• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Burrow, Andrew Thomas, Chase Young, Jeudy, Simmons.... D. Brown 2 LAC,
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      'Cat.... in theory a mid second rounder this year is (roughly) equivalent to a first rounder next year/2021.
      Beach...true, dat, and that's IF TT is willing to trade down, and IF the other team is willing to part with next year's 1st rounder...and that's two mighty big IF'S...

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post
        With was firing most medical staff and all to do with the Trent evaluation, might he come back leaving no need for an ot?
        A LT i liked from a few years ago was Geron Christian. Washington drafted him and thinks he might replace T. Williams this year. He was sidetracked his first year
        due to injury.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          LAC 37
          CAR 38
          MIA 39

Maybe we can squeeze 56 out of MIA
          for moving up two spots.
          Say Eason is on the board,
          MIA still needs a QB,
          and they hear noise that CAR also likes him.

It is cool that we are first in line
          amongst the 5-11 teams
          day 2 of the draft.
          Eason won't be there wu-dai.

I'm starting to think the guy will be gone by the middle of the first round.

Four quarterbacks will go top half of the first.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

18) D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
            The Dolphins fill their running back hole with the top player at the position.
            Swift constantly shows the ability to blow open
            blase
            games with huge runs from the line of scrimmage. He combines big-play ability while paying attention to the details of the game.... "exciting" & "flair" (better get than "mobile" QB)

26) Jedrick Wills Jr., OT, Alabama
            Wills does not grade as highly on my board in comparison to others but is a good fit for the Dolphins. For perspective, I grade Wills a distant fifth or sixth after Andrew Thomas and Tristan Wirfs. I grade his teammate and fellow Alabama Crimson Tide offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood much higher than Wills.

8)Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa Wirfs lacks agility and mobility and does not always present himself as anything other than a small-area blocker.... (do you really want a maybe OT ?)

12) Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon Herbert has all the tools to be a big-time passer but there’s not a ton of wow factor to his game. Additionally, it’s hard to trust that he’s going to come through in the clutch when it matters most.

24) Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
            Eason scares me and has a lot downside. There is just too much inconsistency and too small of a body of work.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tony-pauline-pre-senior-bowl-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-saints-qb/

be very careful.... very, very careful.... your Oline/mobile QB frenzy is not immune to the dozen or so disappointments/busts that annually litter the first round.

personally would opt for the low risk/bestest gambit @RB w/Swift and take pause for the maybe OTs and mobile elixir QBs.... ??

if not named Andrew Thomas or Derrick Brown, hoping he is named D'Andre Swift.... (dude is well worth the sixth overall if 'tis the case).

Wills is mostly a product of the Dane Brugler early draft season hype machine and subsequent pundit/draftnik bandwagon.
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Eurobolt
              *** Jim Harbaugh ***
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Can we trade up for Burrow and sort OL via FA?

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Being an Auburn fan and having watched every game this year, I'm not sure Brown at #6 is a good pick. Considering that he had another All American playing next to him I figured he'd be more dominate than he actually was. Now, in his defense, Auburns lack of a consistent offense often left the defense gassed at the end of both halfs. I think Brown is a 1st round pick, but #6 is a little high for me.
                sigpic

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                  Can we trade up for Burrow and sort OL via FA?
                  No and yes.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    Being an Auburn fan and having watched every game this year, I'm not sure Brown at #6 is a good pick. Considering that he had another All American playing next to him I figured he'd be more dominate than he actually was. Now, in his defense, Auburns lack of a consistent offense often left the defense gassed at the end of both halfs. I think Brown is a 1st round pick, but #6 is a little high for me.
                    caller on Voch Lombard's show the other day said he actually likes Marlon Davidson better (@least motorwise) more than D. Brown.... (who Voch even mentioned that he "loafs" some ?)

and don't recall if you did make any mention last draft season, and.... any thoughts on Stidham outta Auburn ??

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

We needed more Stidham talk last year. :lol:
                      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                      Ben Herbert

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

doubt it happens, and not even sure 'tis a good idea/worth considering, and.... @least by my cluster, sure is tempting to consider a trade down.

if Jeudy goes top five and Ruggs continues to gain appeal, wonder if Lamb might last 'til the teens ??

some are saying D. Brown isn't deserving of a top five/ten slotting and might be more fairly slotted in the (early) teens as well ??

and then there is Swift, who rarely breaks the teens himself, if not finding himself much lower in the first or even top of the second.... ??

Vegas has the 12 & 19, Miami has 18 & 26.... hate to miss out on a top shelf prospect, and.... there is always the Polamalu factor.

RB & WR are very high on my list this draft.... ye ol' skill positions.... always a temptation,

ps. really suspect that Gruden has a hankerin' for young Justin.... @6 ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

forgot 'bout Wirfs as well, as plenty of peoples have him slotted outta the top ten and down into the first a fair bit.... just sayin'

Comment

Working...
                          X