• Show
Clear All
  • rikardo
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
    And hopefully Malcolm Smith too.
    Yeap forgot about him, should be a fun FA season, real happy to open nfl.com and see at least 3 chargers news...

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
      Maclin is a playmaker. I'd love to see him get signed.
      I'm actually against this move.

Jacoby can do two things as a WR. He can get open deep which is pretty much all Maclin can do. And Jones can also drop the ball with the best of em
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 2h2 hours ago
        Chargers have flirted with idea of moving D.J. Fluker to guard. Plan not known, but Orlando Franklin can play RT

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 2h2 hours ago
        Chargers have serious interest in Broncos OL Orlando Franklin, per sources. Deal can come as early as Tuesday

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I prefer Franklin to Iupati if only to hurt Denver.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            I prefer Franklin to Iupati if only to hurt Denver.
            Hell, why not use that Suh money to sign BOTH Franklin and Iupati...go balls deep on the OL for once. Yes it's a lot of money for OGs but assuming Watt learns how to play center, you finally fortify the interior OL to an actual strength. Plus the flexibility of interchanging Franklin and Fluker.

Re-sign Flowers and Wright, then sign Maclin to appease Fleet. Go DL/OLB/RB in the draft. Get Wilfork in here for a year or two if you're really desperate for that run stopping NT anchor.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              I'm actually against this move.

Jacoby can do two things as a WR. He can get open deep which is pretty much all Maclin can do. And Jones can also drop the ball with the best of em
              I disagree. Maclin is not at all just a go deep guy. He is also really good at dragging across the middle behind the clear outs. His route running is greatly improved since he has been in the league.

Comment

• rikardo
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Bulaga is asking 7 -8 mill a year. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477235/article/bryan-bulaga-may-be-long-shot-to-remain-with-packers

Comment

• rikardo
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

My head has cooled off and Im thinking straight now I prefer we do this vs signing Suh (17 mil per year). Sign Franklin (IMO he's worth 5-6 mil per year) and Bulaga (7 - 8 mil per year), and we move Flucker to RG...
                  Last edited by rikardo; 03-08-2015, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    i know I am probably in the minority but I hope TT takes a good look at McPhee and Odrick
                    I don't think people are against looking at them as much as paying them a ton. McPhee is one of the most explosive pass rushers out there and Odrick is one of the best 34 DE. The catch with them is that McPhee has never been a full time starter (or even a fill time situational rusher) and Odrick, like other 34 DE plays well, but doesn't put up the stats. If you can get them for less then the $10 mill between the two of them, they might be worth it. But it is a big risk to spend that much money on guys who might not be very productive.

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

I get that but we are going to have to pay someone, this year or next (90+mill under the cap)..we lost our strong side OLB and our two DE's are in the final year of their contracts
                      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

So, pay our own guys, or give guy smaller contracts and make them keep playing for a payday.

Hiostoriucally, the teams that do the best in FA, are the teams that give the role players money. They don't get the headlines, but they tend to get a lot more production and far more production for their buck. And if they miss, it doesn't set them back 3-5 years because they pissed away a huge amount of cap space.

AS far as our DE go, I could kind of care less. In fact, I think we should seriously consider kicking them both to the street right now. Liuget and Reyes make some nice plays as pass rushers. But both give up more big plays then they make and it isn't really that close. That makes them a net negative. They are a big part of why our run D is not very good. I think we could really upgrade our D just by getting rid of them. We would make fewer big plays, but since we don't make that many big plays as it is, lets focus on not giving up the spectacular mistakes instead.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

FA that could fit at a price that isn't going to allow them to cash it in, or players who I think (note think) have the cahracter to overcome a big contract.
                          OL: Wisnewski, Hudson, Clint Bolling, Brian De LA Puente,
                          NDB: Gilchrist, Jimmy Wilson, or Nate Allen
                          DE -Corey Peters, Letroy Guion, (Tyson Alualu if he hadn't resigned with Jags), Orick if he realizes he is not worth more then about $3.5 mill per year
                          OLB (looking for a 3rd OLB who could start or someone to hold the fort until Ataochu is ready to start later in the year) Derrick Morgan, Brandon Graham, Jabaal Sheard, Brooks Reed,
                          TE: Virgil Green or Owen Daniel
                          ILB Malcolm Smith, Bruce Carter, Mason Foster
                          S DaNorris Searcy, Rahim Moore

If there was one big money FA I would go after, it would be trying to trade next years first for Houston. Still a bit of a high risk, but it would screw up KC too, so kinda a win-win even if he is a bust for us.

Comment

Working...
                          X