First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Made me sick the Pads gave up 4256 and 4257 to Ichiro.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
      I think Dale Murphy, Andre Dawson, and Barry Bonds hit about 99% of their home runs against the Padres. That's some relevancy.
      Willie Mays hit his 600th against the Pads. Tom Seaver struck out the first 10 Padres in a game.

How about all the no hitters? Dock Ellis while flying on LSD. Two by Lincecum within one year! AJ Burnett (who?) while walking 9 and hitting another.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        Willie Mays hit his 600th against the Pads. Tom Seaver struck out the first 10 Padres in a game.

How about all the no hitters? Dock Ellis while flying on LSD. Two by Lincecum within one year! AJ Burnett (who?) while walking 9 and hitting another.
        I remember watching an ESPN show retelling that story. But I forgot it was the padres. Of course it was the Padres! Who else would get no-hit by a freakin zombied out pitcher!
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by 6025 View Post

Ellis D was on my list, but he does deserve two mentions. The man was a legend before my time.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by HoneDogNoglet View Post
            I'll take Ichiro over Rose on my team any day. Pete Rose was an inspiration growing up but Ichiro is a better player. Pete Rose can look at Ichiro's plaque in the HOF. You did it to yourself Pete.
            Im not taking anything away from how good Ichiro is but he is an outfielder. Rose played some outfield, first, second and third base and played hard every play, ran out every groundball and was a switch hitter.
            I dont care what Rose did while he managed, or what he bet on, he absolutely should be in the HOF. No doubt about it! Ichiro is a good hitter and a good outfielder but he still has 2979 MLB hits. Dont care how many hits he got in the Japan minors. He should of came here sooner and maybe he gets the record but he didnt.

Its also why Warren Moon isn't considered the alltime yards passing leader, because he got many of those in Canada and why Sadaharu Oh isnt considered the HR king.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-17-2016, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Can there be a wing of the Hall of Fame for dudes like Rose? Guys who were really successful but probably made the game worse. I'm thinking that's the wing Steinbrenner should be in. Same goes for whoever came up with the idea of counting pitches and the dick who made beer so expensive at games.

Comment

• HoneDogNoglet
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Im not taking anything away from how good Ichiro is but he is an outfielder. Rose played some outfield, first, second and third base and played hard every play, ran out every groundball and was a switch hitter.
                I dont care what Rose did while he managed, or what he bet on, he absolutely should be in the HOF. No doubt about it! Ichiro is a good hitter and a good outfielder but he still has 2979 MLB hits. Dont care how many hits he got in the Japan minors. He should of came here sooner and maybe he gets the record but he didnt.

Its also why Warren Moon isn't considered the alltime yards passing leader, because he got many of those in Canada.
                I'm not talking about who is the Hit King, I'm talking about who is a better baseball player. Who has 200 hits 10 seasons in a row? Who won 10 gold gloves in a row? Who has over 500 stolen bases? Who has the highest career batting AVG? Who has the most hits ever in a season? Who did it in 15 seasons vs 20 seasons?

I loved Pete Rose growing up and still do, but he is no Ichiro. Would love to have both on my team but if i has to choose one......

both are amazing for sure

Comment

• RobH
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Tokyo, Japan
                  • University English Lecturer
                  • Send PM

Is Will Myers hot or what?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

He's having a GREAT month. In addition to the NINE HRs - and it's still only June 19 - Myers has seven walks and has only struck out nine times in 70+ PA's. In other words he's showing patience and swinging at strikes more than he ever has as a Padre at least. Result is eight doubles and nine HRs this month. I don't know if he can sustain these numbers - he has to stay healthy first. But even if he starts to regress a little he's already had a month to remember.

It will be interesting to see which is the real Myers going forward. Is it the guy with the .260/.290/.415 slash-line entering June or this month's version?.
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Myers is having a great month but my guess is he will prove to be a streaky hitter. Nothing wrong with that, we just have to build around him, something I don't have a whole lot of faith that this regime can adequately do.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Myers rhymes with Friars.

And Jon Jay, the Padre, isn't bad.

Perhaps we just need to get players whose names seem like they'd fit.

There must be some decent Andres, Todds, Rods, and Snails' Vaginas available.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Maybe a couple guys named Brown too.

Comment

Working...
                          X