X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

So this Shimpf dude has hit a shit load of homers. Pads continue with their steak of games with home runs.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

The Union Tribune says we are giving money and Upton to the Boo Jays for a Single A player.

Unrelated- a new dude named Dickinson hit a homer into Toronto's upper deck yesterday. The team's home run streak continues. I have no idea what the record is, but we have the longest such streak this season.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by B.V.W.S.B.GM View Post
        The Union Tribune says we are giving money and Upton to the Boo Jays for a Single A player.

Unrelated- a new dude named Dickinson hit a homer into Toronto's upper deck yesterday. The team's home run streak continues. I have no idea what the record is, but we have the longest such streak this season.
        So sick of the swap meet mentality. I get that they need to rebuild but they fucked up last year and now we're in another rebuild mode, they're talking 2019-2020 and that just too fucking long to wait. Padres organization sucks balls.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Things didn't pan out last year, but I don't really condemn them. In fact, I'm glad they did it. They tried something different...for the first time I can remember since, the late 70's or the Kevin Brown trade. It didn't work out, but I appreciated them at least showing they weren't totally driven by cash and that they could be aggressive in trying to win.

Upton's value hasn't been this high in like 4 yrs. Sell high. You really going to miss Pomeranz and Rodney in 3 years? They going anywhere this year?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

The record for most consecutive games with a homer by a single team is 27. The Pads, I think, are now at 23.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

The record for most consecutive games with a homer by a single team is 27. The Pads, I think, are now at 23.
              Now the Pads streak is 24.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Now the Pads streak is 24.

Pads ain't getting no love though. Three away from breaking the record.

Maybe chicks don't dig the long ball?

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  Things didn't pan out last year, but I don't really condemn them. In fact, I'm glad they did it. They tried something different...for the first time I can remember since, the late 70's or the Kevin Brown trade. It didn't work out, but I appreciated them at least showing they weren't totally driven by cash and that they could be aggressive in trying to win.

Upton's value hasn't been this high in like 4 yrs. Sell high. You really going to miss Pomeranz and Rodney in 3 years? They going anywhere this year?
                  That is my main gripe and I hate when people say that. They never go anywhere ANY YEAR. Sick of that bullshit.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    That is my main gripe and I hate when people say that. They never go anywhere ANY YEAR. Sick of that bullshit.
                    True, but it is worse with the Chargers. The Pads aren't planning to ditch San Diego, and they don't have an aging Hall of Famer leading the team. The Pads have time to make shit right.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

True, but it is worse with the Chargers. The Pads aren't planning to ditch San Diego, and they don't have an aging Hall of Famer leading the team. The Pads have time to make shit right.
                      The NFL and MLB are apples and oranges. The NFL has a structure that promotes parity, so the chances of success are greater. As fucked up as Spanos is, they still stumbled into the playoffs in 2013.

MLB is not forgiving. There are haves and have nots. So you have to be smarter to survive against franchises like the Yankees and Dodgers.

How come teams like the Giants and Royals can win but not the Padres? Why do Florida and Arizona already have rings? The Padres perennially step on their own dicks. Why was it necessary to chase Bruce Bochy away? When they provided him players he won. Their ownership hires jerkoffs like Sandy Alderson, who in a gigantic ego fueled pissing contest neutered Towers and tried to do the same to Bochy who flipped him the bird and went and got three rings in Frisco. And this isn't just limited to recent history, we've had to endure Chub Feeney, Tom Werner, C. Arnholdt Smith, on and on and Dee and Preller are just carrying the tradition that I'm sick of.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Well look....aside from Myers, who on this club (or among those that have been traded) did you want to build around? I agree that at some point you have to retain some guys but these characters weren't the ones to do it. In the case of Upton, I'm not sure his value would ever be this high again. Frankly, I'm disappointed they didn't get more considering his productivity and how much cash we ate.

If you wanted to make the case for buy and hold, it might have been before last year. But management directed Preller to make a splash.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

The NFL and MLB are apples and oranges. The NFL has a structure that promotes parity, so the chances of success are greater. As fucked up as Spanos is, they still stumbled into the playoffs in 2013.

MLB is not forgiving. There are haves and have nots. So you have to be smarter to survive against franchises like the Yankees and Dodgers.

How come teams like the Giants and Royals can win but not the Padres? Why do Florida and Arizona already have rings? The Padres perennially step on their own dicks. Why was it necessary to chase Bruce Bochy away? When they provided him players he won. Their ownership hires jerkoffs like Sandy Alderson, who in a gigantic ego fueled pissing contest neutered Towers and tried to do the same to Bochy who flipped him the bird and went and got three rings in Frisco. And this isn't just limited to recent history, we've had to endure Chub Feeney, Tom Werner, C. Arnholdt Smith, on and on and Dee and Preller are just carrying the tradition that I'm sick of.
                          Most of the most highly visible players we've ever had played for us only a couple years. You could build a HOF team around guys we had briefly before sending them off. Ozzie Smith, Joe Carter, the Alomars, Baerga, Sheffield, Winfield, Kruk, Peavy, A Gonzalez, Tony Fernandez, Fred McGriff, etc.

Hoffman and Gwynn are outliers.

Comment

Working...
                          X