Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    Lowery and Addae. What an uninspiring combo.
    agreed. Maybe we draft a top S. I'd expect Stuckey and probably Adrian Phillips in the mix again in practices, and maybe Mager should be working at S too.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
      Great point.

Maybe this team has too many holes to be good this year.
      Fix the holes on the offensive line. Philip Rivers will make up for the rest of our deficiencies.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
        Great point.

Maybe this team has too many holes to be good this year.
        Maybe?

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Lowery and Addae. What an uninspiring combo.

How about this secondary all contingent on drafting Ramsey with the 3rd pick and to me he starts day one whether corner or at safety. In all scenarios Flowers gets the nod only because I believe that is the mentality of Mike McCoy and his loyalty to veterans, but if Flower shows that injuries aren't part of his reason for a bad year Hayward moves ahead of him.

CB-Verrett, Maeger
          S-Lowery, Stuckey
          S-Ramsey, Addae
          CB-Flowers? Possibly Hayward starter and Flowers Nickel back

or

CB-Verrett, Maeger
          S-Lowery, Stuckey
          S-Addae
          CB-Ramsey If Ramsey shows to be better at corner then you really have a battle for Nickel with Flowers and Hayward and at the same time you will have depth at corner if Verrett gets injured, or when Verrett gets injured

CB Stevie Wiliams and S Adrain Phillips could be fighting to make the roster

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

With Ramsey, we have a very solid d backfield with some good depth. After qb, it would be the team strength.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
              How about this secondary all contingent on drafting Ramsey with the 3rd pick and to me he starts day one whether corner or at safety. In all scenarios Flowers gets the nod only because I believe that is the mentality of Mike McCoy and his loyalty to veterans, but if Flower shows that injuries aren't part of his reason for a bad year Hayward moves ahead of him.

CB-Verrett, Maeger
              S-Lowery, Stuckey
              S-Ramsey, Addae

or

CB-Verrett, Maeger
              S-Lowery, Stuckey
              S-Addae
              CB-Ramsey If Ramsey shows to be better at corner then you really have a battle for Nickel with Flowers and Hayward and at the same time you will have depth at corner if Verrett gets injured, or when Verrett gets injured

Casey Hayward?

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

CB-Verrett, Maeger
                S-Lowery, Stuckey
                S-Ramsey, Addae

or

CB-Verrett, Maeger
                S-Lowery, Stuckey
                S-Addae

I would hate the Ramsey pick if it happened. The guy isn't a playmaker and I don't see how he's being hyped as a top 5 pick.

They need to do something though. Is there a good safety they could possibly grab in the 2nd or 3rd round? The thing is they really need to grab a center, DE and OLB somewhere as well. TT needs a 2004 AJ-like draft where he trades down and then nails just about every pick.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

I would hate the Ramsey pick if it happened. The guy isn't a playmaker and I don't see how he's being hyped as a top 5 pick.

They need to do something though. Is there a good safety they could possibly grab in the 2nd or 3rd round? The thing is they really need to grab a center, DE and OLB somewhere as well. TT needs a 2004 AJ-like draft where he trades down and then nails just about every pick.
                  The Ramsey pick might give us a Top 5 secondary from a talent standpoint. But it won't give us a Top 5 secondary from a performance standpoint, IMO. And the reason is simple: When you have a Bottom 5 pass rush, your secondary is going to look very ordinary. So I agree, Ramsey would be a terrible pick.

But to hang our hopes on hitting the lottery, so to speak ("Nails every pick", "2004 AJ-like draft"), is fruitless as well. And given how the division is shaking out - even a depleted Denver team is going to win 10 games - I can't see how this team even sniffs .500 next season.

Sorry if that sounds 'negative'. But all the Spring Optimism needs to be tempered with a dose of reality from time to time.

Comment

• rikardo
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Broncos had a great D, but they also had 24 points on the scoreboard in the SB. We need both.
                    Denver D scored a TD and special teams and another D forced fumble left the broncos offence inside Carolina's 30s twice, yet they only scored once on those 2 occations, yeap Denvers Defense was awesome and all year Denvers O was less than average IMO...

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Talking about injuries, at least our guys got hurt in a game.

Brewers reliever tears knee ligament while taking shoe off
                      PHOENIX (AP) — The Milwaukee Brewers will start the season without reliever Will Smith, who tore a ligament in his right knee while taking his spikes off after a game.

Smith, who was set to share closer duties with Jeremy Jeffress, received the diagnosis Friday night and was awaiting test results to determine if surgery is necessary.

Smith said he was getting ready to shower after pitching in a minor league game on Thursday and was standing on one leg to take off his other shoe when he lost his balance and twisted the knee.

"I pulled hard (on the shoe) and it stayed on," he said. "My knee just went up and popped. Everyone tells you there is nothing you can do about it, but you still feel like you are letting people down."
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

yep. this sounds another 1st round reach Quinton Jammer type pick all over again.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                          yep. this sounds another 1st round reach Quinton Jammer type pick all over again.
                          That's bad thing? We got 100 plus starts from him. And they changed the rules to take away what he did best, be physical with the receivers.

What Ramsey has, standout athleticism, is a rare commodity. I've also seen him touted as the #1 overall pick.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X