Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
    That's bad thing? We got 100 plus starts from him. And they changed the rules to take away what he did best, be physical with the receivers.

What Ramsey has, standout athleticism, is a rare commodity. I've also seen him touted as the #1 overall pick.
    yes. it's a guy who never lived up to his top of 1st round selection and went on to have a solid, but not spectacular career. Then the conversation is always changed to how solid and reliable he is instead of how he was pimped as a difference maker pre-draft. Your top 3 pick needs to be an instant starter impact player.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
      Your top 3 pick needs to be an instant starter impact player.
      Agreed, but history says that isn't the way it is.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        Agreed, but history says that isn't the way it is.
        I'd rather trade out of top 5 and add picks. The more picks you have in the top 100 in the draft the more likely you are to hit on good players.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
          Denver D scored a TD and special teams and another D forced fumble left the broncos offence inside Carolina's 30s twice, yet they only scored once on those 2 occations, yeap Denvers Defense was awesome and all year Denvers O was less than average IMO...
          Ok, true dat. That's why I'm for Bosa, IMO he's the top D player who'll make the biggest difference for us. (Also hoping Whiz can make our O at least average, lol)

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

If Bose is the kind of player who both compliments the front seven and a DC would design a defence around, you have to take him. If Ramsey is likewise a player who you can build your defence around and makes the secondary better as a unit, you take him. Brining in a TL at 3, would seem to address future needs and injury concerns with Dunlap.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

3) San Diego Chargers: General manager Tom Telesco did not rule out adding a player in free agency before the draft. The Chargers have about $13.4 million in salary-cap space, according to the NFL Players Association database. So San Diego has room to add a mid-level free agent. The Chargers already have spent about $36 million in guaranteed money in free agency, which puts them at No. 11 in spending in the NFL. So the Chargers were active in free agency this year. But Telesco still favors a draft-and-develop approach to building a roster. San Diego has eight picks in this year’s draft. "There’s nothing that we’ve done in free agency that would preclude us from taking someone in the draft," Telesco said. "And that was the goal. Do we want to sign more guys in free agency before the draft? I don’t want to, but we could." -- Eric D. Williams
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

See ya Ricardo Mathews

Signs with the Steelers, 1 yr contract... minor bummer, but the Chargers showed no real interest in re-sign.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Signs with the Steelers, 1 yr contract... minor bummer, but the Chargers showed no real interest in re-sign.
                  Clearing out a roster spot for a high draft pick. We are overlaoded with "just guys."
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

If I recall correctly, Mathews was brought on board because the loss of Palepoi. He's no more than a journeyman, but was good to have on the team, when the injury bug hit. We really need Philon and Carruthers to step it up.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      If I recall correctly, Mathews was brought on board because the loss of Palepoi. He's no more than a journeyman, but was good to have on the team, when the injury bug hit. We really need Philon and Carruthers to step it up.
                      And Palepoi showed some promise as a rotation guy too.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Mathews totally sucked last year. Not sure how much of that is him vs Don Johnson, but there are a bunch of players who have at least as much ability as Mathews.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 3m3 minutes ago
                          #Chargers expected to sign former #Jets TE Jeff Cumberland, source said.

Comment

Working...
                          X