• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why would you think Cincy would ever pass on taking him?
    Because CIN is a bad organization just like Chargers..... and they make bad long term decisions..... They might take the Ohio state DE......... They also might love Tua, who some(even some on this board) say they like better then Burrow......

If Chargers lose tomorrow we will be high enough for CIN to take Tua and let him learn behind the red headed rifle......

So maybe 2 or 3 first rounders would get them to make the trade?

The worst part of it is that MIA has more to offer than anyone..... and knowing the way the Chargers usually get screwed, like when we offered 3 first rounders for Elway, that Colts instead traded Elway to our rivals, DEN for less than Chargers offered........ and NE, PIT, MIA, JAX, TB, INDY, and maybe others will be in the mix wanting the greatest QB prospect in years ...... Burrow.... 7 TD's in first half of a major bowl game is not bad production.......

Is Rivers a FA as soon as the KC game is over? or do we have time to sign and trade him?

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Because Burrow will be just an average qb in the NFL.

3 years after cincy drafts burrow they will still post a 4-12 record.

Chargers can tank in 2020, post a 2-14 record and draft Trevor Lawrence in 2021.

Lawrence will be a much better qb than burrow in the nfl.

Mark it down.
      you have that backwards........ Lawrence is a runner who can throw...... Burrow is a great, accurate, passer who can lead and run when needed....... Burrow is by far better than Lawrence and is a class act...... character wise......

What makes you think Burrow will suddenly become a bad QB in pros?..... any QB playing for CIN might suck because the organization is bad...... Burrow will be the next rtruely great long term QB in NFL......

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Hurts intrigued me...I was hoping to see more from him. I think I have seen enough. I guess it's Herbert or 2021...I'm starting to think 2021. I hope Tua decides to return to school, and has a great year, making next years class ultra rich, and upping the chances we can land a good one.
        Thing is, if we go like 12-4 next season , we are back to trading a bunch of picks to get Tua or Lawrence, etc in the top 5.
        We are already drafting top 10 this year. If we lose, perhaps 6th.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Is Rivers a FA as soon as the KC game is over?
          No, at the beginning of the NFL year, soon after the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Because Burrow will be just an average qb in the NFL.

3 years after cincy drafts burrow they will still post a 4-12 record.

Chargers can tank in 2020, post a 2-14 record and draft Trevor Lawrence in 2021.

Lawrence will be a much better qb than burrow in the nfl.

Mark it down.
            Don't think I'll agree with that. Nothing against Lawrence but this year Burrow has been much better than Lawrence and it's not close.

However, I would draft Lawrence in 2021 but I don't see us being bad next year to have a shot and would have to give up even more to trade up for him.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

8 Touchdowns by Burrow so far........ and most of second half to go....... that is insane to do that against Oklahoma ....... ranked number 4 with supposedly a good defense .....

Hurts will not be a good NFL QB.........

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thing is, if we go like 12-4 next season , we are back to trading a bunch of picks to get Tua or Lawrence, etc in the top 5.
                We are already drafting top 10 this year. If we lose, perhaps 6th.
                Agree, this will be our best opportunity and Burrow will be a great NFL QB for next 15+ years...... this is the time to sacrifice future picks and or players to get a great QB......

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why would you think Cincy would ever pass on taking him?
                  Because some here want to give up the farm for him. It would be a no brainer for them

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

Burrows 8 tds (1 from rushing) 455 yds 3rd quarter

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

you have that backwards........ Lawrence is a runner who can throw...... Burrow is a great, accurate, passer who can lead and run when needed....... Burrow is by far better than Lawrence and is a class act...... character wise......

What makes you think Burrow will suddenly become a bad QB in pros?..... any QB playing for CIN might suck because the organization is bad...... Burrow will be the next rtruely great long term QB in NFL......
                      Because he shreds a horrible Big 12 defense? Mahomes did this every week with one quarter the talent of what Burrows has to work with.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Because some here want to give up the farm for him. It would be a no brainer for them
                        Yep, they need more than a QB and maybe they think getting extra first round picks and drafting Herbert instead is better for them.

Comment

• Classic
                          Hall Of Fame
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Send PM

Because CIN is a bad organization just like Chargers..... and they make bad long term decisions..... They might take the Ohio state DE......... They also might love Tua, who some(even some on this board) say they like better then Burrow......

If Chargers lose tomorrow we will be high enough for CIN to take Tua and let him learn behind the red headed rifle......

So maybe 2 or 3 first rounders would get them to make the trade?

The worst part of it is that MIA has more to offer than anyone..... and knowing the way the Chargers usually get screwed, like when we offered 3 first rounders for Elway, that Colts instead traded Elway to our rivals, DEN for less than Chargers offered........ and NE, PIT, MIA, JAX, TB, INDY, and maybe others will be in the mix wanting the greatest QB prospect in years ...... Burrow.... 7 TD's in first half of a major bowl game is not bad production.......

Is Rivers a FA as soon as the KC game is over? or do we have time to sign and trade him?
                          I think you want then to pass on Burrow more than there being any real reason they would. Could they be interested in a huge bundle of picks and players? I could see it but as of now Bengals have to be penciled in to take Burrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X