• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
    I think one should keep in mind that it is very much in Telesco & Lynn's interest to have the qb look good after parting with Rivers.

With the departure of Okung, i think the odds of getting an OT at #6 just went up dramatically

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I think one should keep in mind that it is very much in Telesco & Lynn's interest to have the qb look good after parting with Rivers.

With the departure of Okung, i think the odds of getting an OT at #6 just went up dramatically
      Just for the record, I have no problem with going OT at 6...I have what I believe are better ideas for that pick, but I would be OK with it, especially if we nabbed a QB they really like in the second or third...or even next year...

However, I don't think they roll that way. In TT's mind, I think he already has his LT. Some fans on here don't want to hear that, but it is very likely the truth. They haven't worked out or interviewed any of these rookies yet, so how would they know if they were willing to spend a first on a LT, or if they are confident any of them are gonna come right in and start at LT? And without that knowledge, they get rid of Okung? I think they got a plan in place for LT. Pipkens. JMO, unpopular it may be...

I think this organization is very high on Pipkens, and he has now had a year to get pro strong...and by accident or providence already has a good number of pro snaps under his belt, putting him ahead of schedule. In a draft full of QBs and Defensive stars at the top, and skill players throughout...I don't think oline is gonna be addressed early. Just a hunch...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

The evidence says that. I was just showing the facts.
        Some evidence says maybe. Other evidence has been on LAC roster the last 5 yrs. My is the result of watching LAC draft several undersized LB “hybrid” types and try to play them inside at LB with repeated poor result. In particular they are ineffective at standing up against a straight power attack. That could be talent more than just size, i don’t know. Hence i asked.

As much as beating Mahomes weighs on everyone’s mind, a defense will always have to be able to stop the rush. ILB, IDT ... gotta have a solid core up the center or that core will be abused and thats our current Front 7 weakness. If Simmons can play ILB, he’d be awesome and huge need. If he’s only suited for SS or Nickel cover - there is a better CB to pick in Okudah (sp?) and we don’t need a second all pro SS.

I suspect you’re right and he can - he’ll need to add a half-dozen lbs of muscle, which is normal shifting from NCAA to NFL. He has the frame to put it on and is so fast that he’ll still be very fast with more strength.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Some evidence says maybe. Other evidence has been on LAC roster the last 5 yrs. My is the result of watching LAC draft several undersized LB “hybrid” types and try to play them inside at LB with repeated poor result. In particular they are ineffective at standing up against a straight power attack. That could be talent more than just size, i don’t know. Hence i asked.

As much as beating Mahomes weighs on everyone’s mind, a defense will always have to be able to stop the rush. ILB, IDT ... gotta have a solid core up the center or that core will be abused and thats our current Front 7 weakness. If Simmons can play ILB, he’d be awesome and huge need. If he’s only suited for SS or Nickel cover - there is a better CB to pick in Okudah (sp?) and we don’t need a second all pro SS.

I suspect you’re right and he can - he’ll need to add a half-dozen lbs of muscle, which is normal shifting from NCAA to NFL. He has the frame to put it on and is so fast that he’ll still be very fast with more strength.
          I have seen positive comments from scouts and pundits.

Although he is obviously not a thumper ILB, Simmons is adept at using arm length plus technique to disengage from blockers.

Not to worry brah.

AL has elevated Perryman to elite Rayshawn status.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Just for the record, I have no problem with going OT at 6...I have what I believe are better ideas for that pick, but I would be OK with it, especially if we nabbed a QB they really like in the second or third...or even next year...

However, I don't think they roll that way. In TT's mind, I think he already has his LT. Some fans on here don't want to hear that, but it is very likely the truth. They haven't worked out or interviewed any of these rookies yet, so how would they know if they were willing to spend a first on a LT, or if they are confident any of them are gonna come right in and start at LT? And without that knowledge, they get rid of Okung? I think they got a plan in place for LT. Pipkens. JMO, unpopular it may be...

I think this organization is very high on Pipkens, and he has now had a year to get pro strong...and by accident or providence already has a good number of pro snaps under his belt, putting him ahead of schedule. In a draft full of QBs and Defensive stars at the top, and skill players throughout...I don't think oline is gonna be addressed early. Just a hunch...
            Still need a RT. Tevi and Scott aren't the answers.

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

Hope we get a LT in Free agency that way we can go get Simmons.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                San Diego Native
                • Feb 2019
                • Farmington, NM
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Still need a RT. Tevi and Scott aren't the answers.
                Tevi might make a good LG but reading the underdog article about Scott last off season was the only time he put a smile on my face. Watching Scott play caused me to squirm in my chair and visibly cringe every time Philip dropped back.

