Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thing is, if we go like 12-4 next season , we are back to trading a bunch of picks to get Tua or Lawrence, etc in the top 5.
    We are already drafting top 10 this year. If we lose, perhaps 6th.
    Thing is, if we go 12-4 next year, fucking A!!! LOL...I get what you are saying, though...maybe we aren't horrible again for awhile, and won't be in a position to nab a blue chip QB...not without trading picks...
    So do you think we should take our shot this year...? But who? I like Herbert....I do....but he has got some stuff to prove in the last bowl game, and throughout the process leading up to the draft...but if he does, then you have the risk of Miami taking him, or someone jumping over us to take him. Too bad about Tua getting hurt...takes some of the value out of our 6th pick...whether we wanted him or not.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Because he shreds a horrible Big 12 defense? Mahomes did this every week with one quarter the talent of what Burrows has to work with.
      He has shredded every defense this year...including Alabama's.

Hurts hasn't hasn't been awful. His WRs have dropped a few balls and he has been under a lot of pressure.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Because some here want to give up the farm for him. It would be a no brainer for them
        it should be a no brainer for any team to take Burrow....... but things happen...... some bad organizations falsely think that having s bunch of picks is better than one super star...... Look how Chargers wasted they 3 first round picks in '83 when we lost out on getting Elway?...... we also passed on Marino perfect Fouts clone with even stronger arm..... bad organizations do stupid things

The Chargers should make the trade but odds are if a trade were made it would be MIA, NE, or Steelers...... or can you imagine that NO makes a blockbuster trade of picks plus their backup QB? Imagine Burrow playing for aggressive Sean Payton?... they might average 40+ points per game.......

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

I think you want then to pass on Burrow more than there being any real reason they would. Could they be interested in a huge bundle of picks and players? I could see it but as of now Bengals have to be penciled in to take Burrow.
          I agree with that..... i am wishful..... and the sliver of a chance is that we are not talking about a great organization like NE, PIT, DEN, KC, SF,...... those organizations would NEVER pass on a great QB...... CIN or SD might......

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Thing is, if we go 12-4 next year, fucking A!!! LOL...I get what you are saying, though...maybe we aren't horrible again for awhile, and won't be in a position to nab a blue chip QB...not without trading picks...
            So do you think we should take our shot this year...? But who? I like Herbert....I do....but he has got some stuff to prove in the last bowl game, and throughout the process leading up to the draft...but if he does, then you have the risk of Miami taking him, or someone jumping over us to take him. Too bad about Tua getting hurt...takes some of the value out of our 6th pick...whether we wanted him or not.
            Problem is we cannot waste any picks on iffy guys like Hurts, Herbert, etc......Herbert has accuracy and decision making issues(he is like the BUF QB, Allen....beware of talented QB's with mental issues....) Tua is a massive injury waiting to happen he has already had like 5 surgeries...... Burrow is a true once a decade or so nearly cant miss bluechip pro style QB......

Comment

• PR#1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Don't think I'll agree with that. Nothing against Lawrence but this year Burrow has been much better than Lawrence and it's not close.

However, I would draft Lawrence in 2021 but I don't see us being bad next year to have a shot and would have to give up even more to trade up for him.
              Keep in mind that your comparing a sophomore to a senior.

Lawrence has a much higher upside and ceiling than burrow.

Give Lawrence another year. As a junior he will be better than Burrow as a senior.

Let's watch the Ohio state game and see.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Keep in mind that your comparing a sophomore to a senior.

Lawrence has a much higher upside and ceiling than burrow.

Give Lawrence another year. As a junior he will be better than Burrow as a senior.

Let's watch the Ohio state game and see.
                I understand he is a sophomore but I don't see him being a lot better than Burrow. Burrow has had one of the best NCAA seasons for a QB ever.

Can be be as good? Sure, I'd agree with that but don't see him being a lot better as you say.

Needless to say id be happy with either but just think we will be better next season, perhaps make the playoffs again and trading up for Lawrence will be even more expensive than it would be this year.for Burrow

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Perfect long throw by Hurts, ....is dropped by his WR Lamb

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Fucking love Dobbins.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Fucking love Dobbins.
                        Is round two too early ?
                        I see a perfect fit.
                        AL type RB.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Perfect long throw by Hurts, ....is dropped by his WR Lamb
                          Perfect.
                          Make him a Charger.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X