First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• therber219
    replied
    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/...048270850?s=19

Still don't know how to do this right, but saw this and didn't know if it had been posted yet.

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

IF the interest in Meyer is serious (which to even this point we don’t know)
    then the money isn’t the issue.
    everyone knows what the ballpark number is
    thats literally the first issue you have to move past to have any serious interest
    after that, it’s about power
    Could be the level of Guarantees...at $12 million I would only guarantee the first three years with Meyer. There could be chasms that can't be breached due to extreme financial risk.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    I know there are some people on this forum who will automatically assume, without any proof, that we didn't want to meet Meyer's price. Could just as easily be that Meyer wanted to end up in Florida, or wanted to be GM,...or just doesn't like California...you guys out there do know there is a lot of animosity in the country towards know-it-all and godless California? I think it's all close minded horse shit, but it's a conservative thing...

So there are all kinds of reasons Meyer ultimately won't land here..... if he doesn't...
    IF the interest in Meyer is serious (which to even this point we don’t know)
    then the money isn’t the issue.
    everyone knows what the ballpark number is
    thats literally the first issue you have to move past to have any serious interest
    after that, it’s about power

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

that is true - i do wonder if there was another name out there

i mean Daboll would still be a good choice. Pederson might get fired by the Eagles - if that happens - wouldn't he deserve a phone call.
    Interesting?!?!? No QB controversy here with huge financial implications. He might be a victim of financial circumstances and the distrust between him and Wentz. Might be cheaper for the eagles to let Pederson go instead of Wentz.

:2cents:

Leave a comment:

• BoltBacker
    replied
    Meyer is assembling a staff. Decision on Jacksonville to be announced this coming week? You are putting together a staff, but haven't announced/decided yet? Don't understand all the secrecy...
    Giving Jacksonville the appearance that they are considering a minority candidate.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Perhaps he hasn’t decided on a team? Having said that, there are enough to the Jags rumors to think this is the likely outcome.
    Yeah you never know. The Chargers are always secretive so who knows if they are talking to Meyer or not? I guess we will find out soon. Herbert and being in the LA market could be a draw but if he wants to stay in Florida....who knows.

I dont like how Telesco in his conference doesnt want to say anything about who is being interviewed. The Charger website is putting it out so i dont get it.

We shall see. I dont expect Meyer to be hired but you never know. Once again im cautiously not getting too high or low with any of this.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-10-2021, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    I know there are some people on this forum who will automatically assume, without any proof, that we didn't want to meet Meyer's price. Could just as easily be that Meyer wanted to end up in Florida, or wanted to be GM,...or just doesn't like California...you guys out there do know there is a lot of animosity in the country towards know-it-all and godless California? I think it's all close minded horse shit, but it's a conservative thing...

So there are all kinds of reasons Meyer ultimately won't land here..... if he doesn't...

Leave a comment:

• BoltUp InLA
    replied
    I believe it was Urban or his camp that floated out that the Chargers were interested, but we have heard nothing else since....smells like self promotion...driving the price up, by letting it leak that there is competition...I think it is ultimately the Jags as well...you would have figured anything more than "rumoured" Charger interest would have been substantiated by now. Maybe we made a phone call, and that was about it.
    Well put!! Unfortunately, I believe you are right. If there was more to this story about the Chargers, then it would have been out by now IMO. There isn’t even a scheduled interview.

Ownership has to step in immediately and WOW him with a higher salary. What do the Chargers have to loose really? He might just also be implying in a way that if a few teams blow him away with the right salary, then he might consider..

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Because the Chargers play it close to the vest, we only know the interviews of existing active pro coaches that have to be requested officially...so the overall actual number may well approach 12 candidates...
    that is true - i do wonder if there was another name out there

i mean Daboll would still be a good choice. Pederson might get fired by the Eagles - if that happens - wouldn't he deserve a phone call.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Because the Chargers play it close to the vest, we only know the interviews of existing active pro coaches that have to be requested officially...so the overall actual number may well approach 12 candidates...

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    I believe it was Urban or his camp that floated out that the Chargers were interested, but we have heard nothing else since....smells like self promotion...driving the price up, by letting it leak that there is competition...I think it is ultimately the Jags as well...you would have figured anything more than "rumoured" Charger interest would have been substantiated by now. Maybe we made a phone call, and that was about it.
    I hope at worst the Chargers made a call

Dean said 10-12 names and maybe he over estimated - which is fair

But as of tomorrow, it will be only be 8 if Eberflus and Smith get interviewed.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X