• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

That's a lot of inexperience on the left side of the line. Perhaps Pouncey will be back? That would help.

Right now I really think they'll be using the first pick for a QB. If they bring in a veteran QB, then they could pick an OT at #6. We'll all be scrambling our mocks if they bring in a QB.
    Why wouldn't we take Hurts or Eason in the second. I know Eason is a little rough and a pocket passer but at least he's more mobile than Rivers. Eason might be a sleeper pick but there seems to be some kind of knock on him.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Why wouldn't we take Hurts or Eason in the second. I know Eason is a little rough and a pocket passer but at least he's more mobile than Rivers. Eason might be a sleeper pick but there seems to be some kind of knock on him.
      My first thought is neither of them have shown as well in cillege as the top three. However, I saw Eason in the game against my Ducks and he played very well. He could turn out well but most don't think so.

Hurts seems to tuck it under and run a little to quickly - like he doesn't seem to see the entire field or doesn't have enough patience. Still, he's been a winner so who knows.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Chargers trade #6 to Texans for D.Watson.
        Is this something Telesco would ever have in his mind as an idea?
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          OMG..... only if he was on crack!

did you see how horribly inconsistent that Watson is????? over his career and especially in the playoff game last year??? he makes a great throw then over throws easy slants....... he has NEVER been consistently accurate, which is most important aspect of playing QB....period.......

Chargers fans have been so used to losing that the standards for most are way too low....... very sad

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            not buying the theory that LAC FO intentionally tanked the roster to ensure Rivers had a crap season and that would justify dropping him and moving on. thats two many dimensions of chess for that team to play. not many here thought they should pay TW what he signed for at OAK, nobody anticipated MGs sudden hold out nor disagreed with LAC's response to it, and nobody predicted both Okung and Pouncey would not play

well, some of us kept harping it was crazy to go into 2019 with the same OL plan they had in 2018 - but for some dumb reason TT / FO thought they could make it work. horrendous strategy that cost them 6-8 wins.
            Who said they intentionally tanked the roster? They had a choice to help the offense, help the defense or split it down the middle last offseason - they pretty much chose to help the defense. Every move they made is explainable, and has a decent rationale, but it all trended towards leaving Rivers shorthanded.

They were hesitant to put themselves in a position to have to bring Rivers back in 2020. Why depend on Okung/Pouncey/Tevi? They were rolling the dice with those guys (particularly pouncey/tevi) and they knew it. Why choose Tillery when several offensive linemen still available should have been higher ranked on their board? Did anyone think defensive tackle was a greater priority than offensive line at the end of the 2018 season? Why the hell choose Stick in the 5th if they were planning to bring Rivers back? In hind sight, they should have selected David Edwards, who went a view picks later.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

My first thought is neither of them have shown as well in cillege as the top three. However, I saw Eason in the game against my Ducks and he played very well. He could turn out well but most don't think so.

Hurts seems to tuck it under and run a little to quickly - like he doesn't seem to see the entire field or doesn't have enough patience. Still, he's been a winner so who knows.
              Eason needs to climb the pocket better and take some steam off his throws at times. He was learning to play within a difficult system at Washington under Chris Peterson and had by far less talent to work with then the big 3.

He'll be fine. Someone will get a solid starting qb when all is said and done.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

did you see how horribly inconsistent that Watson is????? over his career and especially in the playoff game last year??? he makes a great throw then over throws easy slants....... he has NEVER been consistently accurate, which is most important aspect of playing QB....period.......

Chargers fans have been so used to losing that the standards for most are way too low....... very sad
                Yes I hate QBs that complete 68 and 67% of their passes in consecutive seasons, the latter resulting in his worst QB rating in his 3 seasons of 98

Watson is 24 with his arrow pointing up.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Not without a contract extension. He could walk after two years. He's worth a second rounder with no contract guarantees.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Extreme Hyperbole, I’m hoping.?.?.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

No idea but he should if the Texans are foolish enough to do that trade. We need to extend Joey right away as Watson would be due a new deal after this season. We can figure everything out after that!

SIMMONS or die!
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes I hate QBs that complete 68 and 67% of their passes in consecutive seasons, the latter resulting in his worst QB rating in his 3 seasons of 98

Watson is 24 with his arrow pointing up.
                        You obviously have not read Charge's memo on QB accuracy, and how it cannot be improved upon after college....:chuckle:

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

No idea but he should if the Texans are foolish enough to do that trade. We need to extend Joey right away as Watson would be due a new deal after this season. We can figure everything out after that!

SIMMONS or die!
                          PREACH BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X