Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I have QB, OG as priorities. Definirely a RB but not a 1st-2nd pick. Receiver, TE talent should always be in consideration. Still want DT talent.
    Not doggin on you bro...but QB, to me, just can't be a priority. I hope we don't say "We gotta come outta the first round with a QB, it's time...". If the right guy is there, and I mean a guy that meets all their expectations...you should probably pull the trigger. But after Burrows, who is there? Tua is a risk...is that the guy you really want? Does Herbert have it? Do you want to reform your whole offense around Hurts?

If it's time to make the choice, make the right one...trade up if you have to, within reason. Otherwise, continue to build the team and maybe try to build future draft capitol to make your move in 2021 or later.

Don't spend a first or second round pick on a guy, just because the value might be there. Either he fits or doesn't...and if he does, don't gamble...just get him.

Disclaimer...that doesn't mean trade 3 1st round picks for Joe, to some of you rabid Burrows fans....
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      Between the draft order top 8 teams right now.
      I could see a scenario of them all passing on O-line prospects.
      2 QBs, 1 WR and 5 Defensive players.

1.QB-Burrow - CIN
      2.DE-Young - NYG
      3.QB-Herbert - MIA
      4.WR-Jeudy - WAS
      5.DT-Brown - DET
      6.LB-Simmons - ARI
      7.CB-Okudah - NYJ
      8.DE-Epenesa - JAX

And if any of the above teams do pick an O-lineman or another player off the board.
      Then 1 of these 8 prospects drops to LAC.
      Still would prefer Chargers pay the price to get the #1 pick.

MIA, WAS, ARI and NYJ are prime candidates to take OTs Wirfs, Thomas and Wills.

Our way too early clusta should include
      Okudah, Jeudy, Simmons, Lamb and Epenesa.

Do we want an elite WR#3 for Taylor to throw to or one more top tier defender to put our D over the top ?

I keep seeing a major problem with lack of inside push,
      and Bosa/Ingram going to waste.

Epenesa can set the EDGE in base D (very important with RPO, mobile QBs,) and kick inside too. I like this guy. He spends a lot of time in opponents backfields.

It's going to come down to assessing talent level.

What a bummer about OTs...I would take any of these three, Wirfs, Thomas or Wills in a heartbeat.

SMH. PR has to retire to give us cap room to go get, say, Conklin. Move Tevi to ORG.

This is it...on to 2020.

Can they even recognize a high end post when they see it ?

Last edited by wu-dai clan; 12-16-2019, 06:55 PM.
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        O line O line O line.Betting on the health of Okung and Pouncey is dangerous as we are now witnessing.Betting on vastly improved play by Tevi,Feeney and the likes is suicidal.Again for the cheap seats,o line.
        Agree 100%...TT, if u are still there in April, OT in round 1 please, then OG in rounds 2-3...can't count on Okung or Pouncey to be healthy...hope they are, but still question marks...Q-berry looks serviceable at center if Pouncey goes down...

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

@Wu-dai clan
          I agree with you. Those teams could use o line. Lots of team could use help there. I'm just pointing out there are other BPA worthy top picks. And those team have other needs as well.

Another thing is Free Agency, so depending on what they do there, it may influence the draft decision.

And of course there are the draft day trades into the top 10 and out of top 10.

The Chargers could end up at pick 7,8,9 and have every top o lineman on the board available. And Tua.

Again, my preference is trade up to #1 and draft Burrow.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

MIA, WAS, ARI and NYJ are prime candidates to take OTs Wirfs, Thomas and Wills.

Our way too early clusta should include
            Okudah, Jeudy, Simmons, Lamb and Epenesa.

Do we want an elite WR#3 for Taylor to throw to or one more top tier defender to put our D over the top ?

I keep seeing a major problem with lack of inside push,
            and Bosa/Ingram going to waste.

Epenesa can set the EDGE in base D (very important with RPO, mobile QBs,) and kick inside too. I like this guy. He spends a lot of time in opponents backfields.

It's going to come down to assessing talent level.

What a bummer about OTs...I would take any of these three, Wirfs, Thomas or Wills in a heartbeat.

