• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    I agree, we will be better. I am worried about how much.

Murray will probably be the one LB who gets a ton of snaps in our D. It really just comes down to him. We need one every down LB. The rest need to play well, but again, teams don't carry enough blocking TE and FB to worry about needing to have great talent to matchup against them. He should be in the running for ROY.

The romantic attachment so many people have to playing LB, I just don't see us sitting our probowl caliber DB in King and Harris to make room for Tranquill and Nwosu/White. So, while the rest of the LB corp is going to be somewhat better, they are just situational role players. Besides, with all the new zone read, outside zone toss stuff SF showed last year, and the RPO's, we want as much speed on the field, not going back to using plow horses (LB).

If Nwosu can step up his game and get more pressure, then we can start spending more time sliding Bosa and Ingram inside on 2nd and 3rd downs. Rochelle has flashed some ability as an inside rusher, so if we can find a way to give him some snaps inside, fine, but this is probably not a year where we can experiment unless there are a lot of injuries. Rochelle and Nwosu can help the situation somewhat as DE, but we really still need a DT to step up and be at least a solid player. They can help the rotation and give us some flexibility moving poeple around some, but in the end there is only so much window dressing that will help.

So, the key will then really be about the DT.

No matter how well Joseph plays, he is not going to be on the field so much that we can live without at least one of the others stepping up. It doesn't matter who it is, but Jones and Tillery are the most likely candidates. Both have played at a high level during their college careers, but neither has done more than flash ability in the NFL. However, if one of the others can do it, it really doesn't matter who it is. But they did a putrid job keeping OL off the LB and DB last year, and they only made up for it by being just as bad or worse vs the pass. They have to get better.

Agreed. Joseph is a stud DT and a leader but we can't just leave him out there. Jones & Tillery have to take some reps together and make plays. Basically.
    Perryman hits like a charging rhino but Tranquill is quick & smart. I like him paired with Murray.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

If we are talking speed, 20 yard burst, and agility plus size to handle TE’s or RB’s; Tranquil, Kyzir, and K9 are better options. Drue and Murray are both outright faster than King while carrying 4+ inches of height and 35#-40# of muscle on their frames. Kyzir’s long speed is closer to 4.7 but his explosion (20 yard) and agility metrics are equal or better than both King and CHJR.
      Since we play in .05 the majority of time, we will see 2 of our bigger, faster LB’s on the field. I see K9 and Drue with more snaps combined than King/CHJR.

DT rotation/production will be a major factor in how our overall D plays. I agree that we need Justin Jones & Tillery need to increase their impact on both phases of the game. Jones last 6-7 games were played at a high level of assignment football. Tillery is a bigger project and I have huge doubts about his ability to be anything more than a marginal rotation guy. I didn’t like Jerry in my prospect rating but hope I’m wrong about him and he proves me wrong.
      Last year we started playing dime the majority of the time until the injuries prevented it. The 2 previous season, we were in our dime package greater than 50% of our snaps, and only in the nickle or other specialty packages in double digits. Given how much money we have spent and who we brought in, it looks like the plan is the same. In terms of overall team speed (long speed), DB are definitely the way to go, and with offensive teams, that is the proven way that college team adjust to the read option/RPO/Zone Read type of offenses. Since colleges have had the answers to this type of offense for years, it seems silly to start off with an inferior answer by staying with too many LB on the field.

Also, King/Harris are far better answers than Tranquill and whoever plays SAM/OTTO. It's fine to have them in as a situational packages, you have to have the package, but it is just a limited package, it is not a defense that is anything but a limited set that is hardly on the field. But the nickle or dime package is our "new" base, and that has been true for the last 40 years in the NFL.

You can list the stopwatch speeds, but in no way can you expect King to be worse in coverage than just about any NFL LB. Look at just about any NFL roster, and you see that even teams with good LB corp will not leave their LB on the field if NFL teams play their 3 WR packages, and only the Ravens and 49ers are playing any sizeable percentage of base personnel, unless it is due to injuries or just being a bottom tier offensive personnel group.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Agreed. Joseph is a stud DT and a leader but we can't just leave him out there. Jones & Tillery have to take some reps together and make plays. Basically.
        Perryman hits like a charging rhino but Tranquill is quick & smart. I like him paired with Murray.
        SOMETIME Perryman hits like a Rhino. It seems like it takes him time to get up to speed (even when healthy) and do a good job in his run fits. He can thump, but if he is out of position, or slow to the hole, and then misses some tackles, he isn't a big help to the D. When he finally gets up to speed, he is a quality player. But the combination of a few pretty average or below average games and then all the injuries, and the fact that he lacks longer foot speed, he is just not that big an asset. He is a fine situational player, but not a quality LB overall.

