How Will The Offense Change This Season With Tyrod Taylor?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

LMAO.

No one is preventing anyone from presenting their opinions,
    nor am I myself saying "shut up" to anyone who disagrees with me.

As evidence, I very frequently "Like" posts I personally strongly disagree with,
    with the idea of letting my fellow Charger fans know that I recognize and respect their football takes,
    and thusly encourage debate.

My takes here re Tyrod are in the context
    of this discussion of our new offense.

I am optimistic, and post infrequently.
    Others are pessimistic, and post ad nauseam.
    I just tell them i disagree
    No guessing or hidden agenda that way.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I just tell them i disagree
      No guessing or hidden agenda that way.
      Back on topic, the useful Tyrod tape to analyze would be from BUF.

AL, Steichen, Campen and Tyrod are gonna take a good look at that.

We should too.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of generalized Tyrod bashing that has gone on here @TPB, to the point that it becomes groupthink.

I see no reason that he cannot repeat and build upon what he did in BUF, with better consistency, utilizing this personnel group at LAC.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Back on topic, the useful Tyrod tape to analyze would be from BUF.

AL, Steichen, Campen and Tyrod are gonna take a good look at that.

We should too.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of generalized Tyrod bashing that has gone on here @TPB, to the point that it becomes groupthink.

I see no reason that he cannot repeat and build upon what he did in BUF, with better consistency, utilizing this personnel group at LAC.
        So how long do you give him before you give up? 4 games, 6 games, 8 games (Change out at bye week)? To me if we're averaging around 17 points a game and it looks like the QB is the weakest link we will have to swap out.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

we can only hope it lights a fire under Tyrod similar to how the drafting of Mahomes lit a fire under Alex Smith. But then again the queefs' coaching staff are in a different stratosphere than the bolts.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

So how long do you give him before you give up? 4 games, 6 games, 8 games (Change out at bye week)? To me if we're averaging around 17 points a game and it looks like the QB is the weakest link we will have to swap out.
            Negative hypothetical.
            No response.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Too many fans see an offense that is struggling and just assume a QB change will make a big improvement. It rarely does.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Too many fans see an offense that is struggling and just assume a QB change will make a big improvement. It rarely does.
                Not here Sir.

My position is literally wait and see, with a healthy dose of optimism.

The tenor of this board has been overwhelmingly negative about Tyrod.

I suspect there are many who have not even watched BUF and CLE tape,
                and yet claim to have ESP,
                and say that Tyrod sucks.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                  Gus was given some slack last year due to player inconsistency, absence due to injury , among other things. I guess.
                  Bosa & Ingram were basically IT for our front 7 until Drue became more of a fixture. Geez, I wanted to see B & I rush all-out. I had the impression that they were a step slow due to a lack of confidence in our DTs & LBs.
                  Joseph is a big plus there. Tillery should be.
                  James was out most of the season, was not 100% when he played. He adds speed & a lot more over last year's D. Major plus.
                  Adderley should be a plus factor.

Gus is coaching defense, Stewart STs on Lynn's team. AL has to make clear how the game is going to be played. As a player on some quality offenses and special teams prior to coaching, he should be fully aware of how O, D and STs must play complementary ball.
                  IMO the ball is in Anthony's court.
                  I'm not saying that Gus did a bad job. I think he did a great job, especially given the injuries. I am saying that playing good D is not always going to be good enough. They type of D matters.

I don't think the style of D we play under Gus fits the style of offense that we might be looking to play. At least the style some people suggest we are going to based on AL history.

If we are going "ground and pound" on O, then we need an attacking D that blitzes and gets off the field quickly. We would need a completely new secondary, outside of James and Jenkins. We would need more physical CB who can run and press WR.

The style of D we play fit better with passing O, where we do some bend but don't break, and force offenses to drive the length of the field while sending our DE after the QB play after play. IF we give up some yardage, then the O can still move the ball downfield and score some points, giving the D a lead to protect.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Not here Sir.

My position is literally wait and see, with a healthy dose of optimism.

The tenor of this board has been overwhelmingly negative about Tyrod.

I suspect there are many who have not even watched BUF and CLE tape,
                    and yet claim to have ESP,
                    and say that Tyrod sucks.
                    I'm not worried about you. The rest of the fan base …….

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

I'm not worried about you. The rest of the fan base …….
                      Too funny.

was hopin' you worried about me...

:cheers:

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

I'm not saying that Gus did a bad job. I think he did a great job, especially given the injuries. I am saying that playing good D is not always going to be good enough. They type of D matters.

I don't think the style of D we play under Gus fits the style of offense that we might be looking to play. At least the style some people suggest we are going to based on AL history.

If we are going "ground and pound" on O, then we need an attacking D that blitzes and gets off the field quickly. We would need a completely new secondary, outside of James and Jenkins. We would need more physical CB who can run and press WR.

The style of D we play fit better with passing O, where we do some bend but don't break, and force offenses to drive the length of the field while sending our DE after the QB play after play. IF we give up some yardage, then the O can still move the ball downfield and score some points, giving the D a lead to protect.
                        The only point I disagree with is the distinction between what we will do and what we did. I'd like to think that Gus will dial up more aggression this year. He should be able to use what he knows best with the talent he has available, tweak the calls to turn our beasts loose. We have some exceptional players. Ask them to do what they do best. Let the decent to good guys fill the gaps.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Negative hypothetical.
                          No response.
                          Laughing out loud here! Nothing hypothetical as there is numerous years of him being tried and then replaced. It's really up to him to prove us wrong at this point.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X