How Will The Offense Change This Season With Tyrod Taylor?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

If Tony Martin had dropped a certain 43 yard TD pass from Humphries,
    would Stan be in the Chargers HOF ?

One play...both Humphries and Courtney Hall's great play as Chargers was all too brief.

The relevant questions are, why are you presuming that Tyrod cannot play winning football like Stan did ?

And why can't Pouncey help us like Hall did ?
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
      • Feb 2019
      • Midwest
      • Local 150 operating engineer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

One play...both Humphries and Courtney Hall's great play as Chargers was all too brief.

The relevant questions are, why are you presuming that Tyrod cannot play winning football like Stan did ?

Stan - Maybe not if he dropped that pass. But I thought he was a good QB.

All the years I've been a fan, it's always been about the If's and Maybes.

Maybe The Chargers go all the way if McCree just falls on the Int in 2006,

Maybe Pouncey can stay healthy.

Maybe Tyrod will lead the team to glory.

Maybe.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Maybe Tyrod is another Bobby Douglas.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

QB Bobby Douglass, 1975. I had to look him up. Fouts was in his 3rd yr as the starting QB. Bobby carried the ball a few times in '75, was traded for a LB in '76.

??

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2019
            • Send PM

I will be surprised Tyrod wins 3 games.

Comment

• TheNose
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2020
              • Send PM

tenor.gif?itemid=4592081.gif

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                QB Bobby Douglass, 1975. I had to look him up. Fouts was in his 3rd yr as the starting QB. Bobby carried the ball a few times in '75, was traded for a LB in '76.

??
                He was the Bears QB for 6 years He was a lefty - completion percentage - 45%! He was a running QB - run first throw when you have to. He also played for the saints and he had a cup of tea with the Bolts (3 games) - and the Packers (they were smart, he never saw the field.)
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Stan was a good to great passer who could stretch the field and make the big plays teams need to win football games. Tyrod is a good game manager, but he is dependent on the players around him to make plays.

Maybe Tyrod is more of a playmaker than anyone gives him credit for and he will blossom and make the plays we need to win. Sometimes the plays you need to win are simply not making mistakes. However, given what I have seen him do in the past, he was a better backup than a true starter. That is why we drafted Hebert to be our QB of the future.

Pouncey is a good run blocker who is only an average pass blocker when healthy, and can become a liability in pass protection when he is banged up. He is also better off blocking guys by himself than helping out. Pouncey has mostly been a pro bowl player because of his brother's rep, and the publicity he gets. He is a good, but not great C. Hall was a very good all around player who may have been a position blocker, but still got the job done on running downs and was an outstanding interior pass protector. He was at his best helping out the other interior OL and made everyone around him better. And was still good enough one on one to control much bigger NT who he faced one on one.

I think Pouncey is in his last year or two. The Chargers need to be trying to replace him at some point because of the wear and tear he has suffered. He has always struggled to stay healthy.

Comment

• Biggestfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

I'm concerned. Tyrod Taylor scares me.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Stan was a good to great passer who could stretch the field and make the big plays teams need to win football games. Tyrod is a good game manager, but he is dependent on the players around him to make plays.

Maybe Tyrod is more of a playmaker than anyone gives him credit for and he will blossom and make the plays we need to win. Sometimes the plays you need to win are simply not making mistakes. However, given what I have seen him do in the past, he was a better backup than a true starter. That is why we drafted Hebert to be our QB of the future.

Pouncey is a good run blocker who is only an average pass blocker when healthy, and can become a liability in pass protection when he is banged up. He is also better off blocking guys by himself than helping out. Pouncey has mostly been a pro bowl player because of his brother's rep, and the publicity he gets. He is a good, but not great C. Hall was a very good all around player who may have been a position blocker, but still got the job done on running downs and was an outstanding interior pass protector. He was at his best helping out the other interior OL and made everyone around him better. And was still good enough one on one to control much bigger NT who he faced one on one.

I think Pouncey is in his last year or two. The Chargers need to be trying to replace him at some point because of the wear and tear he has suffered. He has always struggled to stay healthy.
                      Eight years for Courtney.
                      Sam Gruneisen played ten for us.
                      Four Pro Bowl Alternate nods for Courtney.
                      Pouncey has four legit Pro Bowls...and hey he started for Team Sanders and Team Carter.

I see a 2020 LAC Oline that is fully capable of matching the 1994 blockers.
                      If only Joshua Kelly were Natrone Means...:runaway:
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Bulaga and Turner were huge acquisitions for the OL.
                        If Pouncey is healthy, all right but if is not, Qberry is there.
                        The big question is who will be the LT.
                        One thing is for sure : T. Taylor will have a better OL than Rivers last year.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          He was the Bears QB for 6 years He was a lefty - completion percentage - 45%! He was a running QB - run first throw when you have to. He also played for the saints and he had a cup of tea with the Bolts (3 games) - and the Packers (they were smart, he never saw the field.)
                          Aha!
                          We had a 3rd year starting QB when he was signed a a backup. But, I see the running similarity.

Comment

Working...
                          X