• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
    This is probably going to be very unpopular with this board, but I think Wat is still the number one center until proven otherwise. The team likes him and he's been in the system for two years. This means that he is very familiar with the line calls and playbook. I can see them going easy on Tuerk and keeping him at number two C, while he learns the system and gets his knee back into top notch form. Even though the latest technology allows for a player with ACL surgery to come back in less than a year, it would still be better to not push him.

Slauson, if signed would be the backup guard/center for the first quarter of the year in the event that Wat gets hurt again. Slauson would be the center because of his experience as a pro, and he'd be able to pick up the calls a lot quicker than a rookie. Also, Slauson is used to the speed of the game, and he's supposed to be a very good run blocker.

I could see them letting Slauson and Wat fight it out in camp for the first string, but I still think that by virtue of being in the system for two years, Wat has to have the advantage at this point. I'm not saying he's going to finish the year as number one, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he were the starter at the beginning of the season.
    Spot on post imo, I'm with you.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Won't be hard to beat Wat out, I figure by the first week of camp he'll go down.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        Won't be hard to beat Wat out, I figure by the first week of camp he'll go down.
        And then Wat
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
          I also would've gone with
          time to unclog this logs
          Time to light a fire under this logs

Log logo
          sigpic

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            And then Wat
            Tuerk better be ready.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

You bring in Slauson and let them all compete. Whoever wins the camp battle starts. Pretty simple. Competition is good. Hes an OG that can play Center. A good thing with the way our OL goes down so easily.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                You bring in Slauson and let them all compete. Whoever wins the camp battle starts. Pretty simple. Competition is good. Hes an OG that can play Center. A good thing with the way our OL goes down so easily.
                At the very least he can push Franklin and Fluker while also providing depth at Center if Watt and Tuerk aren't ready. Thats a perfect fit.
                sigpic

Comment

• CTrout
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                  This is probably going to be very unpopular with this board, but I think Wat is still the number one center until proven otherwise. The team likes him and he's been in the system for two years. This means that he is very familiar with the line calls and playbook. I can see them going easy on Tuerk and keeping him at number two C, while he learns the system and gets his knee back into top notch form. Even though the latest technology allows for a player with ACL surgery to come back in less than a year, it would still be better to not push him.

Slauson, if signed would be the backup guard/center for the first quarter of the year in the event that Wat gets hurt again. Slauson would be the center because of his experience as a pro, and he'd be able to pick up the calls a lot quicker than a rookie. Also, Slauson is used to the speed of the game, and he's supposed to be a very good run blocker.

I could see them letting Slauson and Wat fight it out in camp for the first string, but I still think that by virtue of being in the system for two years, Wat has to have the advantage at this point. I'm not saying he's going to finish the year as number one, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he were the starter at the beginning of the season.
                  He may have been in the system for 2 years but hopefully with the return of Whiz.....we're no longer running THAT system.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
                    He may have been in the system for 2 years but hopefully with the return of Whiz.....we're no longer running THAT system.
                    It's the same system.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      At the very least he can push Franklin and Fluker while also providing depth at Center if Watt and Tuerk aren't ready. Thats a perfect fit.
                      ^This^ It will probably all come down to $ and opportunity for Slauson though.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                        ^This^ It will probably all come down to $ and opportunity for Slauson though.
                        Just show him the week by week injury report from last season. Pretty easy to see the opportunity even if we tell him he's the 4th OG on the depth chart.

Comment

• bonehead
                          Undrafted
                          • Jul 2013
                          • TBD
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                          It's the same system.
                          oh no, you mean the "shotgun 80% of the snaps/28 delayed draws per game system???
                          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                          X