Tranquill played the best of our LB last year, but it's not like he was great. He is a solid starter, but that is about it, and he did have some games where he struggled. I like the IDEA of him playing more, but he needs to raise the quality of his play.

I still see (eventually) with Murray being the primary LB in a dime package that is on the field the majority of the time. Tranquill, White, Nwosu and Perryman are all good situational options, but none of them has shown they have the sideline to sideline speed to be asset on the field the majority of the time.

Joesph is just too old to be a major answer on the interior by himself. He should be a good run stuffer, and even add some early down interior push on the pass rush. But he is not going to play 800+ snaps and be incredibly effective. If we cut back to 30-40 a game (600 or so), he will likely be more effective. Someone else needs to compliment him. They don't necessarily need to be dynamic playmakers all over the field, but if they can be solid run defenders and push the pocket on early downs, it would be a HUGE improvement over last season.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Last year we started playing dime the majority of the time until the injuries prevented it. The 2 previous season, we were in our dime package greater than 50% of our snaps, and only in the nickle or other specialty packages in double digits. Given how much money we have spent and who we brought in, it looks like the plan is the same. In terms of overall team speed (long speed), DB are definitely the way to go, and with offensive teams, that is the proven way that college team adjust to the read option/RPO/Zone Read type of offenses. Since colleges have had the answers to this type of offense for years, it seems silly to start off with an inferior answer by staying with too many LB on the field.

Also, King/Harris are far better answers than Tranquill and whoever plays SAM/OTTO. It's fine to have them in as a situational packages, you have to have the package, but it is just a limited package, it is not a defense that is anything but a limited set that is hardly on the field. But the nickle or dime package is our "new" base, and that has been true for the last 40 years in the NFL.

You can list the stopwatch speeds, but in no way can you expect King to be worse in coverage than just about any NFL LB. Look at just about any NFL roster, and you see that even teams with good LB corp will not leave their LB on the field if NFL teams play their 3 WR packages, and only the Ravens and 49ers are playing any sizeable percentage of base personnel, unless it is due to injuries or just being a bottom tier offensive personnel group.
          I completely disagree as do the snap counts over the previous 3 seasons. We played .05 the vast majority not .10. We have been drafting LBs looking for the right combination to not have an undersized safety playing DLB. K9, Drue, and Kyzir (with a healthy knee) all fit the profile of what GusD wants out of the position; speed, coverage chops, and size to play fast and physical in both run and pass. 5’9”/5’10” DBs don’t match up well with 6’5” TEs. K9 and Tranquill vs DK as our NLB & DLB isn’t close. I’ll take size, length, instincts, and speed everytime.

We shall see over the next couple of seasons who is correct.
          As a coach if you have a decision between a bigger, faster, instinctual, and just as agile a player on the field vs ones that are slower, 4+ inches shorter, less reach length, and 30#-40# lighter, who would you prefer?
          You can’t teach size or speed.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Check your math on all the snap counts between the LB and DB and go watch the film. Especially since we put in the dime package in Lynn's 1st season vs the Giants, from there on the rest of the season, the D was tons better once we started playing Dime.

As far as TE go, that is complete bullshit. You can cover with a DB, they won't catch anything. A few of the better receivers like Kelce and Kittle, they will get open against DB, but they would DESTROY any LB for huge chunks. Especially our LB, since I don't think any of them are that strong in coverage. They are also not as good attacking the line in run defense. The DB attack the holes downhill better than the LB do. And as far as instincts go, I think they tend to be a step slower, which is a big part of why they are not as good at beating the O to the punch.

You are relying too much on measureables. You can say that the LB are as fast or faster, but you turn on the film, and it just isn't there. The stopwatch may not lie, but it doesn't tell the whole truth. And there is no measureable for change of direction, instincts or the ability to read the offense.

