• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Bolts Sign Three More to Reserve/Future Contracts

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 3:09 PM PST

By Ricky Henne

Managing Editor
      Chargers.com

@ChargersRHenne

After signing six players to Reserve/Future contracts on Monday, the Chargers inked another trio on Tuesday. All three spent the 2017 season on the Bolts practice squad.

As a reminder, players who were not on an active roster at the end of the season are eligible to sign a reserve/future contract, and revert to the active roster at the start of the new league year.

Here are the three players that were signed on Tuesday:

WR Andre PattonJeff RichardsArtavis ScottRead

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

is Dan Marino in the HoF?

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

TOTAL 242 8,358 4,967 59.4 34.5 61,361 7.3 253.6 420 5.0 252 3.0 85 372 61 270 1,930 86.4
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Bolts Sign Three More to Reserve/Future Contracts

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 3:09 PM PST
          By Ricky Henne

CB Jeff RichardsOttawa Redbank in the CFL, helping them capture the 2016 Grey Cup championship. In college, he appeared in 23 games with 14 starts for Emporia State, recording 84 tackles, 12 passes defensed, five interceptions, two sacks and three blocked kicks.
          Hey Henne, it's Redblacks...
          but the Ottawa Bankers would have been cool.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

too bad the Chargers have never had a Super Bowl winning GM that sucked like that. He was smart enough to rent Wade Phillips and Manning and bring in enough supporting cast to get them a Lombardi while not overpaying to keep Osweiler and drafting Lynch in a bargain slot, so I cut him some slack on the rebuilding.
            We didnt have Wade? Lynch has been good? Hell he couldnt beat out a 7th round pick in Siemien. Too bad Rivers tore his ACL in the playoffs or we may have went to a SB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

in hindsight yes. But pre-draft, Lynch was pegged as a 1st round talent, and while Manning was there Osweiler was the heir apparent with nobody doubting him. Could be his development was stunted by all the coaching changes and bouncing around from club to club, IDK. Now he has no running game to lean on back in Denver...
              Osweiler was crap at AZ st. Never liked him in college and as a 2nd round pick....blah! I was laughing then, still laughing now that he got a huge contract.....somehow. When it comes to QBs, GM always overdraft/overpay. Wasnt good enough to Stay in Cleveland.

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

. Wasnt good enough to Stay in Cleveland.
                ouch. Harsh

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Osweiler was crap at AZ st. Never liked him in college and as a 2nd round pick....blah! I was laughing then, still laughing now that he got a huge contract.....somehow. When it comes to QBs, GM always overdraft/overpay. Wasnt good enough to Stay in Cleveland.
                  Too many people fall in love with measurables and are arrogant enough to think their team can develop them. And we end up with year after year of Taylor vs Bortles.

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

so you were an NFL scout back then and know more than NFL GMs? I don't seem to remember any doubts about the guy as Manning's backup and it was widely assumed he would take over when Manning retired. How many OC and HC changes occurred in Denver since their Super Bowl win? A reasonable possibility is Osweiler simply hasn't adapted well with the multiple coaching and team changes and affected his ability to assert himself as a reliable starter. Doesn't matter to me either way, but it is funny how some people write off players so easily, only to proven wrong later.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

We didnt have Wade? Lynch has been good? Hell he couldnt beat out a 7th round pick in Siemien. Too bad Rivers tore his ACL in the playoffs or we may have went to a SB.
                      sounds like you have a personal problem with Elway when you can't acknowledge his successes in his job, or that he's been an integral part of multiple Super Bowl wins as player and executive while the Chargers have been to one, and with Humphries instead of Rivers.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

so you were an NFL scout back then and know more than NFL GMs? I don't seem to remember any doubts about the guy as Manning's backup and it was widely assumed he would take over when Manning retired. How many OC and HC changes occurred in Denver since their Super Bowl win? A reasonable possibility is Osweiler simply hasn't adapted well with the multiple coaching and team changes and affected his ability to assert himself as a reliable starter. Doesn't matter to me either way, but it is funny how some people write off players so easily, only to proven wrong later.
                          I didnt like him.Osweiler wasnt that great in Denver. He got benched against us his last year there because he was sucking ass out there and Manning replaced him and as Mannings backup, who would have a problem with that? He is backup material.
                          I also didnt like JaMarcus. Gabbard or Kyle Boller. All were over drafted. What can i say. Like i said, QBs are ALWAYS over valued and why so many bust out.
                          I wasnt high on Alex Smith either but he has turned out to be pretty reliable and doesnt turn the ball over very often.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-08-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X