• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If those are the comps, I take Ruggs. We need speed.

hopkins is a great receiver but Keenan fills that role well for us. We need burners
    I would agree.....Chargers have 2 really good possession receivers...... we need our 3rd, 4th, 5th WR's to be blazing fast.....guys who can go deep run reverses, end arounds and take short passes to the house...... and can make quick moves in short areas like red zone.....

its good that this is a deep WR draft....... we can teach catching, route running, blocking, etc..... burt speed cannot be taught...... and speed kills...

KC and SF have some of the fastest players in NFL......

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Some good takes on the top WRs. I agree with his take on Jeudy. Best route runner. Best combo of speed and routes is probably Lamb. Best speed, routes and hands probably Ruggs imo. I like him complimenting the 2 studs we have. I think if we draft a WR at 6 it signals the end for Allen after this year.

​​​​​https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2...rs-who-is-wr1/
      Those WR's all look good and would help chargers, but hopefully we dont draft any WR in the first round....... WR is one of least important positions on a football team...... first round WR's are for teams that are already loaded everywhere else.......

The teams that draft WR's or RB's at the top of the draft usually get a great WR or RB, BUT they usually hav e a losing team......

The best teams use first round to get elite talent at the most important positions on a football team:

QB
      DL (pass rushers to kill the other teams QB)
      OL (to protect that elite QB)
      CB (after you have a pass rush and protected QB and great CB's are hard to find)

after the above are covered then you grab:
      If you have great players in the above positions, then you can fill out the following with solid to great players.......QB's make the WR's...... OL's can make average RB's very good.....

great LBers
      great safeties
      great TE's
      great WR's
      great RB's

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Many mocks have KC taking D'Andre Swift @ 31,32.

The idea is to challenge defenses with overwhelming weapons.

Do you have sufficient depth at DB ?

I would never, ever draft solely based upon PON in the top ten.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

If I’m a KC fan that’s a dream scenario
          regardless of what happens Sunday, they would be the prohibitive favorites in 2021 with Swift
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Those WR's all look good and would help chargers, but hopefully we dont draft any WR in the first round....... WR is one of least important positions on a football team...... first round WR's are for teams that are already loaded everywhere else.......

The teams that draft WR's or RB's at the top of the draft usually get a great WR or RB, BUT they usually hav e a losing team......

The best teams use first round to get elite talent at the most important positions on a football team:

QB
            DL (pass rushers to kill the other teams QB)
            OL (to protect that elite QB)
            CB (after you have a pass rush and protected QB and great CB's are hard to find)

after the above are covered then you grab:
            If you have great players in the above positions, then you can fill out the following with solid to great players.......QB's make the WR's...... OL's can make average RB's very good.....

great LBers
            great safeties
            great TE's
            great WR's
            great RB's
            add in a great line-clogging immovable Interior DT to stop gettng mauled and make opponents actually try to pass, hopefully 3rd and long, and i'm on board.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

I give you our new OC...........CESAR RUIZ

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Gabe Davis is the real deal and as complete a WR I’ve scouted in the last 4 years. Big time player.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

When i see some of these guys being listed in the 20-40 range its pretty telling to me. Not that these rankings are accurate. But there are at least 30 really solid WRs in this draft. Id add 2. Inside and Outside. Get a big poseesion type. And a slot. This is how you replenish a position group. Target a drafts deepest position and take from it. I thought 2017 was deep. I was all over Godwin and Kupp. I was shocked we took Mike. You dont have to use a 1st on stud skill guys. You just have to know what value is there in the mid rounds. And expect it t happen in a deep draft at a certain position group.

If Telesco goes WR and then a OT in the 3rd i will personally take his head. If we dont go the free agent route....and he doesnt take an OL in the 1st 2 rounds.....thats insanity.

I could do better building the roster if thats all hes got. And im just a fan. lol

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

When i see some of these guys being listed in the 20-40 range its pretty telling to me. Not that these rankings are accurate. But there are at least 30 really solid WRs in this draft. Id add 2. Inside and Outside. Get a big poseesion type. And a slot. This is how you replenish a position group. Target a drafts deepest position and take from it. I thought 2017 was deep. I was all over Godwin and Kupp. I was shocked we took Mike. You dont have to use a 1st on stud skill guys. You just have to know what value is there in the mid rounds. And expect it t happen in a deep draft at a certain position group.

If Telesco goes WR and then a OT in the 3rd i will personally take his head. If we dont go the free agent route....and he doesnt take an OL in the 1st 2 rounds.....thats insanity.

I could do better building the roster if thats all hes got. And im just a fan. lol
                    ✌️Spot on Fleet.
                    The WR class is exceptionally deep. Draft 2 and prioritize WR with the UFDAs as there will be talent that doesn’t get drafted.
                    Denzel Mims and Gabe Davis are 2 of my favorite WR prospects this year.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Many mocks have KC taking D'Andre Swift @ 31,32.

The idea is to challenge defenses with overwhelming weapons.

Do you have sufficient depth at DB ?

I would never, ever draft solely based upon PON in the top ten.
                      Agreed...unless its QB.

The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                        I give you our new OC...........CESAR RUIZ

I love Cesar Ruiz. I remember when he was being mocked in the 5th round. That ain't happening anymore. Now he's in the 2nd and 3rd... that's more like it. I still like Cushenberry better. But it's fairly close.
                        Last edited by Boltnut; 01-30-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

I agree......... M. Williams is a very good monster sized WR and i like him as a player and person, but Chargers had major needs on OL, DL, CB, S, LBer, RB, WR......... and we could have drafted a good to good to great WR later in draft..... you dont draft WR's or RB's high in first round unless your QB, OL, DL, CB's, Safeties, and Lbers are elite...... first round WR's and RB's are luxury picks...... after you have done everything else right.....

I think Rivers with his quick decision making and very quick release spoiled TT and Chargers brass to think they could exist with a very mediocre OL...... sometimes Rivers could make that work but last year it reached the end of the rope...... a QB can step up if it is just the OT's who suck but many times the pressure came right up the middle ...... leaving Rivers no choice but to take sack or dump ball off to a covered RB for no gain or a loss..... Teams were smart enough to cover the dump offs when they blitzed knowing our OL could never pick up blitz so Rivers could burn them deep.......

Comment

Working...
                          X