We draft Tranquill the previous season because our LB were injury prone. White IS a S in all but name. He was a college S. He is the same size as a S. For most of the teams in the league he would be a S. We PLAY him at LB, but the idea is to have more S type bodies on the field. And if he can get his act together, yeah he can be a player. He flashed some of that. But his game against Ten last year, where he was the only guy on either team running the wrong direction, and I have to say my hope is somewhat limited. He didn't play that awful the rest of the year thank god, but he is not a super instinctive player, and he tends to have to see things develop, and I see a lot of that in Tranquill, although that may just be making the transition to the NFL.

And if it is so aboslutely true for us, why are so many other NFL teams doing it as well?

Fans tend to romantizie the whole 34/43 thing to the extreme. Remember, the best defensive performance for this defense in recent memory was against Ravens, when our quarters personnel played 56 of 58? (something like that) against a team that loves to play 2 TE and a FB (base personnel or heavier). And we actually struggled against their passing game more than their running game.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Check your math on all the snap counts between the LB and DB and go watch the film. Especially since we put in the dime package in Lynn's 1st season vs the Giants, from there on the rest of the season, the D was tons better once we started playing Dime.

As far as TE go, that is complete bullshit. You can cover with a DB, they won't catch anything. A few of the better receivers like Kelce and Kittle, they will get open against DB, but they would DESTROY any LB for huge chunks. Especially our LB, since I don't think any of them are that strong in coverage. They are also not as good attacking the line in run defense. The DB attack the holes downhill better than the LB do. And as far as instincts go, I think they tend to be a step slower, which is a big part of why they are not as good at beating the O to the punch.

You are relying too much on measureables. You can say that the LB are as fast or faster, but you turn on the film, and it just isn't there. The stopwatch may not lie, but it doesn't tell the whole truth. And there is no measureable for change of direction, instincts or the ability to read the offense.

We draft Tranquill the previous season because our LB were injury prone. White IS a S in all but name. He was a college S. He is the same size as a S. For most of the teams in the league he would be a S. We PLAY him at LB, but the idea is to have more S type bodies on the field. And if he can get his act together, yeah he can be a player. He flashed some of that. But his game against Ten last year, where he was the only guy on either team running the wrong direction, and I have to say my hope is somewhat limited. He didn't play that awful the rest of the year thank god, but he is not a super instinctive player, and he tends to have to see things develop, and I see a lot of that in Tranquill, although that may just be making the transition to the NFL.

And if it is so aboslutely true for us, why are so many other NFL teams doing it as well?

Fans tend to romantizie the whole 34/43 thing to the extreme. Remember, the best defensive performance for this defense in recent memory was against Ravens, when our quarters personnel played 56 of 58? (something like that) against a team that loves to play 2 TE and a FB (base personnel or heavier). And we actually struggled against their passing game more than their running game.
              We played .10 out of necessity because we didn’t have the talent at LB to perform. Don’t romanticize the reason we have been forced to play .10. I did check the snap counts that’s why I listed them.

Anytime you want to compare amount of time spent watching film or football acumen, I’m your huckleberry. It will not go in your favor good yet snarky sir.

Kyzir is 6’2”-235#. A safety? He played the SPUR @ WVU, @ about 220#,which was a S/LB hybrid position. He has put on weight since then. Know our roster better good sir.
              Teams are looking for IMPACT LBs that have the speed and coverage abilities to keep them on the field for all 3 downs. Examples = T. Edmunds, J. Smith, Vander Esch, R. Smith, D. White, Littleton, D. Bush, Queen, I. Simmons, B. Wagner, K9, Tranquill, etc.

Kelce, Fant, Albert O., Waller are the TEs we must face twice a year, every year. Besides Derwin, do you want DK or CHJR matched up 1 on 1 with any of them? Not smart if you do. Be like sending Muggsy Bogues in the paint to defend Big Game James.

Cordially

The Asshole
              Last edited by like54ninjas; 08-15-2020, 01:55 PM.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

They drafted Tranquil because they were getting obliterated in the running game using Phillips. Tranquil was a rookie, he'll take a step or two forward. Baldy loved him...saw big time potential.

Kyzir has the weight of a modern day linebacker, that's how they'll use him. He basically missed his rookie season. Once they have a specific role for him, he'll settle in.

They've been drafting a ton of safeties and linebackers the last 3 years. They either can't make up their mind, or they intend to use all of them a lot; formulating game specific plans. Against the Raiders, in the red-zone, etc, expect more alignments with two linebackers: redzone defenses are getting a great deal of attention these days; against K.C., expect 1 linebacker sets more often than not.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

We play modern defensive football.
                  gusD will change the way you look at everything.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

We played .10 out of necessity because we didn’t have the talent at LB to perform. Don’t romanticize the reason we have been forced to play .10. I did check the snap counts that’s why I listed them.

