How Will The Offense Change This Season With Tyrod Taylor?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Special Teams. Wins games. Be a shame if it gets together and the third part of the game goes on a snooze. With all the talk about Offense and Defense, don't forget the Special Teams better not fail. Just be average, not stellar. This team has more to worry about. Thanks for bringing that up. It's been awhile since ST's wowed the fans. They been alright. Just let them not blow games this season. I'll settle for average ST's while the O and D tries to wow us.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I'm thinking of merging this thread with the one you already started, Caslon. Its the same topic, unless you disagree.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        I'm thinking of merging this thread with the one you already started, Caslon. Its the same topic, unless you disagree.

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...ge-this-season
        Go ahead with that. I think he's a bust. I didn't mean to go on about it with this new post. Sorry.
        It should have read, "Lynn and his magic radical new offense with Tyrod as QB". As if it's gonna be a game changer with a revamped OL.
        Give Tyrod an OL and coach Lynn innovations and he will excell!" I have serious doubts.

We'll know the very first game if Tyrod plays like a backup with an improved OL and coach Lynn's supposed new passing offense. Hehe, if Tyrod drops back, then takes off running for yards on first or second down,,,that's it. I'm done with him. Hell, we don't even know what kind of chemistry Tyrod has with Allen or Williams on obvious passing downs. We'll have to wait until the third preseason game.
        Last edited by Caslon; 06-05-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I see it as an offense that picks up yardage in smaller chunks and sustains long, defense-deflating drives. TT will have some good red zone targets at the end of those drives, plus he is a threat to score himself. If it works properly, the offense should eat up clock and tilt TOP to the Chargers and keep the defense off the field. It probably won't be a come-from-behind offense.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
            You only have to score 1 point more that the opponent. Odds are good that Tyrod isn't going to dazzle with his ypg passing.
            The 2020 LAC offense is going to have to avoid turnovers, penalties while making drives.
            Meanwhile the defense will need to get some takeaways, not allow long possessions and restrict scoring to 17 ppg avg or less.
            Special teams will be required to supply quality avg field pos.
            D & Sts need to add some LAC points.

Nuthin' guaranteed here but the D / STs looks to have some real upside.
            We could be decent while getting Herbert up to speed.
            In todays NFL with rules designed to allow lots of yardage and scoring and preventing anyone from playing shut down defense, ONLY horrible offenses can be held to 17 or less.......and yes Chargers offense was horrible last year, whch is why we scored so few points......

Best defense in NFL last year held KC to ONLY 31 points in SB....... Chargers defense will need to be much better than the 49ers were last year....... to hold aggressive high scoring teams to less than 31........ 17 PPG is not happening...... this is not the 70's with the steel curtain mugging all receivers and beating up QB's and RBs.......

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Sorry about lost posts... I attempted a merge with the earlier topic with a new one regarding Taylor, and don't know what happened to the posts after Caslon's.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

How is that? Look good? Yeah Bolt-O im sorry that merge feature is just done. Its been toast since we moved to a dedicated server. Ill tell you hw to get around it via PM.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

In todays NFL with rules designed to allow lots of yardage and scoring and preventing anyone from playing shut down defense, ONLY horrible offenses can be held to 17 or less.......and yes Chargers offense was horrible last year, whch is why we scored so few points......

Best defense in NFL last year held KC to ONLY 31 points in SB....... Chargers defense will need to be much better than the 49ers were last year....... to hold aggressive high scoring teams to less than 31........ 17 PPG is not happening...... this is not the 70's with the steel curtain mugging all receivers and beating up QB's and RBs.......
                  Average. The 2019 Pats allowed an avg 14 ppg.

* LAC's 2019 D allowed 20 pts or less in 6 games. This year's D should be much better & more consistent.
                  Last edited by sonorajim; 06-05-2020, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    I see it as an offense that picks up yardage in smaller chunks and sustains long, defense-deflating drives. TT will have some good red zone targets at the end of those drives, plus he is a threat to score himself. If it works properly, the offense should eat up clock and tilt TOP to the Chargers and keep the defense off the field. It probably won't be a come-from-behind offense.
                    But sometimes that type of O can be effective coming from behind if there’s been a couple weird plays skewing the score, and we’ve still managed to win TOP, their D is still gassed at the end and we still have so many weapons to score with. TOP and turnovers, yep yep yep.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Captain Obvious checking in here.

Philip Rivers throws receivers open.

Tyrod Taylor holds on to the football too long.

The big difference will be in how the ball is distributed.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        We're in deep shit if our team cannot put up at least 24 points a game on average. The other three division rivals will eat our lunch if we only put up 17 points per game. Denver has gotten a lot better and the raiders are at least average. If we stink on offense with tyrod I thinks he's replaced by game 4 of the season and for sure by the bye week.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                        X