are my cluster currently.

I do not see any real talent, fundamentals, technique , or production difference with Wirfs, Niang, Durant.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

RT Tristan Wirfs * run blocker, meanasty, good get off, feet without the quickness, trouble w/outside speed, upside w/skill set to become solid in pass pro, physical/strong, hoss/mauler, doesn’t lose outside edge often, gets help from TE @times, athletic freak, wrestler, explosive, may return to school, engulfs defenders, bulldozer, has some Cody Ford to his game, top ten talent, stout, Tyron Smith mention/compare

LT Lucas Niang * projection/developmental prospect, some funk to his technique, needs technical development/refinement, too upright, poor footwork, leads to off balance (pass) sets, NFL starter, scrapper that can anchor, more effort than natural power, third round

RT Yasir Durant * susceptible to inside counters, short yardage mauler, upside

have stopped taking notes, albeit am impressed that you are sticking w/your guys Ninja.... am also willing to give you the benefit of the doubt w/your Hurts day 3 prognostication (keep 'em coming

and not wishing to trade up for an OT, altho can appreciate the sentiment.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          RT Tristan Wirfs * run blocker, meanasty, good get off, feet without the quickness, trouble w/outside speed, upside w/skill set to become solid in pass pro, physical/strong, hoss/mauler, doesn’t lose outside edge often, gets help from TE @times, athletic freak, wrestler, explosive, may return to school, engulfs defenders, bulldozer, has some Cody Ford to his game, top ten talent, stout, Tyron Smith mention/compare

LT Lucas Niang * projection/developmental prospect, some funk to his technique, needs technical development/refinement, too upright, poor footwork, leads to off balance (pass) sets, NFL starter, scrapper that can anchor, more effort than natural power, third round

RT Yasir Durant * susceptible to inside counters, short yardage mauler, upside

have stopped taking notes, albeit am impressed that you are sticking w/your guys Ninja.... am also willing to give you the benefit of the doubt w/your Hurts day 3 prognostication (keep 'em coming

and not wishing to trade up for an OT, altho can appreciate the sentiment.

Whoever you quoted about Niang sees things I do not. He has given up under 45 total pressures and 1 sack in his 4 year playing (3 starting) college career. Sack coming in year uno. Handled both Chase Young and Nick Bosa for a total of 1 pressure and 0 sacks in 2018. Niang did have a hip surgery this season so injury must be taken into account.

Yasir does have issues with quick inside moves and inside spin counter to a initial burst upfield rush. His inside hand placement/position and right foot down step need to be developed. Which returning SEC OT had the fewest pressures in 2018? Not A. Thomas (11) but Yasir Durant (8).

All 3 have solid anchors, good to great run blockers, possess length/ girth/ power. Yasir is the only 1 of the 3 that has experience @LOT (3 years).
          Last edited by like54ninjas; 12-17-2019, 12:55 PM. Reason: Added info
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Silversurfer
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Los Angeles
            • Send PM

I don’t want Rivers teaching anybody to change plays the way he does or even what he sees because it has become pretty clear that he doesn’t understand what he sees anymore.

My thoughts exactly! What is he going to teach how to change from a run blitz to a pass? Green 80 Green 80 set hut....Rivers strikes me as someone who doesnt share information anyway when it comes to mentoring but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

D. Brown, A. Thomas, Isaiah Simmons are my cluster currently.

I do not see any real talent, fundamentals, technique , or production difference with Wirfs, Niang, Durant.
              I would trust you have seen more of Wirfs and the others than I...but if what you say is true, no reason to pick a tackle till the second, Cuz Thomas will be gone...and there isn't enough difference in the next tier to justify a reach....one of those guys will be there in the second.

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Hurts will still be there on day 3
                Wow, so no improvement over Stick then, we shouldn’t bother.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

CBS Sports recent mock has us taking Simmons at #9, with an early run on O-Line. So, CBS agrees with Wood's belief that the top 3 OT's will be gone by the time we pick:

image.png
                  image.png

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ayer-in-class/
                  Last edited by Topcat; 12-17-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Makes sense those OL going off the board so early.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Makes sense those OL going off the board so early.
                      Yep...hope it's not a repeat of the 2013 draft, when the top 3 OT's went early, then TT reached for Fluker at #11...meanwhile, Star and Sheldon Richardson were right there...if the top OT's are gone, draft IDL or possibly that Simmons pick to bolster our LB corps and tackling...then trade back into late round 1 for someone like Leatherneck...though I might consider Biadez at #9...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

My thoughts exactly! What is he going to teach how to change from a run blitz to a pass? Green 80 Green 80 set hut....Rivers strikes me as someone who doesnt share information anyway when it comes to mentoring but I could be wrong.
                        Lol, I'd say your dead wrong and have no clue what a QB does at the line.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Wasn’t he signed for $9m? And isn’t it injury protected?
                          Mike Pouncey contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Comment

Working...
                          X