Anytime you want to compare amount of time spent watching film or football acumen, I’m your huckleberry. It will not go in your favor good yet snarky sir.

Kyzir is 6’2”-235#. A safety? He played the SPUR @ WVU, @ about 220#,which was a S/LB hybrid position. He has put on weight since then. Know our roster better good sir.
                    Teams are looking for IMPACT LBs that have the speed and coverage abilities to keep them on the field for all 3 downs. Examples = T. Edmunds, J. Smith, Vander Esch, R. Smith, D. White, Littleton, D. Bush, Queen, I. Simmons, B. Wagner, K9, Tranquill, etc.

Kelce, Fant, Albert O., Waller are the TEs we must face twice a year, every year. Besides Derwin, do you want DK or CHJR matched up 1 on 1 with any of them? Not smart if you do. Be like sending Muggsy Bogues in the paint to defend Big Game James.

Cordially

The Asshole
                    https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/charger-s-2017-draft-forum/431733-official-2018-draft-thread-we-have-the-17th-pick?p=471019#post471019

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-chris-h...cial-secondary - pff mentioned that we played Dime 59.5% of the time

Check your math again 2017 Phillips played ~50 % of the snaps, and didn't start to play regularly until the Giants game, in week 6. 2018 got really complicated when all the LB started getting hurt.

You are correct last year was nickel, but again that was after Phillips went out with the injury, and James was already out with the foot.

You might need to explain your definition of impact players. I would argue there are no impact players of note on that list.
                    T. Edmunds - 2 sacks per year and 1.5 int per year
                    Jaylon Smith - 3 sacks per year, 1/3 of a int per year. I would say he is definitely not on anyone's best list because he was just plain bad last year. He was playing on his rep, but was not that good.
                    Vander Esch - 1 sack and 2 int in 2 season. - Vander Esch was just plain painful to watch last year. He had a very good rookie year, but he was simply terrible last year. (https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...oys-evaluation)
                    R. Smith - 3.5 sacks and 1 int per season
                    D. White - 3 sacks and 1 int last year
                    Littleton - 3 sacks and 2 int in 3 season of actual playing time (he hardly played as a rookie).
                    D. Bush - 1 sack and 2 int his rookie year
                    Queen - Only based on potential, since he hasn't played in the NFL yet.
                    I. Simmons - See above
                    B. Wagner - 2.75 sacks per season, 1.25 int per season (half of the 22 sacks he had, came in 2 season, so in non-career seasons, he is actually dramatically underperforming his average)
                    K9 - Only based on potential, see Queen and Simmons.
                    Tranquill - 0 sacks and 0 int

If you put a guys like that out on the field for as many snaps, they are going to probably to get similar stats. It's not all luck, but the extra amount that the high draft capital and extra salary cap space is used on, simply isn't getting you that much more production.

Of the players on the list, really the only one who is that good is Littleton and maybe Wagner. But that is more about then being very good at what they do, than being a true IMPACT player. Which has always been the point. ILB are not really impact guys. The most cost effective, guys who help the D the most are the best COVERAGE players. But read and react LB are not really impact players. They make tackles, and the best of them are better than the average player, but an above-average LB is just about as good, and more cost effective. Neither makes the types of plays that correlate well to winning.

of the TE on the list, only Kelcie scares me at this point (and maybe Waller a bit). The others have potential, but I reserve my fear when it is warranted. I just don't buy the size thing in coverage. If it was true, why would average TE be collecting insane reception totals, instead there are about 10 guys who are any good, and a bunch of guys who are mostly blockers. When you consider we have 1 of the 10 or so, it really makes it less of a threat. But in any case, your argument also falls down in that Tranquill and K9 are nickel and dime packages and they aren't at all. Nor have they for the 40 years that NFL teams have played nickel defenses more than base D. The top 10 TE are great players, not because they are big, but they are big guys who can run routes. And there aren't more than a couple of LB who can run with them in any case. You have to double Kelce, it doesn't matter if you play him with a LB or a S (or CB), one guy isn't going to get it done.