A lineup of LOT(FA, Pip, or #6), LOG(Tevi), C(Pouncey, Feeney, or QBerry), ROG(Turner), ROT(FA, #37, Pip, or Lamp) with non-starters as swing/depth would hopefully allow me to enjoy my nachos when Tyrod drops back.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Drafting Hurts takes a lot of pressure off the team and Hurts, too. A QB drafted at #6 will be expected to play very early. Hurts (who I really like and don't understand why he is not more highly regarded) drafted in the second round can sit and learn and not have all that hype and pressure. Sort of like Brees.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Tend to agree. Again I'll say,....Herbert threw a TON of 0-5 yard passes. Struggled with throws over 10-12 yards in games I watched.
                    Thx.... some people dont realize when i say stuff like that it is coming from listening to Sirius NFL radio all day long...... they bring on many QB long time QB coaches/gurus and they all say you cannot teach accuracy..... just like you cannot teach speed..... some people have it and most do not...... you can teach decision making..... etc.... but not accuracy...

some guys look more accurate if in NFL they start dumping ball off more and their completion percentage goes up.....and people falsely think that is better accuracy..... but that is about scheme, not arm talent...... completion percentage means nothing..... as do alot of stats like total yardage,,,, etc.....

Comment

• pigskin
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Southern Oregon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

The reality is there are ONLY 2 consistently accurate QB's in this draft....Burrow and Tua ..... period.....

Hebert has all the tools but no touch, and he consistently misses 2nd and 3rd reads ..... he should not be a first rounder(but teams desperate for QB's will; reach of they miss out on the sure fired top ones)...... Love can throw with touch and he can beat tight coverage, but he needs some great coaching..... not sure if he will ever become consistently good, but he is a much more natural passer than Hebert(and remember there has never been a great QB from that gimmick Oregon system.. many were drafted but they all failed in NFL)........ and he can throw on the run or from awkward positions...... but even though that similarity to mahomes is kind of true, it still does not mean he will be successful in NFL.....and not everyone thought mahomes would be great in NFL..... most didn't or he would have been drafted much higher or at #1....... Reid obviously did his homework....

remember mahomes is the only QB(lots of previous failures) from that gimmick texas tech super high scoring offense to actually do anything in NFL and we all know that Reid's brilliant simple system, along with a group of sub 4.4 speedy receivers and today's rules have helped make that work out..... and remember Reid used Alex Smith and chase daniels to dominate Chargers defense every time they have played..... so his system with all that speed is the biggest factor......

I wish Chargers had kept Rivers, but they chose not to pay him big money on a tag to contract so he is gone...... now we have to find a new QB to lead the franchise for the next 15 years..... we have no choice ...... we either need to trade up or gamble that hebert to Love will somehow greatly improve in NFL....... I say trading up has far better odds of success.....
                      Oregon changed its system two years ago with the hire of Mario Critstobal as the HC. Yes there are still a lot of WR screens and short passes as with most college teams, but it is much more conventional then it used to be when Mariota was there.

Comment

• pigskin
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Southern Oregon
                        • Send PM

Justin Herbert

Distance (Usage Rate) Left Outside Left Middle Right Middle Right Outside Total
                        20+ (16.08%) 9/19 (6 TD) 11/20 (3 TD) 10/16 (3 TD) 13/23 (5 TD) 43/78 (17 TD)
                        16-20 (9.28%) 9/15 (1 TD) 4/8 (1 INT) 5/10 (1 INT) 8/12 (3 TD) 26/45 (4 TD, 2 INT)
                        11-15 (14.64%) 5/9 (1 TD) 12/21 (2 TD 1 INT) 21/27 (3 TD, 2 INT) 8/14 46/71 (6 TD, 3 INT)
                        6-10 (14.64%) 6/11 (1 TD) 13/18 (2 TD) 14/19 ( 1 INT) 16/23 (1 INT) 49/71 (3 TD, 2 INT)
                        1-5 (22.89%) 22/25 24/28 (1 TD) 30/35 (2 TD, 1 INT) 19/23 (1 TD) 95/111 (4 TD 1 INT)
                        0 (22.06%) 23/24 (6 TD) 32/34 (1 TD) 28/33 (2 TD) 14/16 97/107 (9 TD)

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
                          https://sports.yahoo.com/quantifying...171552291.html

Justin Herbert

Distance (Usage Rate) Left Outside Left Middle Right Middle Right Outside Total
                          20+ (16.08%) 9/19 (6 TD) 11/20 (3 TD) 10/16 (3 TD) 13/23 (5 TD) 43/78 (17 TD)
                          16-20 (9.28%) 9/15 (1 TD) 4/8 (1 INT) 5/10 (1 INT) 8/12 (3 TD) 26/45 (4 TD, 2 INT)
                          11-15 (14.64%) 5/9 (1 TD) 12/21 (2 TD 1 INT) 21/27 (3 TD, 2 INT) 8/14 46/71 (6 TD, 3 INT)
                          6-10 (14.64%) 6/11 (1 TD) 13/18 (2 TD) 14/19 ( 1 INT) 16/23 (1 INT) 49/71 (3 TD, 2 INT)
                          1-5 (22.89%) 22/25 24/28 (1 TD) 30/35 (2 TD, 1 INT) 19/23 (1 TD) 95/111 (4 TD 1 INT)
                          0 (22.06%) 23/24 (6 TD) 32/34 (1 TD) 28/33 (2 TD) 14/16 97/107 (9 TD)
                          Thanks. Very interesting statistical breakdown.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X