Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    The Rivers ball-licking is as bad as the Brees ball-licking was, that’s what’s sad. I so wanted both to succeed here, and neither did. Moving on.

So I’m down with an OT with our first pick, as long as we trade back up into the first for Hurts. Gotta build the lines, AND grab the next QB up. Make it happen, TT.
    Hurts will still be there on day 3
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I think if there is a run on the best 2 or 3 olineman, then Simmons, Brown,or Okuda will be there, and the smart decision would be to take one of them. Can't get on board with any WR, unless we have traded back. Maybe I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to be anybody that is truly special...Jeudy and Lamb just seem to be at the top of this years class. Same with the Edge guys...Chase excluded...not a remarkable class...some good football players, but not what we want to spend a low first rounder on. Hell, I would take Biadasz or the kid from OK(Humphrey?) before I would take a WR.

But we are all just speculating with little information...as the off season develops, free agency may change everything.

The season is over, and that pretty much sucks...but at least the offseason should be fun to debate about...lol...I'm sure there are gonna be a million spirited conversations concerning our favorite would be picks these next few months!
      Jeudy, Lamb (not Lamp !), Epenesa.
      Sounds like I am higher on them than you.

I would not draft IOL at 9 here.
      Biadasz has mobility concerns.
      Humphrey has lack of sand in his ass concerns.

I just realized we have left out Kristian Fulton, an elite, uber athletic Man Corner. This increases our chances of snagging an OT, as well as the fact that we might be selecting earlier.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Glad to see yer working on yer famous Wood Clustas...a question though...shouldn't that way too early clusta include Wirfs, Thomas and Wills? How about this for a revised Clusta:

Wirfs--yes, if he's there, pick him

Thomas--yes, no brainer--if he's there, pull the trigger

Wills--would consider, but one of knocks on him is his footwork might be a bit slow in pass pro

Simmons--if Wirfs and Thomas are gone, I would strongly consider picking him. If Simmons and either Wirfs or Thomas are both or all there--tough dilemma, because we need IDL help bad. I might consider picking Simmons with top pick, then hope someone like Leatherwood drops to us in round 2--OR, trade up, back into the end of round 1 to snag him.

Okudah--no doubting the talent is there, and CB is an area of need, but I rate O-line and IDL as much higher areas of need. PASS

Jeudy--Yes, we could use a solid 3rd WR along with KA AND Mike Will, but don't want to spend a first rounder on one. Should be decent wideouts in mid rounds. PASS.

Lamb--Same as Jeudy...PASS

Epenesa--He's a DE and we need a DT or NT more than DT...If Thomas, Wirfs and Simmons are all gone, might consider. Depends on how high Bolts have Wills rated compared to Epenesa and other talent still on the board.

Good job, Wood, getting the ball rolling. Looking forward to yer round 2/late round 1 trade up Clusta!
        I am concerned Wirfs, Thomas and Wills will all be gone. They are plug n play. Biadiasz is OL #4 for me and he is plug n play, but also a late round one prospect. A proverbial trade down would be interesting.

I scrutinize OL with detail. We need to get just the right piece or two, or we are only moving sideways. Does anyone want to bite on the idea of trading up a couple of spots for our OT ? These guys are much better than Fluker was. Last chance w/PR ?

It is implored that everyone take a deep look at this available Oline population. We need to make sound moves.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I am concerned Wirfs, Thomas and Wills will all be gone. They are plug n play. Biadiasz is OL #4 for me and he is plug n play, but also a late round one prospect. A proverbial trade down would be interesting.

I scrutinize OL with detail. We need to get just the right piece or two, or we are only moving sideways. Does anyone want to bite on the idea of trading up a couple of spots for our OT ? These guys are much better than Fluker was. Last chance w/PR ?

It is implored that everyone take a deep look at this available Oline population. We need to make sound moves.
          Some teams may be so QB hungry, some of those O-linemen may drop to us. McShay just came out with a new mock, and he has us picking at #10 overall, taking Herbert...and that OT trio drops to us...wouldn't that be nice?

image.png
          https://dknation.draftkings.com/nfl/...justin-herbert
          Last edited by Topcat; 12-17-2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Jeudy, Lamb (not Lamp !), Epenesa.
            Sounds like I am higher on them than you.

I would not draft IOL at 9 here.
            Biadasz has mobility concerns.
            Humphrey has lack of sand in his ass concerns.

I just realized we have left out Kristian Fulton, an elite, uber athletic Man Corner. This increases our chances of snagging an OT, as well as the fact that we might be selecting earlier.
            Yea...I put Fulton in the mix for sure...
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Some teams may be so QB hungry, some of those O-linemen may drop to us. McShay just came out with a new mock, and he has us picking at #4 overall, taking Herbert...and that OT trio drops to us...wouldn't that be nice?

image.png
              https://dknation.draftkings.com/nfl/...justin-herbert
              Not sure you read that right...he has a funny order there, but it clearly says #10 Chargers...least that is how I read it.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

We need an OL, no matter who comes in:

imagen.png
                Attached Files

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Not sure you read that right...he has a funny order there, but it clearly says #10 Chargers...least that is how I read it.
                  He has the Chargers at #10 taking the Oregon QB.

and, this will make wu-dai puke, the patriots taking Wirfs at #30

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Ok, my bad...saw Chargers listed 4th, but then saw #10...will update...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He has the Chargers at #10 taking the Oregon QB.

and, this will make wu-dai puke, the patriots taking Wirfs at #30
                      Hard to believe a good OT like Wirfs falling all the way to the end of round 1...but then, Derwin did fall all the way to #17...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

For all the top 10 talk about Wirfs, he has several flaws. Look at his game vs. Michigan this year even the Wisconsin game. Quick inside speed, speed2power redirects, stunt reco, and he quick sets often to win (this will get him in trouble in the NFL) all give him issues. He is a dominant run blocker and Finisher! He has decent feet, quality technique, stout anchor, enough length, powerful hand strike & grip strength. He will be a quality NFL OLINEMEN but is he a top 10 prospect this year? Have to see how my board plays out.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                          For all the top 10 talk about Wirfs, he has several flaws. Look at his game vs. Michigan this year even the Wisconsin game. Quick inside speed, speed2power redirects, stunt reco, and he quick sets often to win (this will get him in trouble in the NFL) all give him issues. He is a dominant run blocker and Finisher! He has decent feet, quality technique, stout anchor, enough length, powerful hand strike & grip strength. He will be a quality NFL OLINEMEN but is he a top 10 prospect this year? Have to see how my board plays out.
                          There is also talk that Andrew Thomas is unrefined.

Jedrick Wills is rising too late.

I'll let you take the heat for not going Oline @ ~ #9.

:runaway:

Comment

Working...
                          X