Going back to the list, I would say that the real difference between Tranquill and the rest of the list is that he simply cannot run like the rest of them. I don't have 40 times, which are pretty useless anyway, but you can see it when you watch the games. Those other guys run like deer, and can simply get to the ball all over the field. That is why I don't think Tranquill will be more than the usual starter =part time LB, who will play in the base D, but then get subbed out. He is a good, but not great player if he continue to develop who could be a ST star as well.

As far as White goes, his playing weight at WVU was listed at 216, but I really don't think most college or pro teams update those numbers, or even care what they say. Jamal WIlliams only got his weight updated when we switched to the 34, and he was listed at at 305lbs, but the season before, when we played Dallas (biggest OL in football that year), Jamal was easily the biggest guy on the feild. When all the fans got worried about Jamal being too small, the Chargers updated it. As far as White getting bigger, I don';t think it helped him. when he was small and a rookie, he was pretty exciting to watch. Last year, was there ever a time that was true? He needs to lose some weight and get back to a comfortable size. Carrying too much weight just strains the body too much. But mostly, he is just not a good player at a heavier weight.
                    Last edited by Steve; 08-15-2020, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

I am excited to see If Murray bring us a true MLB. I am equally excited to see Adderley get a full camp and play (no injuries please). Those two will bring significant speed to the centerline of the defense that will matter. Adderley has the centerfield range to let us deploy Sir James as an unstoppable weapon.

JJ and Tillery need to step up and become the man at point of attack and push the damn pocket.

If these things happen as I dream them ... it is a dominant defense. If not - the yards will pile up inside on the rush and the DBs will be left exposed on the pass.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-los-ang...best-secondary

for those with a PFF subscription

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/charger-s-2017-draft-forum/431733-official-2018-draft-thread-we-have-the-17th-pick?p=471019#post471019
                          Check your math again 2017 Phillips played ~50 % of the snaps, and didn't start to play regularly until the Giants game, in week 6. 2018 got really complicated when all the LB started getting hurt.

You are correct last year was nickel, but again that was after Phillips went out with the injury, and James was already out with the foot.

You might need to explain your definition of impact players. I would argue there are no impact players of note on that list.
                          T. Edmunds - 2 sacks per year and 1.5 int per year
                          Jaylon Smith - 3 sacks per year, 1/3 of a int per year. I would say he is definitely not on anyone's best list because he was just plain bad last year. He was playing on his rep, but was not that good.
                          Vander Esch - 1 sack and 2 int in 2 season. - Vander Esch was just plain painful to watch last year. He had a very good rookie year, but he was simply terrible last year. (https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...oys-evaluation)
                          R. Smith - 3.5 sacks and 1 int per season
                          D. White - 3 sacks and 1 int last year
                          Littleton - 3 sacks and 2 int in 3 season of actual playing time (he hardly played as a rookie).
                          D. Bush - 1 sack and 2 int his rookie year
                          Queen - Only based on potential, since he hasn't played in the NFL yet.
                          I. Simmons - See above
                          B. Wagner - 2.75 sacks per season, 1.25 int per season (half of the 22 sacks he had, came in 2 season, so in non-career seasons, he is actually dramatically underperforming his average)
                          K9 - Only based on potential, see Queen and Simmons.
                          Tranquill - 0 sacks and 0 int

If you put a guys like that out on the field for as many snaps, they are going to probably to get similar stats. It's not all luck, but the extra amount that the high draft capital and extra salary cap space is used on, simply isn't getting you that much more production.

Of the players on the list, really the only one who is that good is Littleton and maybe Wagner. But that is more about then being very good at what they do, than being a true IMPACT player. Which has always been the point. ILB are not really impact guys. The most cost effective, guys who help the D the most are the best COVERAGE players. But read and react LB are not really impact players. They make tackles, and the best of them are better than the average player, but an above-average LB is just about as good, and more cost effective. Neither makes the types of plays that correlate well to winning.

of the TE on the list, only Kelcie scares me at this point (and maybe Waller a bit). The others have potential, but I reserve my fear when it is warranted. I just don't buy the size thing in coverage. If it was true, why would average TE be collecting insane reception totals, instead there are about 10 guys who are any good, and a bunch of guys who are mostly blockers. When you consider we have 1 of the 10 or so, it really makes it less of a threat. But in any case, your argument also falls down in that Tranquill and K9 are nickel and dime packages and they aren't at all. Nor have they for the 40 years that NFL teams have played nickel defenses more than base D. The top 10 TE are great players, not because they are big, but they are big guys who can run routes. And there aren't more than a couple of LB who can run with them in any case. You have to double Kelce, it doesn't matter if you play him with a LB or a S (or CB), one guy isn't going to get it done.