SMH. PR has to retire to give us cap room to go get, say, Conklin. Move Tevi to ORG.

This is it...on to 2020.

Can they even recognize a high end post when they see it ?
            Glad to see yer working on yer famous Wood Clustas...a question though...shouldn't that way too early clusta include Wirfs, Thomas and Wills? How about this for a revised Clusta:

Wirfs--yes, if he's there, pick him

Thomas--yes, no brainer--if he's there, pull the trigger

Wills--would consider, but one of knocks on him is his footwork might be a bit slow in pass pro

Simmons--if Wirfs and Thomas are gone, I would strongly consider picking him. If Simmons and either Wirfs or Thomas are both or all there--tough dilemma, because we need IDL help bad. I might consider picking Simmons with top pick, then hope someone like Leatherwood drops to us in round 2--OR, trade up, back into the end of round 1 to snag him.

Okudah--no doubting the talent is there, and CB is an area of need, but I rate O-line and IDL as much higher areas of need. PASS

Jeudy--Yes, we could use a solid 3rd WR along with KA AND Mike Will, but don't want to spend a first rounder on one. Should be decent wideouts in mid rounds. PASS.

Lamb--Same as Jeudy...PASS

Epenesa--He's a DE and we need a DT or NT more than DT...If Thomas, Wirfs and Simmons are all gone, might consider. Depends on how high Bolts have Wills rated compared to Epenesa and other talent still on the board.

Good job, Wood, getting the ball rolling. Looking forward to yer round 2/late round 1 trade up Clusta!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

@Wu-dai clan
              I agree with you. Those teams could use o line. Lots of team could use help there. I'm just pointing out there are other BPA worthy top picks. And those team have other needs as well.

Another thing is Free Agency, so depending on what they do there, it may influence the draft decision.

And of course there are the draft day trades into the top 10 and out of top 10.

The Chargers could end up at pick 7,8,9 and have every top o lineman on the board available. And Tua.

Again, my preference is trade up to #1 and draft Burrow.
              Cool takes Critty.
              One thing I wanna say about the idea of Rivers sticking around to mentor somebody.
              That is not Phil's style.
              Also, he is a unique QB.
              Any noobie would require their own offense, distinctly different from what Rivers has done a these years.

Can anyone really picture Rivers teaching an instinctive, mobile QB how to do it ?

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Cool takes Critty.
                One thing I wanna say about the idea of Rivers sticking around to mentor somebody.
                That is not Phil's style.
                Also, he is a unique QB.
                Any noobie would require their own offense, distinctly different from what Rivers has done a these years.

Can anyone really picture Rivers teaching an instinctive, mobile QB how to do it ?
                Yep. Also, I don't really like the idea of PR mentoring a rook about the joys of slinging the rock deep into coverage for picks...the main area where Phil could be a big help for a rook would be recognizing defenses, calling audibles, etc. However, I wouldn't want the rook to overdo this, and especially, to let the clock tick down to one second before the snap...

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

No. Not how to play it when they have different mobility skills in the toolbox.
                  But I think he can help a lot in regard to being a professional. In film study. And talk about what he saw and why he changes the play at the line. Just a bunch of tidbits of knowledge he knows from dozens of years of experience.

Alex Smith was a game manager.
                  Mahomes is not. He is a baller.
                  But I likes that Reid sat Mahomes for a year to watch.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

But I think he can help a lot in regard to being a professional. In film study. And talk about what he saw and why he changes the play at the line. Just a bunch of tidbits of knowledge he knows from dozens of years of experience.

Good points.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Bless your hearts with your draft clustas and high hopes

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Agree 100%...TT, if u are still there in April, OT in round 1 please, then OG in rounds 2-3...can't count on Okung or Pouncey to be healthy...hope they are, but still question marks...Q-berry looks serviceable at center if Pouncey goes down...
                        I'm thinking we already have Pouncey's replacement. Also thinking Pouncey may not be back. Neck injuries for a OL are no joke.....but we don't know the extent of it.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

I don’t want Rivers teaching anybody to change plays the way he does or even what he sees because it has become pretty clear that he doesn’t understand what he sees anymore.

Comment

Working...
                          X