• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    I believe that three QB's will be off the board when we pick. Do you want to use that pick on the 4th best QB or the top OT?
    OT, please.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Andrew Thomas come on down!

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

and i was using Kingsbury's body of work in college and comparing it to Rodgers...neat trick ay! He fared quite well.
        You weren't comparing Burrows to Rodgers, you were just comparing his body of work...which is kind of useless. Johnny Manziel put up great numbers, even won a Heisman, probably smoked a few joints in his day too. Do you want to compare Burrow with Manziel?

Now, if you told me about how Burrow reminds you of Rodgers, that actually would be of some use....we could disagree, but you would start projecting his abilities into the NFL.

The rest of your response i need to decipher...give me a day.
        He does not remind me of Rodgers lol....
        but I do like his Demeaner and his calmness. Don't seem to get rattled.

He will have a learning curve no matter where he goes but I do think he is the best QB prospect this year.

We are picking 6th and to me if it's between him and say Herbert,. .I don't mind trading up with picks to get him than settle for Herbert. I just think Burrow is going to be a lot better.

The Bengals may not want to trade the pick but hey, maybe they also love Herbert and Tua. You never know what other GMs see in other players and they just might settle for Herbert while also getting some picks. It's the Bengals!

Hec I didn't see what Al Davis saw in JaMarcus or what the Ravens saw in Boller. Same about Jax with Gabbart so anything is possible.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
          So Eason in the 2nd?
          Eason won't make it to the 2nd round. He's a better prospect than Daniel Jones, who God Almighty went in the top 10.

Burrow, Tua & Herbert will push him back.

I'm assuming that Eason has his head screwed on straight of course.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Eason won't make it to the 2nd round. He's a better prospect than Daniel Jones, who God Almighty went in the top 10.

Burrow, Tua & Herbert will push him back.

I'm assuming that Eason has his head screwed on straight of course.
            I don’t think he lasts until our pick at 37 either, but 6 is way too high for him. That leads to some wild chance taking. If you let Rivers walk and are counting on drafting our QB of the future this year, what if the ones you want are gone before you get a chance at them? Get stuck with Taylor and no future at QB would be devastating.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

But pitching is also way more suspect around the division than it was...good things from Davies and hopefully Pomeranz bounces back.

But of course in Tatis I trust and I'm hoping that snowballs into better years for Machado and Hosmer. I actually even like the pick up of Profar as Kinsler's replacement. Even though he can't field at all or hit for average, he has a ton of pop off the bench.
              Kinsler was a waste at the plate. Profar don't sound much better. Another question mark. The Padres going .500 would be an improvement but now they are late in their projection from 2016 to be competitive in three years...which is this year.

Not sure I'm buying it and if they aren't, Preller will get canned. But i am happy the owners want to win. Moore's didn't and .glad Green was fired. He sucked but was hoping for an experienced Manager.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He does not remind me of Rodgers lol....
                but I do like his Demeaner and his calmness. Don't seem to get rattled.

He will have a learning curve no matter where he goes but I do think he is the best QB prospect this year.

We are picking 6th and to me if it's between him and say Herbert,. .I don't mind trading up with picks to get him than settle for Herbert. I just think Burrow is going to be a lot better.

The Bengals may not want to trade the pick but hey, maybe they also love Herbert and Tua. You never know what other GMs see in other players and they just might settle for Herbert while also getting some picks. It's the Bengals!

Hec I didn't see what Al Davis saw in JaMarcus or what the Ravens saw in Boller. Same about Jax with Gabbart so anything is possible.
                Actually, he reminds me more of Peyton Manning - in his mechanics (not when he breaks the pocket). Manning's game was as much in his head.... maybe Burrow has that.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
                  The FREAKInG Browns had more wins than the Chargers LMAO are you shitting me ? My word what a mess .The Cleveland Browns who fired a first year coach who won more games than our third year coach .no wonder why no one cares about the Chargers in LA .
                  And the Browns had the courage to fire their first year coach who won 6 games, will the Chargers who won 5 games fire their third year (26-22) coach?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don’t think he lasts until our pick at 37 either, but 6 is way too high for him. That leads to some wild chance taking. If you let Rivers walk and are counting on drafting our QB of the future this year, what if the ones you want are gone before you get a chance at them? Get stuck with Taylor and no future at QB would be devastating.
                    Trade down grab Eason with first pick and stock up on o line with the extrta pick?Also grab a WR and RB to help him out.Just spitballin.

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

And the Browns had the courage to fire their first year coach who won 6 games, will the Chargers who won 5 games fire their third year (26-22) coach?
                      Dont forget the GM...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

I wanted to see more of Arizona State WR Brandon Aiyuk in the Sun Bowl. Unfortunately, he is sitting out to prep for the Draft. I have him penciled in @ 39. Details to follow.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Trade down grab Eason with first pick and stock up on o line with the extrta pick?Also grab a WR and RB to help him out.Just spitballin.
                          Trade down to where? What spot do you trade down to and feel confident, no, certain you still get him? Who is trading up and paying premium that doesn’t need or want a QB (the most common but obviously not the only reason a team wants to trade up to high first round).
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X