Going back to the list, I would say that the real difference between Tranquill and the rest of the list is that he simply cannot run like the rest of them. I don't have 40 times, which are pretty useless anyway, but you can see it when you watch the games. Those other guys run like deer, and can simply get to the ball all over the field. That is why I don't think Tranquill will be more than the usual starter =part time LB, who will play in the base D, but then get subbed out. He is a good, but not great player if he continue to develop who could be a ST star as well.

As far as White goes, his playing weight at WVU was listed at 216, but I really don't think most college or pro teams update those numbers, or even care what they say. Jamal WIlliams only got his weight updated when we switched to the 34, and he was listed at at 305lbs, but the season before, when we played Dallas (biggest OL in football that year), Jamal was easily the biggest guy on the feild. When all the fans got worried about Jamal being too small, the Chargers updated it. As far as White getting bigger, I don';t think it helped him. when he was small and a rookie, he was pretty exciting to watch. Last year, was there ever a time that was true? He needs to lose some weight and get back to a comfortable size. Carrying too much weight just strains the body too much. But mostly, he is just not a good player at a heavier weight.
                          Where to start. Let’s start with our LB depth over the past 3 years....

2017 - D. Perryman (7 games), H. Pollard (13 games), K. Toomer (15 games), J. Brown (16 games), K. Emmanuel (16 games), couple other scrubs

2018 - D. Perryman (8 games), K. White (3 games), H. Pollard (8 games), J. Brown (15 games), K. Emmanuel 16 games), U. Nwosu (16 games)

2019 - D. Perryman (12 games), K. White (16 games), T. Davis (16 games), D. Tranquill (12 games/3 starts), U. Nwosu (16 games)

** Not the ideal group any year and tons of injuries to starters but getting younger and more athletic. Add K9 in 2020.

Now lets give an apple to apple comparison of the LBs I listed and DK, CHJR, & AP from 17-19.

PLAYER —GAMES —GS —— INTs —— PASS DEFENDED —FF —TACKLES —SACKS —TKFL -QBHITS
                          D. King. ——- 47. ——- 20. ——- 4. ————- 17. —————— 2. —— 189. — —- 6.5. ——— 14. ——- 12
                          A. Phillips. ——- 38. —16. —— 3. ————— 14. ————-—— 2. —— 193. —— 0. ——-—- 7. ———. 2
                          C. Harris Jr. —- 44. —— 43. —— 6. ——— 23. —————— 2. —— — 145. ——- 1. ———- 3. ——— 1

C. Littleton ——- 48. ——— 36. —— 6. ———— 26. ———— 3. ——- 295. ——— 8.5. ——— 20. ——— 14
                          T. Edmunds —- 31. —— 31. ——— 3. ———— 21. ————- —-2. —— 236. ——— 3.5. —— 15. ————11
                          J. Smith. ———-48. —— 38. ——- 1. ———— 15. ———— ——6. —— 344. —— —7.5. ———15. ——-- 11
                          D. Bush. ——— 16. —— 15. —— —2. ———— 4. —————— 1. —— 109. ——— 1. ——- 9. ——— 2
                          D. White. ——— 13. ——— 13. ——— 1. ——— 3. —————3. ——— 121. ——— 2. ——— 4. ——- 5
                          B. Wagner ——- 47. ———. 47. ——. 4. ———— 23. ————3. ———430. ——- 5.5. ——— 26. —- 25
                          LVE —————. 25. ——— 20. —— 2. ———— 10. ———— 1. ——— 212. ——— 0.5. ——— 3. ———— 2
                          D. Tranquill ——. 15. ——— 3. —— 0. ————1. ——————0. ——- 75. ———- 0. ———- 3. ——— 0
                          R. Smith. ——— 28. ——— 22. —— 2. ——— 7. ——————. 0. ——. 222. ———— 7. ———. 13. ——— 7

Which players do you want on the field more?

We have a ton of DB talent. I do see our big .10 playing quite a bit with K9, Derwin, Rayshawn, and Nasir as they give us some plus matchup advantages.

Sorry for the crappy stat graf.
                          Last edited by like54ninjas; 08-17-2020, 05:53 PM.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X