Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Elway really kinda sucks as a GM. He has had success with FAs but when you can sign a Peyton Manning and Ware its isnt hard to do if the team can afford it. His drafts have been dismal.
      too bad the Chargers have never had a Super Bowl winning GM that sucked like that. He was smart enough to rent Wade Phillips and Manning and bring in enough supporting cast to get them a Lombardi while not overpaying to keep Osweiler and drafting Lynch in a bargain slot, so I cut him some slack on the rebuilding.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

too bad the Chargers have never had a Super Bowl winning GM that sucked like that. He was smart enough to rent Wade Phillips and Manning and bring in enough supporting cast to get them a Lombardi while not overpaying to keep Osweiler and drafting Lynch in a bargain slot, so I cut him some slack on the rebuilding.
        He wanted to overpay Osweiler but the Texans offered more. And I would'nt tout drafting Paxton.

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Great another small back Jalen Simmons is 5'8" @ 220lb, so when Oliver needs a blow we sub in Oliver number 2. Better hope Gordon can go, we have no big backs in short yardage situations. I wonder if Watt who is a FB gets the short yardage plays

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            He wanted to overpay Osweiler but the Texans offered more. And I would'nt tout drafting Paxton.
            yeah, I would take his read on Osweiller (he offered 15MM/yr?) and his drafting of Paxton as large negatives at this point. Osweiller is like hot garbage at best.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

yeah, I would take his read on Osweiller (he offered 15MM/yr?) and his drafting of Paxton as large negatives at this point. Osweiller is like hot garbage at best.

Lynch gets a shot at KC who is resting starters.....I think Elway is just evaluating next years backup
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

in hindsight yes. But pre-draft, Lynch was pegged as a 1st round talent, and while Manning was there Osweiler was the heir apparent with nobody doubting him. Could be his development was stunted by all the coaching changes and bouncing around from club to club, IDK. Now he has no running game to lean on back in Denver...
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post

Lynch gets a shot at KC who is resting starters.....I think Elway is just evaluating next years backup
                  He's just giving the Broncos fans what they have been pleading for. None of those QBs should be back next season. Paxton probably will be because of price but Seimian is broken. He looks like David Carr. Osweiller, a Elway draft pick, is a bust. Paxton, an Elway draft pick is a bust.

He lucked out in signing Manning.
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

He's just giving the Broncos fans what they have been pleading for. None of those QBs should be back next season. Paxton probably will be because of price but Seimian is broken. He looks like David Carr. Osweiller, a Elway draft pick, is a bust. Paxton, an Elway draft pick is a bust.

Yeah I agree ... 0 for three....they have a top ten pick so will be interesting to see if they go QB in the first
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Lynch has all the tools to succeed. I watched him for several years in college.

If he's a bust, it's because of the Donkeys, not because he doesn't have the talent.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

If he's a bust, it's because of the Donkeys, not because he doesn't have the talent.
                        He has all the tools except the most important one. But that never stopped Bradshaw.

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

please. Yeah he looked great in College....so did every other draft bust. He also played in a weak conference in a spread system offence. So far nothing has translated well and he has been injured, which has slowed his development. I think he has a ten cent head, can not read a defense and will never be a starter in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                          X